WebCGM nerd conference - Ann Arbor
24 Aug 2009


See also: IRC log


Rob, Dave, lofton, tmichel, bbezaire, don, stuart, ulrich, forrest
stuart, Dav4e, Dave




<stuart> scribe: stuart

<lofton> look at agenda: http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/2009/F2F/

topic Welcome, Logistics, Week's events, Review agenda

Goals for this meeting

finalize 2nd LCWD processing

schedule CR spec production

finalize agreement on CR exit criteria

look at implementations and test suites ("test-fest")

plan & agree CR/PR schedules

(start) prepare CR transition materials

If time allows talk about what is next

Last Call processing

any Last Call loose ends

We had one comment come in


It was agreed that 2.7.2 is the prefered option.

lofton - do we need to have a informative pointer in 5.4?

general consesus was no.

resolution: update 2.7.2 with the proposed wording

Lofton will update the spec and Thierry will send a note

Lofton will update the spec and Thierry will send a note

lofton - Are there any other items that will impact the last call working draft.

nobody could think of any.



<Dave> i'm here

me too

<lofton> zakim Dave.a is Rob

mime questions -- BB/cgz and DC/cgm

Do we need a special mime type for .cgz files?

It looks like we will not need a special mime type for the compressed files.

What about links into files?

<lofton> thierry, thanks for your email about mime. A question Rob asked...

<lofton> it appears that SVG is not in the IANA registry. SVG used the "new procedure" of...

<lofton> reference [5] in my email message -- registry template is included

<lofton> in SVG spec appendix from LCWD to REC, and that should

<lofton> accomplish the SVG mime type registration. Do you know why

<lofton> its not in IANA registry yet?

lofton - maybe we should add some text that by convention .cgm is used for uncompressed cgm files and .cgz is used to compressed cgm files.

lofton - a statement warning about changing file extensions might break links

<lofton> yes, we are agreed -- I will replace the .cgz sentence in 2.4 accordingly

<Rob> IANA register URL http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/image/

<tmichel> can you please resent the IANA registration URI, I was logged off. Thanks.

IANA register URL http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/image/

- final production of DoC document

lofton will make the agreed changes to 2.7.2 and send them out around lunch time today

rob - did we discuss updating the existing IANA registration for CGM?

we wil discuss IANA registration until tomorrow morning.

Begin CR discussions...

- CR Draft and Timeline.

lofton - with the exception of the cover page the CR draft is almost ready.

tmichel - the cover page is ready.

we need to decide "when to publish" it will be a function of when we will have the other stuff prepared.

it can happen a couple days after a transition call with the director.

It sounds like sometime the week of Sept 8th.

Then we might be able to publish on the 10th.

How long should CR be is the next question.

lofton - it might take until sometime in October to be able to resolve the fate of the at risk items.

we need to define the minimum amount of time that we remain in CR.

lofton - we should probably have the minimum be four weeks.

after CR exit the document will need to be updated and there needs to be a transition call.

the driver is the implimentations.

We are not sure what we need for the exit criteria.

lofton - we have discovered a hole in the test suite and it may put some of the features at risk.

if "should" is used in the implementation report then during the transisiton call we would need to discuss this with the director as to why we are different

Breaking for lunch

we will return in about 90 minutes

When we return we will talk about the test suite

We are back from lunch

<Rob> Suart, Zakim excused himself about 30 minutes ago.

<Rob> Stuart, Zakim excused himself about 30 minutes ago.

bummers, I guess I need to reinvite it

<Rob> Are you dialed in at the conference room?

no we are not. we can

just a min - people are hunting down coffee. we should start in a couple minutes

<Rob> OK.

We are dialing in now.

<Dave> I am here

<Dave> scribe: Dav4e

<Dave> scribe: Dave

<stuart> scribe: stuart

test suite review

setGetTextStyle will be fixed by Forrest and reviewed by Don

getObjectExtent/getObjectExtentTransformed has been updated by Stuart

Don reviewed

getObjectExtentTransformed need to have the result say "pass if null"

transformXCF will be reviewed by Ulrich. Stuart will create a DOM version of the test

spXCF needs a reference image, and the html file needs the standard header stuff added


Forrest will take the interpolated interior test and create a fill offset test out of it.

The test matrix was reviewed and various implementations were compared.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/08/24 19:37:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: stuart
Inferring ScribeNick: stuart
Found Scribe: Dav4e
Found Scribe: Dave
Inferring ScribeNick: Dave
Found Scribe: stuart
Inferring ScribeNick: stuart
Scribes: stuart, Dav4e, Dave
ScribeNicks: stuart, Dave
Default Present: AnnArborF2F, thierry, Dave, Rob
Present: Rob Dave lofton tmichel bbezaire don stuart ulrich forrest
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/2009/F2F/
Got date from IRC log name: 24 Aug 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/08/24-webcgm-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]