See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 06 October 2009
<Chris> \me I think its wonsuk
review of previous minutes
<raphael> Scribe: veronique
<raphael> Scribenick: VeroniqueM
previous minutes accepted
UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: request will be sent on the mailing list
<Chris> I think Werner is only on irc
<daniel> werner: action-47 is still open or closed ?
Daniel: Werner: what is the status of this action item?
<wbailer> action 47 is ongoing
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 47
action 47 still pending
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 47
<daniel> felix are you on the call or only IRC ?
<trackbot> ACTION-124 -- Felix Sasaki to check - everybody responsible for a format: add a column describing syntactic information ("data types", see cable lab column "Type") to his table -- due 2009-06-16 -- OPEN
Daniel: action on Felix, what is the status?
<fsasaki> felix: pending, please give me one more week
action 134, 135 149 are on David, not on the call
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 134,
<trackbot> Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
<trackbot> ACTION-155 -- Chris Poppe to and co-editors (wonsuk, florian, victor, werner) to come up for a proposal for a return type for all properties, i.e. structured or unstructured? -- due 2009-09-22 -- OPEN
Chris: to be left open until we have a draft version of the document, preliminary info sent to the list
Tobias is not on the call for the next action, so no update
Chris: pb about how to identify
an author or contributor
... send email to JP Evain to see how it is done at EBU
... second pb: representing date in WebIDL
... should contact them to have satisfactory representation
<scribe> ACTION: Chris to send email about representing date in WebIDL [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/06-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-157 - Send email about representing date in WebIDL [on Chris Poppe - due 2009-10-13].
Daniel: Wonsuk sent a draft to the mailing list, was not taking these problems into account
Daniel: Werner, Raphael, any comment?
Raphael: had some exchange about these properties on the mailing list
scribe: the problem is that these
properties are not defined
... the opinion and clarification might be only Werner's opinion
<wbailer> it was also pointed out that they are in the mapping table, but not in the ontology document
scribe: the question is to be sure that this is the group's opinion
<pchampin> are those properties described in the Ontology draft ?
<pchampin> I think they are only in the mapping table...
even in the mapping table, the types are not fully defined yet
<pchampin> +1 Raphael
I think that it would be a good idea to have a look at all the properties and define their meaning
Chris: we can update the API
document and add there the definitions
... and if people disagree with this in the group, comments should be sent on the mailing list
Pchampin: I think that the properties should be defined in the Ontology document
<pchampin> yes, the definition should appear in the ontology doc :)
pchampin: so we need an update of the ontology document
<Chris> I agree, the current definitions in the API document are copy-paste of the ontology document anyway
<Chris> who is going to update the ontology document?
Raphael: time to wrap up the discussion on the mailing list and update the ontology doc accordingly
Editors can check out together who would update the document, possible candidates are Wonsuk, Veronique, Tobias, and maybe Werner: people who have access to cvs of the document
Wonsuk: updated the draft based on everybody's comments and contributions
Wonsuk: but does not know when it is appropriate to go for recommendation with this document
<raphael> I suggest to get internal reviews of the document before any publication
Wonsuk: maybe next thursday is a good moment to have integrated the last comments and go for publication
Daniel: should publish this week or next
<raphael> Process is: a resolution should be taken during a telecon ... where the group agrees to publish
Daniel: Thierry said that we
should publish the original draft asap
... it was due last week
Chris: agree with what Raphael
wrote on IRC
... try to finish the document for next telecon
... document is not finished yet, should make a less drafty version and we should vote to publish it
Raphael: it is mandatory to have a vote on the telecon, recorded on the minutes to publish a document
<Chris> We will try finishing it and send it this week, monday latest
Daniel: agree, we need more
reviews and a vote, but going only through mailing list is not
... asking for volunteers to review the draft
<pchampin> I just printed it. I'll send a detailed review by thursday :)
Daniel: who is willing to take an action to review the API document for next week?
Chris: agreed that this would be more efficient to update the doc, up to now only minor feedback
<pchampin> make it an action to me :)
<wbailer> I can send a review until Friday morning
<scribe> ACTION: pchampin to review the API document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/06-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-158 - Review the API document [on Pierre-Antoine Champin - due 2009-10-13].
<scribe> ACTION: Werner to send review of the API document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/06-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-159 - Send review of the API document [on Werner Bailer - due 2009-10-13].
<scribe> ACTION: Daniel to send an email to the list to get more feedback and reviews for the API document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/06-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Daniel
<scribe> ACTION: daniel to send an email to the list to get more feedback and reviews for the API document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/06-mediaann-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - daniel
<pchampin> I'm still not sure
<raphael> trackbot, status
Daniel: who is attending the usability meeting before the TPAC?
Wonsuk: will attend
Daniel: Dave said that it would be interesting for MAWG, in an interaction perspective
Daniel will send a detailed program on the list
<scribe> ACTION: Soohong Daniel to send an email to the list to get more feedback and reviews for the API document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/06-mediaann-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-160 - Daniel to send an email to the list to get more feedback and reviews for the API document [on Soohong Daniel Park - due 2009-10-13].
<raphael> [meeting adjourned]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found Scribe: veronique Found ScribeNick: VeroniqueM Present: Chris Wonsuk Veronique Raphael Daniel Werner_(IRC) Felix Pierre Antoine Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Oct/0006.html Found Date: 06 Oct 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/10/06-mediaann-minutes.html People with action items: chris daniel pchampin soohong werner[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]