See also: IRC log
<kerry> aenda +f2f
<kerry> michael -- are you doing minutes, please?
<kerry> scribenick michael_
<kerry> scribenick: michael_
<kerry> ScribeNick: michael_
<kerry> Chair: kerry
applogies - Holger & Oscar
<scribe> Topic : MPEG-V
Kerry: review of last meeting and
traffic on mailing list
... we have some responsibility to reply
... wait for feedback from Wonsuk
<scribe> ACTION: Kerry to communicate with wonsuk [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
Cory: Oscar's presentation is on
... Presentations -> SemSensWeb2009 Summary
... a mindmap of topics discussed at the workshop also going onto wiki
AmitS: what are our expectations for our ISWC workshop?
Manfred_DERI: real deployments
are important - there is a conflict here between publications
and building networks
... there is some discrepancy between theory and practice in this area
... we should give more credit to practical things (whether they worked or not)
Kerry: This is very much part of
what the sensor network community is concerned about.
... much of the semantic work is with SWE standards, in which case it's a step away from the sensor network itself.
Manfred_DERI: not arguing that all papers should be practical, but that we should highlight those that are.
krzysztofJ: supports Manfred's point that deployment should be publishable.
AmitS: we are making a billion triple dataset. We could provide that as data.
<Manfred_DERI> I support Amt's idea
AmitS: weather sensor data
<kerry> I agree - data is hard to get and very useful for everyone
Luis_Bermudez: we could provide ocean data
sounds like great idea
<krzysztofJ> good idea!
AmitS: this can be the start of a community of public datasets
Kerry: make this an outcome/deliverable of the group
AmitS: can host it for the time being
<scribe> ACTION: Amit to review this idea and bring it back to the group [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
Lui_Bermudez: I'm going to the meeting and have time to talk.
AmitS: Talk about our objectives, what we have and expected outcomes - and show value to the OGC audience.
<scribe> ACTION: Luis will start a presentation and send to the group for review and input. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-ssn-minutes.html#action03]
Kerry: we were waiting for ISWC schedule before setting f2f time, ISWC timetable not out yet, so delay again until ready?
<krp> +1, wait for full schedule
<scribe> ACTION: review the timing of f2f at next meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-ssn-minutes.html#action04]
Kerry: Luis and George Mason are
options for venue.
... wait for setting date before following up on venue.
Kerry: call for papers is out,
website it out
... submission system up within a week
kevin: Where else should we advertise?
<Manfred_DERI> I will distribute it to the related projects I am involved in.
Kerry: Suggestions via email.
<krp> List of where the call has been/is being sent: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Ssn09
<krp> Please forward widely, any other places to send, drop me an email!
<scribe> topic : aob
<scribe> ACTION: review survey paper at next meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-ssn-minutes.html#action05]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found ScribeNick: michael_ Found ScribeNick: michael_ Inferring Scribes: michael_ Default Present: +3539149aabb, krp, michael_, +49.25.aacc, +1.585.919.aadd, +34.91.729.aaee, +1.937.775.aaff, +1.202.408.aagg, Victor, rodrigo Present: +3539149aabb krp michael_ +49.25.aacc +1.585.919.aadd +34.91.729.aaee +1.937.775.aaff +1.202.408.aagg Victor rodrigo Got date from IRC log name: 09 Jun 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-ssn-minutes.html People with action items: amit kerry luis review[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]