Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference

20 Oct 2009


See also: IRC log


hendry, dom, dmitri




<trackbot> Date: 20 October 2009

<hendry> ok, dialling in

Widgets testing

<dom_scribe> Widgets test suite new location

Dom: where do we stand wrt P&C test suite?

Kai: I’ve spent some time figuring out what Marcos has changed
... there is a new location to store the test cases - not the built widgets yet
... I have built them myself and are running them against my own widget runtime
... I may be able to find more problems with the tests while doing that
... and once that done, the test suite should look much better after that

dom: once through the list of test cases, coordinate with marcos about uploading the built widgets

<dom_scribe> Compatibility Matrix for widgets run time ngine

Kai: hoping to get my runtime eengine to pass all the tests
... I’ve also written a script that helps run the test

<hendry> http://wiki.webvm.net/wrtc/w3c.txt to help run tests

Kai: it is designed for our own web runtime
... it installs the widgets - if it gets installed without error code, it is considered to have installed correctly
... allows to check for good widgets being not installed, and invalid widgets getting installed
... can serve as a guide for an automated harness
... it relies on runtinme engines returning error code on failure

Dom: any idea on what Marcos’ timeline is?

Kai: not sure; will forward my comments to Marcos as I found bugs


<trackbot> ACTION-80 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to provide a categorized view of the widgets test suite (roughly by section) -- due 2009-09-30 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/80


<trackbot> ACTION-84 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to follow up with robin on packaging and releasing P&C test suite -- due 2009-10-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/84


<trackbot> ACTION-83 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look into automate testing from WebIDL -- due 2009-09-30 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/83

<dom_scribe> WebIDL Test generator

Kai: widlproc is being worked on
... migrating to newest editors draft

<hendry> http://widl.webvm.net/ will hopefully see an update soon

close ACTION-87

<trackbot> ACTION-87 Look at categorizing digsig test cases based on type of test (parsing / checking signatures) closed

<hendry> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/test-suite-unstable.xml

Kai: Frederick said he would look at the test cases
... but test plan is missing many important assertions

Dom: Marcos said he would work on re-organizing the document, but I assume he hasn’t had much time for that recently

Kai: I’ll talk with Marcos about it

Dom: maybe that needs to be put on hold while helping on P&C

<hendry> http://test.webvm.net/

Kai: I’ve also done work on the widgets validator service; it accepts a root certificate to check chaining

ACTION-82 due 2009-11-15

<trackbot> ACTION-82 Look into developing a first set of test cases for digsig based on http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/#automated-testing due date now 2009-11-15

ACTION-82: pending on updates to DigSig spec

<trackbot> ACTION-82 Look into developing a first set of test cases for digsig based on http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/#automated-testing notes added



<trackbot> ACTION-89 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look at audio test -- due 2009-10-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/89


<trackbot> ACTION-88 -- Kai Hendry to come up with additional proposals for WCTMB2 -- due 2009-10-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/88



<trackbot> ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera’s feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21


<trackbot> ACTION-77 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review new XHTML MP test suite from oma -- due 2009-09-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/77

Next meeting

RESOLUTION: Next meeting on Oct 27

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/10/20 15:22:42 $