See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 30 September 2009
<raphael> Scribe: Erik
<raphael> Scribenick: erik
minutes from 23/09 accepted
<trackbot> ACTION-111 Provide CVS access to conrad closed
policy about contributors & editors as of decided in Barcelona F2F
everybody should check his/her affiliation
ACTIONS 105, 106, 113 ongoing by Raphael
<silvia> ACTION 113 has been finished
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 113
Raphael suggests section 6 to go to Annex
<raphael> yes silvia, thanks :-)
<trackbot> ACTION-113 Move "Side Conditions" section to requirements doc only closed
<silvia> I am not fussed about section 6 staying as section 6 or going into annex - either works
<scribe> ACTION: Davy and Erik to review Raphael's documents [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-116 - And Erik to review Raphael's documents [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2009-10-07].
<trackbot> ACTION-109 And Davy to write a paragraph in the documents to explain why we don't include this feature in the spec (rationale) based on the group analysis (impact both req and spec documents) closed
<silvia> do we have a commit mailing list on the WDs?
<raphael> what do you mean by commit mailing list?
<silvia> for cvs commits on the WD documents
<silvia> they can be mailed out - it is done on all open source projects that I am active on
<raphael> you mean a change log section ?
<silvia> no, just every "cvs commit" creates an email with the commit message and the diff
<silvia> and it is sent out to the group of people working on the code/document
<silvia> helps heaps to stay updated on changes
<raphael> i'm not sure this is really useful, particularly since some people do just one commit with a lot of changes, and some others, a commit for every characters they change :-)
<raphael> Silvia, any word about action-109?
<silvia> yeah, I finished that, too :)
<trackbot> ACTION-110 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to silvia to Draft a summary starting from her blog post and the 17/09/2009 IRC minutes in the document (role of ? and #) -- due 2009-09-24 -- OPEN
<silvia> I finished that
<silvia> please feel free to review the changes I made
<silvia> raphael: it doesn't matter how many changes are being made - it is really useful - I know it from other projects
<trackbot> ACTION-110 Silvia to Draft a summary starting from her blog post and the 17/09/2009 IRC minutes in the document (role of ? and #) closed
<silvia> but if that is not something W3C typically hook into the commit, then it's too hard
<scribe> ACTION: troncy to review Silvia's summary of her blogpost [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-117 - Review Silvia's summary of her blogpost [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2009-10-07].
postpone discussion on URI-templates?
<raphael> I will actually review the whole section 3
<conrad> public commit logs tend to encourage people to commit at a useful frequency, ie. not too often or too infrequently
<raphael> We postpone the discussio on: "should we provide one or several URI templates in complement
<raphael> of the BNF syntax provided in the spec for the definition of Media
<raphael> Fragments URI?
rssagent, draft minutes
<trackbot> ACTION-112 -- Raphaël Troncy to propose a digest of Conrad and current's proposal regarding the use of existing and custom headers for the communication UA server -- due 2009-09-25 -- OPEN
<silvia> yes, I worked over the complete section 3, raphael
Raphael will work on Action-112 today as this is a blocking factor for publication
<raphael> my actions are still pending
michael is updating test tool
michael's actions are still pending
<scribe> ACTION: michael to come up with individual 'normal' test cases (+/- 20) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-118 - Come up with individual 'normal' test cases (+/- 20) [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2009-10-07].
<mhausenblas> the TC overview could look like http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/
raphael wonders how test case doc will look like
michael ... table of test cases automatically generated
raphael ... after publication, implemetors can use this to test their implementation
<silvia> I would already use it in the html5 pages to make sure I cover all important test cases
davy ... updated MMLab's parser
scribe: can handle all the
proposed time schemes
... updated range headers (via two firefox add-ins to test)
... would like to have players that can do that ...
<raphael> Are these 2 add-ons required: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/967 and https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829? for inspecting headers request and response?
scribe: difficult to use content-range header
<conrad> davy: do you have an updated URL? http://schutz.elis.ugent.be:8080/DownloadServlet/fragf2f.ogg is 404
davy ... these are indeed the add-ons
<silvia> raphael: they are not required, but they help you work out what is going on
<conrad> the problem is that UAs do not understand time Content-Ranges
<silvia> I want to work on this as a demo with davy's server
<conrad> so we need to suggest that UAs display the "start-end/total" values appropriately, eg. in the seek bar
<raphael> Davy points out that the instance-length in the content-range headers is ignored by the media player plugin
<raphael> Conrad: is it something we need to push to the browser vendors ?
<silvia> some of it
davy ... server implementation is allright, we just need players that support these extra headers
<conrad> firefox 3.5 will use X-Content-Duration to display the seek bar
<conrad> value is a floating point number of seconds
<raphael> it is to fake it and will work only on firefox ? but worth to test it
within IBBT we will also try to come with a media player that is able to understand all headers
<silvia> then they can decide to follow our specifications and implement it natively
<conrad> davy: also try putting the urls through validator.annodex.org , just thinking we can update that for such testing
<raphael> [meeting adjourned]
<silvia> oh cool! early finish! time to go fix some stuff :)
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/2 headers/2 add-ons/ Found Scribe: Erik Found ScribeNick: erik Default Present: raphael, mhausenblas, tmichel, erik, conrad Present: Raphael Erik Michael Silvia_(irc_only) Thierry davy Davy Regrets: Yves Jack Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Sep/0151.html Found Date: 30 Sep 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html People with action items: davy erik michael troncy[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]