See also: IRC log
<michael> hi all
<Danh> I've just dialed in
<Danh> Danh Le Phuoc, DERI, Ireland
<simon> lots of echo all around
<krp> yeah, lots of echo here too
<Victor_> yes, lots of echo
<simon> is someone talking?
<krp> There wasn't actually a Betty on, was there? ;)
<AmitS> Let's select Scribe for next meeting also
<scribe> scribenick: cory
<scribe> scribe: Cory Henson
John and Simon have added usecases to Wiki
<scribe> ACTION: add new page to wiki for usecases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/12-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
<michael> actually I think John G. put some use cases on the state of the art page - at the bottom.
Francisco wants to know scope of usecases
<AmitS> +q AmitS
Holger: scope is capabilities of sensors and networks
<simon> Sorry - I will add links to use-cases - requires units/properties/quantity-type ontologies
<michael> yes from me too.
Francisco asks, should sensor semantics be linked to application semantics
amit_s, addition of domain ontologies will enable application semantics
amit_s, group should focus on domain-independent ontologies and upper level ontology for sensor domain
<krp> +1 AmitS
all, usecases will focus on specific domains on interest
<Victor_> ok, I undestand it better now
<AmitS> where is the link to the slides?
<krp> (bottom of main wiki page)
<AmitS> discussion point: there are two ways to think about including multiple ontologies
<simon> Do sensors measure only _physical_ qualities?
<AmitS> Why OWL-S when W3C has adoped SAWSDL?
<simon> What about sensor (process) _outputs_ - particularly important for systems
<AmitS> +q AmitS
amit_s, should think about federated approach in addition to integration approach to ontology combination
<simon> +1 cory
<simon> +1 Luis - yes, at least that was the intention of O&M and SML
Luis, use SML and O&M as basis of generic sensor ontology
<AmitS> +1 Luis, we will have to essentially build upon O&M (and SML)
<AmitS> i.e., be cosistent with such that syntactically it would be O&M and semantic extention can be done using what we do
<simon> O&M defines terms 'observedProperty', 'featureOfInterest', 'procedure', 'result'
<simon> O&M Part 2 (Sampling Features) defines 'sampled feature', 'related sampling feature' - these are v important in most real use-cases
cory and simon: need to include O&M concepts into sensor ontology
<AmitS> refere to http://www.w3.org/TR/sawsdl/ for model reference
<AmitS> as a way to associating semntics to any XML data (which all SWE messages are)
kerry, use of owl-s to model through services
<scribe> ACTION: kerry to present video mpeg annotation [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/12-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
<simon> I need to leave to join next meeting
<AmitS> any one wants to offer a short talk next time?
<scribe> ACTION:Luis to present next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/12-ssn-minutes.html#action03]
<krp> thanks, bye
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found ScribeNick: cory Found Scribe: Cory Henson WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found. Default Present: Holger, michael, Rodrigo, victor_, [IPcaller], +34.91.729.aabb, +1.937.775.aacc, +1.202.408.aadd, +49.25.aaee, krp Present: Holger michael Rodrigo victor_ [IPcaller] +34.91.729.aabb +1.937.775.aacc +1.202.408.aadd +49.25.aaee krp WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting Got date from IRC log name: 12 May 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/05/12-ssn-minutes.html People with action items: add kerry luis WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option. WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found! Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>. Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of new discussion topics or agenda items, such as: <dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]