16 Jul 2009

See also: IRC log






<Julian> gsnedders, why don't you phone in from wherever you are?

<gsnedders> Julian: I don't think the other people in my office would like it, and I don't have a phone :)

<gsnedders> (Well, I have a British mobile, but I hate to think how much that costs to use whatsoeber)

<tinkster> gsnedders: if you phone the bridge in Bristol it's not too pricey.

<gsnedders> tinkster: It is, because I am not in Britain.

<tinkster> Ah. Got it.

Any action items to add to the agenda?

<scribe> scribe: ChrisWilson

<scribe> scribenick: ChrisWilson


<trackbot> ACTION-127 -- Chris Wilson to wilson +3 weeks establish process for "official WG response" to other WG's RFC on LC drafts -- due 2009-06-25 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/127

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-127 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

moving out 127 by 2 weeks...


<trackbot> ACTION-128 -- Joshue O Connor to draft @summary voting text in conjunction with PF -- due 2009-07-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/128

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-128 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Laura: Josh was going to propose text, but we haven't seen it?

CW: reopened action-128


<trackbot> ACTION-108 -- Larry Masinter to report back on the TAG's work on versioning wrt HTML -- due 2009-07-23 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/108

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-108 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

LM: was expecting new document, but don't have it yet.
... should push these back three weeks, post IETF.
... on uri draft: on Sunday, released updated version of the IRI document including hrefs; could be referenced by the HTML5 spec. Want WG to review that.
... this is a draft toward a generically useful reference

<Julian> +1

<Julian> +q

LM: on codec issue, what happens when a better one comes along?
... we should address the extensibility issue

Rob: what if we had Ogg OR H.264 required?

CW: that's what I suggested in email last night...

Rob: With H.264 in hardware, it might well be necessary/expected to support anyway...

Larry: if the spec doesn't mandate, then providers have no idea what's available.

<Julian> feedback on new IRI draft -- was it considered to include the required functionality for HREF into LEIRI (which is an addition compared to RFC3987 anyway)?

LM: it seems like we're going down a path with no negotiation or discovery ability

Rob: isn't there a fallback mechanism?

LM: true
... could the negotiation mechanisms apply to other areas, like object tags/imgs? This seems related to generic extensibility.

Julian: reiterates comments above

LM: it may be the differences are minimal, but not there yet
... I wanted to show it's possible to show that it's editorially possible to combine these concepts - it's a starting point

<pimpbot> Title: Ajaxian � HTML5 Video tag implemented in Flash (at ajaxian.com)


<trackbot> ACTION-100 -- Michael(tm) Smith to add a note about issue-67 to the Status section of "HTML 5: The Markup Language" -- due 2009-05-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/100

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-100 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<MikeSmith> close action-100

<trackbot> ACTION-100 Add a note about issue-67 to the Status section of "HTML 5: The Markup Language" closed

move to adjourn?

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/07/16 16:35:23 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: ChrisWilson
Inferring ScribeNick: ChrisWilson
Found ScribeNick: ChrisWilson

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: CW ChrisWilson Cynthia_Shelly Julian LM Lachy Larry Laura Laura_Carlson Microsoft Mike MikeSmith Murray_Maloney P11 P19 P7 Rob Title billmason ed_work gsnedders johndrinkwater masinter pimpbot scribenick tinkster trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 16 Jul 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/07/16-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]