See also: IRC log
we do not seem to be on zakim's schedule but things are working anyway
+agenda Discussion of Wiki
<lpdanh> I'm Danh Le Phuoc, from DERI, NUIG
<lpdanh> good evenning everyone
<janowicz> thanks holger, it works
<ocorcho> now on the phone as well
<Adrian> is IRC working ?? seems to be jammed ..
sorry no one is typing
<Kerry> i can see your questin, adrian
amit: thanks for joining and farewell :)
holger: please enter your bio's
on the wiki
... Mick Compton will not be able attend - as he is unwell
<scribe> ACTION: amit to get Holger access to W3C content for editing... [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
kerry: update on conference -
proposal to ISWC is submitted, and we will have to wait a month
to find the result
... we also will have the W3C f2f
<scribe> ACTION: Kerry to notify group of proposal success [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
kerry: thanks everyone for helping with the proposal - Amit S, Manfred, David, Kevin etc...
holger: presentation of sensor ontology moves to next week
<Adrian> +1 :)
holger: comments on the Wiki and progress
cory: bit a mess right now, and
trying to cast a wide net and now narrowing it down...
... what is the scope of the paper...
... how broad or narrow should it be?
holger: Comments on scope of the paper ?
oscar: many possible survey that can be done...one might be current ontologies
john_G: maybe a simple table of each ontology would be a good idea, ie features + update etc...
adrian: ask your question
<Adrian> regarding the wiki, another work that we might want to synchronise (somehow) is the EXI group (http://www.w3.org/TR/exi-primer/)
<Adrian> is it also of interest ??
<Adrian> that as implication for Low Power sensors.
oscar: metadata descriptions of
... aspects relating to models of sensors... from lightweight to more expressive - allow more reasoning
kjanowicz: we could look at geographic feature types ?
holger: that might be helpful
amit_kp: need to link sensor markup languages with ontology - broader objectives of the project...
amit_s: this is something that should be done, being done within the biological domain...
cory: Mick and I agreed that we
should work on ontologies + semantic markup and their
... can people please put information up on UML
... we need to deliver by mid-june as well, so please consider scope
go ahead adrian
<Adrian> An important aspect of sensors is low power devices. What can we do for that ? profiles ?
<Adrian> i am sorry i am pushing there but most of our work is on low power sensors, and there too, ontology is interesting
adrian: is that for reprogramming
<Adrian> not necessarly, but can be yes
holger: we agree
amit: we need to start develop usecases to help define scope...
kerry: happy to volunteer some
... also do we want usecases to be part of the survey paper?
<scribe> ACTION: People to start adding usecases to the wiki - Kerry has volunteered to put some on there... [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-ssn-minutes.html#action03]
john: when we tried to develop usecases for the MMI we developed 13/14
john: how sophisticated a set of usecase do we want to address?
holger: having usecases that show the need for ontology - sensor discovery is one of the core needs in sensor description...
kerry: the things that interest me are dynamic integrating of sensor data, with web data and other databases online... discovery is essential but we need to progress
<John> there is an extended use case in the Ocean Observing Initiative Concept of Operations
scribe: we should also use the MMI usecases
<Adrian> discovery, fusion
amit: we need to be able to do side by side implementation of the usecases - it will help ground the use cases.. but also there should be some stretching usecases or goals...
oscar: some have to be visionary
+ also what can be done now in one year...
... from the point of view of our projects, there are things we can implement in less than one year, but some that we cant... but identifying clearly the usecases that we can implement now is important
<scribe> ACTION: for each usecase, categorise by implementation - ie now, 2 years or next 10 years, ie the when it could be implemented [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-ssn-minutes.html#action04]
<John> MMI has a long list for inspiration, but adroit review will be needed
amit: is everyone happy to contribute usecases?
john: can you post the link to the MMI usecases?
<kjanowicz> yes please
<John> actually, those are our ontology repository use cases
<John> MMI Device Ontology use cases: http://marinemetadata.org/community/teams/ontdevices/usecases
john: how do we filter the
... would like feedback from someone within the group
hogler: put it on the wiki
... for discussion at the next meeting...
... or in fact the link
<scribe> ACTION: JohnG to put a link to MMI usecases for ontologies... [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-ssn-minutes.html#action05]
<John> is it ok if I edit "State_of_the_art_survey" to add 3.8 Use Cases?
amit: have Amit_S or Cory develop scenarios or use cases for semantic markup of SML?
cory: do not have good usecases as yet
Holger: yes, but please do not delete whole pages :)
ocorcho: Manfred has done something in the area of semantic markup of languages... i think
luis: have done some minimum mark up in MMI - I could add those to the wiki
<lpdanh> I'm from Manfred's group
holger: please add this to the wiki
lpdanh: please go ahead and make a comment
<lpdanh> but I can't speak to the phone due to my IM's problem
<lpdanh> we've done some semi-anonotation through sensor midleware
<ocorcho> good luck in your new position, Amit
<cory> danh, please put what ever info you have on annotation on the wiki
Kerry: Thank for starting this group up :) (I had to minute that :)
rrsagent: generate minutes
<Adrian> is this the end ??
<Holger> yes, Adrian, thank you for joining!
<Adrian> ok, thanks. sorry for not being able to call
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) No ScribeNick specified. Guessing ScribeNick: amit Inferring Scribes: amit WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found. WARNING: No "Present: ... " found! Possibly Present: John Kerry Rodrigo Victor adrian amit amit_kp amit_s cgi-irc cory hogler holger janowicz john_G joined kjanowicz lpdanh luis ocorcho oscar ssn You can indicate people for the Present list like this: <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary <dbooth> Present+ amy WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Got date from IRC log name: 06 May 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-ssn-minutes.html People with action items: amit for johng kerry people WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found! Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>. Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of new discussion topics or agenda items, such as: <dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]