See also: IRC log
<amit> rrsagent stop
<Holger> anyone else here?
did you read that paper that I sent you? about sensor networks and water?
<Adrian> Hello everyone
<Kerry> Hi, Kerry is in on IRC
Kerry: are you IRCing the meeting ?
open agendam 1
<scribe> ACTION: Cory to take minutes next meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
Kerry: options on F2F to be either open workshop or scientific workshop - comments?
Amit_S: Should also consider ISWC as there are a lot of participants... perhaps also do something at Dayton at Ohio State?
Kerry: Proposed it at ISWC, but was rejected
<michael_> iswc due soon, right?
Amit_S: there is a lot more interest this year in semantics and sensors
Amit: What about holding it at W3C TPAC?
<krp> Workshop proposals due 1st May
<michael_> due may 1
amit_s: Dayton @ Wright State
rather than Ohio state
... lot's of people in Ohio who would be interested...
amit: W3C TPAC might be closer for people travelling...
amit_s: a scientific workshop in
Dayton would be cheaper and ISWC would be good for science as
... for up 50 people...
Amit: propose contacting a number of confernces...?
amit_s: Amit_S, Kerry + someone from EU to develop a proposal including half the program committee needs to be selected, particularly for ISWC
Kevin: Happy to help out doing this from the EU perspective
amit_s: we should try for ISWC and if that fails we do it in Dayton
<michael_> Agree with Amit S. If we are to do ISWC, we should decide tonight, set up whose doing it, etc.
Quick Vote on this issue from everyone?
<scribe> ACTION: Kerry to lead the development a proposal with Amit_S and also Kevin [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
<Cory> +1 on Kerry's idea of combining XG f2f
<Cory> with Workshop (Amit_S)
<krp> co-location +1
<michael_> co-loc +1
<Adrian> comment: sounds great, just a money issue of course.
<scribe> ACTION: combine XG f2f with scientific workshop - including co-location [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action03]
move to next agendum
move to next agendum
john_Graybeal: Sent links with
references to the work that is being done within MMI
... including device ontologies and content standards
Michael_: clicked on all the links, #4 did not have access - access denied
john_graybeal: encourage you to
become members as it is free and low overhead...
... that will allow access to all content on the site
Kevin: there is already some stuff on the wiki - should we be consolidating this?
Michael_: we have posted some of
the contents of an internal wiki on to that - a bit of a brain
dump by Laurent Lefort
... we need to consolidate and re-structure
John_Graybeal: We will keep up the references with what is on the Wiki... can we keep everything on the MMI wiki to reduce the work
Michael_: Are we trying to develop a white paper or a collection of links of interesting activities?
John_graybeal: White paper - not so much the links... should use the existing the material.. should outline the white paper with what we have
+1 to that....
<Holger> +1, too
<scribe> ACTION: cory and Michael to develop this together... [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action04]
<michael_> use w3c wiki as collaboration space for document.
<michael_> Me, cory, and other contributors write document.
michael_: survey paper to be submited at ISWC workshop... and possibly a white paper for a conference?
Amit_s: white paper should be something that looks forward
<Holger> +1 to that
<michael_> so, now = survey paper, possibly submit to ISWC
<michael_> later = white paper, built from survey paper, what we did, and future vision, etc.
<scribe> ACTION: Survery paper - submit to ISWC workshop [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action05]
<scribe> ACTION: In the future = white paper, built from survey paper, what we did, and future vision, etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action06]
<scribe> ACTION: amit_p to update the deliverables on the SSN-XG web page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action07]
<Cory> for example: http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=dcc9wxc9_142htpwmhfw
<michael_> presentation or not, why not all put a short bit on the wiki.
<Holger> I second michael's proposal
is this an action?
<michael_> amit and cory have already done the presentation, we could listen to this independent of if we want to have others.
<michael_> i.e. have the presentation today
amit_s: presentations to be focused on the agenda of the group?
<krp> If there is some required reading to be done before the meeting, this seems reasonable - discussion of that presentation/paper can then be an agenda item?
Luis: presentations not to occur everymeeting..
<michael_> agree with Kevin
<Holger> +1to Kevin
<scribe> ACTION: presentations should relate to work that is being done in XG + providing background material - focusing on efficient use of time. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action08]
<krp> +1 to proposal of wiki background, bio, relevance of work
<scribe> ACTION: All participants to put their bio's (or link to your home page) & link to your project - with some summary of how the work is relevant is to XG (limit each to 5 lines or less) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action09]
<Cory> Template: Participants, Project NAme and Summary (max 5 sentence with URL to project page), aspects of Relevance to XG (max 5 sentences)]
<krp> Yes, need at least a couple of days notice to guarantee time to do required reading
<Holger> sort of...
<michael_> +1 to ...sort of...
<scribe> ACTION: modify doodle to be at 11PM eastern time... [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action10]
<krp> +1 1300 UTC Tuesday as week (b)
<scribe> ACTION: Tuesday at 13:00 UTC as a decision.... (Week b) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action11]
<Adrian> sorry, I have to leave now. Another meeting. Cheers
<scribe> ACTION: cory and manfred to discuss Week a timings... [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action12]
<scribe> ACTION: next meeting to be Week b time slot [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action13]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) No ScribeNick specified. Guessing ScribeNick: amit_oz Inferring Scribes: amit_oz WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found. Default Present: +61.4.388.9.aaaa, Rodrigo, victor, amit_oz, krp, Holger, Adrian, michael_, +1.267.481.aadd, Luis_Bermudez, +1.937.257.aaee, PrateekJain-WSU, Al_Hendrix, +1.650.450.aaff, John_Graybeal Present: +61.4.388.9.aaaa Rodrigo victor amit_oz krp Holger Adrian michael_ +1.267.481.aadd Luis_Bermudez +1.937.257.aaee PrateekJain-WSU Al_Hendrix +1.650.450.aaff John_Graybeal WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Got date from IRC log name: 22 Apr 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html WARNING: No person found for ACTION item: in the future = white paper, built from survey paper, what we did, and future vision, etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-ssn-minutes.html#action06] People with action items: - all amit_p combine cory doodle kerry manfred michael modify next paper presentations relate should submit survery tuesday WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found! Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>. Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of new discussion topics or agenda items, such as: <dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]