28 Apr 2009

See also: IRC log






<fsasaki> me zakim, ??P14 is Felix

<florian> just send the two emails to you

I can try to scribe...

<joakim> scribe: Veronique

Florian volunteers for scribing at the next teleconference

<joakim> scribe for next meeting; Florian

<florian> ok :)

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediaann-minutes.html

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-mediaann-minutes.html

previous meetings approved

zakim [VrijeUni] is me

next teleconf will be May 5th

F2F 4 in Stockholm 25-26 June

Joakim will make a Web application form for participating

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

ITEM: open action items


Thierry not here, still pending


still pending

Werner: Linked Open Data community are designing an API for feeding back metadata
... upon query
... in contact with this group


Joakim: did not send an email, but Doug is on the phone

Doug: going forward, they assume that our group will define Use Cases and Requirements
... have some overlap with theirs
... best approach is a generic approach
... there are few hard coded mapping values between properties
... best approach would be a generic API that would return the value of a property defined at a generic level
... problem: might be multiple values given by different format at different levels
... should return an array
... you have strated on a similar path in this group
... diffence between intrinsic properties (file size) and extrinsic (annotation)

Joakim: yes, we have stumbled on the same problems
... arrays of data and intrinsic/extrinsic properties

Doug: question of where it is stored, whether within or outside of the media document
... what does it refer to, either the whole document or a part (one track or one temporal segment)
... media is segmented via different parameters
... should retrieve only metadata, not document itself
... but hard to do

<shepazu> spec can be found here: http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/MediaObject/publish/

Joakim: annotation should refer to a specific instance of a document
... you then have to find a way to adress this instance/ part of document

Doug: any document contains different annotations, related to different pieces of the data, authored by different people and tools
... my thought have changed since the editing of the spec
... also things not taken into account there
... listed some properties for which simple access should be provided but does not scale well
... get method might be better approach
... would define a method "getMetadata" giving the name of the metadata
... that the vocabulary would understand
... you can use whatever you want from this document

action 94 closed

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 94

<fsasaki> ACTION-101 pending

close, ACTION 94


ACTION-102 pending


Werner: action 103 is about investigating the set of relationship types to add to our list

ACTION-103 pending

Joakim: for example relations between assets can be asserted by a sub property of dc:relation


close, ACTION 104

Felix: it would be nice to refer to the latest standard in the spec

<fsasaki> Felix: which is BCP 47

BCP 47


ACTION-105 pending

<fsasaki> close ACTION 104


<fsasaki> close ACTION-104

<trackbot> ACTION-104 Provide information about language identification, in addition to RFC 4646 closed

Wonsuk: work in progress

ACTION-106 pending


updates have been published

Jean-Pierre: if we integrate again all the properties about techinal metadata
... we come back to the initial list

close ACTION 107


close ACTION 108


ACTION-109 pending

close ACTION 110

ITEM Status of the UC & Req deliverable

florian: we have to change the media objects to media entities
... in that document

Felix: publication is just to show to other people that we are making progress
... important to publish even raw material
... in favor of publishing updates even if the version is not stable

Veronique: Felix, did you integrate the modifications suggested by Dave Singer?
... what is there to integrate left?
... besides the canonical processes Use Case?

florian: media fragment group is talking about media resources

<pchampin> +1

florian: maybe we should change our terminology

Doug: you can publish as often as you want

Felix: I can do the updates suggested by Dave Singer by tomorrow

Joakim: in favor of publishing without the changes

<joakim> I am favour of publishing with the changes suggested by David

Felix: we can also add a subtitle specifying that the terminology is still being debated

Joakim: will ask the group for objections against the publication of the UC document with the updates?

hearing no objections

Joakim: we decide to publish it

RESOLUTION: We will publish Media Ontology and API Use Cases and Requirements

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to ping doug after use case document is updated [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-111 - Ping doug after use case document is updated [on Felix Sasaki - due 2009-05-05].

<scribe> ACTION: Felix to inform Doug when the updates are ready [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-112 - Inform Doug when the updates are ready [on Felix Sasaki - due 2009-05-05].

<joakim> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Apr/0065.html

close, ACTION 112

Felix: are we concentrating now on the new list of properties?


Joakim: difficult discussion about what properties to add
... rename
... remove

Felix: are we keeping working on the mapping table?
... with the new properties in the center?

Veronique: the idea is to map the vocabularies to the new list

<wonsuk> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html

Veronique: so, yes, we'll go on working on the mapping table

ITEM Media Ontology document

Wonsuk did the updates in the document

scribe: which list is pated in IRC

Wonsuk: last part of the document will be the mapping table
... middle part to be edited by Veronique and Victor
... comments from the group are more than welcome
... hope to have a revised version for next week

Veronique: our update will be ready by the end of the week, I will send it to Wonsuk

Wonsuk: I would like the final version of the mapping table
... is the latest version the one to be included to the document?

Joakim: I will do the last changes required and send the new version tomorrow

Wonsuk: I will integrate the new version

Werner: the mappings are not correct right now because we changed the semantics of some properties
... do we publish this mapping table or update it before publishing?

Wonsuk: we indeed have to make a unique vesrion of the mappings, now challenger's opinion included in the table

Joakim: original editor of the mapping should revise his/her version and make a final set of mappings
... can people update the mappings before the next teleconf?

<wbailer> +1

<chris> +1

<wonsuk> +1


<florian> +1

Joakim: looks like it's feasible, so let's try to update the table, new version will be sent tomorrow


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Felix to inform Doug when the updates are ready [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to ping doug after use case document is updated [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/04/28 13:02:28 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/fusing /concentrating /
FAILED: s/fusing/focusing/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: VeroniqueM
Found Scribe: Veronique

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Doug Doug_Schepers Felix ITEM Jean-Pierre P0 P14 Veronique VeroniqueM VrijeUni Werner Wonsuk aabb aacc aadd aaff aagg chris florian fsasaki joakim pchampin ruben shepazu trackbot wbailer
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 28 Apr 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html
People with action items: felix

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]