See also: IRC log
<florian> hi thierry!
<scribe> scribe: fsasaki
<raphael> trackbot, start teleco
<trackbot> Sorry, raphael, I don't understand 'trackbot, start teleco'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
<raphael> trackbot, start telecon
<trackbot> Meeting: Media Annotations Working Group Teleconference
<trackbot> Date: 08 September 2009
<tmichel> hello thierry joined
<tmichel> I am not sure Daniel can make it to the call
<joakim> I can do it
<tmichel> Joakim can you Chair on behalf of Daniel ?
<tmichel> Thanks for Chairing at last minute, Joakim
<scribe> chair: joakim
last weeks minutes approved
<raphael> +1 for accepting the minutes
<raphael> I can scribe it
scribe for next meeting will be raphael
<tmichel> raphael to scribe next week
ai 124 pending
ACTION-134, ACTION-135 pending
ACTION-136 . Joakim looked at tvanytime document, seems to be useful. Question: can we use it?
werner: we should just reference
... question: are the subtypes normative or just a recommended list?
<raphael> Which type of list we are talking about ? the genre ?
werner: EBU-list is quite comprehensive, people could use just a subset of these
<raphael> is TV Anytime defining these roles as MPEG-7 CS as in the old time ?
joakim: keep ACTION-136 open for now
<wbailer> raphael, ebu has these lists also as skos now
<trackbot> ACTION-147 -- Thierry Michel to check status of Web IDL for web api's -- due 2009-07-03 -- OPEN
thierry: sent a message to doug from webapp WG
<raphael> wow, great move for EBU :-)
thierry: webIDL is just a working
draft so far, they need us and other working groups who use
... doug says currently webIDL is used by HTML5, plan is to use it also for DOM3 events
... summary: status is still unclear, but it is being used
thierry: only drawback is that web IDL is not fully stable yet
<raphael> isnt't that a chicken-egg problem?
thierry: I could check how much HTML5 is using web IDL
joakim: who knows web IDL or IDL ?
wonsuk: I don't know web IDL, it could be a problem for preparing the API draft
<chris> Victor has come up with an IDL version of the API some weeks ago
<tobias> I don't have knowledge about WebIDL either.
<florian> yes he should be familiar with it
<chris> I don't have knowledge on it but plan to go through the spec
<raphael> WebIDL: http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/
<florian> i can also look into it and help specifying
thierry: two or three people should look into web IDL before we decide about using it
florian: victor has a good knowledge about IDL
thierry: yes, victor should be in this task group
<scribe> ACTION: thierry to look into web idl with victor and others [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/08-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-152 - Look into web idl with victor and others [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-09-15].
wonsuk: big issue is that we have
to decide what kind of API is better
... the related issues are on our agenda, want to discuss about them later
joakim: I think style a), very simple, is an advantage
wonsuk: would like to know other people thinking who were not at the f2f
<joakim> we need to have a decision on this soon
chris: not clear to everybody what the API is that we have in mind
<florian> +1 @ chris
chris: the strawman API on the
wiki is a bit fuzzy
... maybe we can come up with a first version of the API document and see what the other people think of it
<raphael> I would support Chris/Florian proposal for the API document, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0016.html
joakim: so we need it more concrete before making a decision
<florian> also Tobias and Vero made comments to the document
<raphael> I thought Victor worked on that? Should we ask him on the list what is the status of his work?
florian: victor plans more work on API document. Maybe he could give us some clues about in which direction we should go
wonsuk: propose that we prepare the API document and also contact victor, in parallel
joakim: yes, we don't have too
much time, so good to continue working
... need somebody to push the API document forward
wonsuk: I will contact victor, I am working with him in the MPEG WG too
<tobias> Chris also volunteered in his email to contribute: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0016.html
<chris> and I shall
<florian> +1 :)
<joakim> or get-mawg-Creator
wonsuk describing different feedback about his proposals for API structure. not sure how to move forward, we need a decision which way to go
wonsuk: want to know vote of
people on the call: what do they want?
... prepare the abstract description of the API and make the concrete proposal later
... is that right?
joakim: problem is that people are not quite sure about what we are taking a decision: a function for each property or not
<raphael> I suggest to put himself in the body of the developer using MAWG API
<raphael> ... get-mawg-Creator (or a function for any annotation property) is useful, I can't see the use case for a get-mawg-unstructured-value function
raphael: API should be just
useful for a common developer
... for each function we should wonder how it would be useful for the developer
... any function which is related to an annotation property in the ontology seems to be useful
joakim: an API with names of functions which are directly related to properties in the ontology are easy to understand, abstraction might be more difficult for finding out which property is meant
joakim: wonsuk, could you
continue the work with the output of this discussion
... wonsuk, could you try to formulate an API definition for the draft
felix: happy with the discussion today, now waiting for how the draft from wonsuk will look. language tag issue will come up later
<raphael> Thanks for the 3 reviews received from Felix, Werner, and Veronique
raphael: many thanks for the
comments, the media fragments WG will discuss the comments
... the document has been split into use case part and the core specification
... the later will be a Recommendation.
... thanks for the comments again, we will provide answers soon
<trackbot> ACTION-152 Look into web idl with victor and others closed
<trackbot> ACTION-150 Review the Media Fragments WD closed
werner: wrote some comments, any feedback?
<raphael> I guess ACTION-152 should not have been closed right ?
<scribe> ACTION: joakim to look into comments from werner on PFWG review [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/08-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-153 - Look into comments from werner on PFWG review [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-09-15].
werner: the work seems to be
... maybe dave could give a comment about whether it makes sense to have a liaison
<raphael> +1 to ask the relationship with Apple stuff, ID3, iTunesXML, etc
<scribe> ACTION: joakim to ask dave about the relationship of digital data exchange with Apple stuff, ID3, iTunesXML, etc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/08-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-154 - Ask dave about the relationship of digital data exchange with Apple stuff, ID3, iTunesXML, etc [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-09-15].
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/us it/use it/ Succeeded: s/ACTION-147// Found Scribe: fsasaki Inferring ScribeNick: fsasaki Present: joakim chris tobias wonsuk raphael fsasaki tmichel florian wbailer Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0015.html Found Date: 08 Sep 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/09/08-mediaann-minutes.html People with action items: joakim thierry[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]