See also: IRC log
<tmichel> Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2009/03/03-mediaann-minutes.html
<tmichel> hello raphael
trackbot, start teleco
<trackbot> Sorry, raphael, I don't understand 'trackbot, start teleco'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
trackbot, start telecon
<trackbot> Date: 10 March 2009
<daniel> this call starts ?
<tmichel> hope Joakim will join to chair this meeting
<Chris_IBBT> hopefully Joakim did not forget the different starting time of the phone conference
<daniel> oh, call information sent from Joakim has the same timezone (not applying one-hour earlier). I am now traveling, hence can't make a phone call.
<tmichel> It maybe that some people have forgotten about the time slot change for this call
<tmichel> Should we proceed ? Do we have a quorum ?
chairs, tema contact: what's happened with this call?
<daniel> presumably, we will start after one-hour with Joamik charing. sorry for inconvenience and thanks your patient...
<tmichel> Joakim sent an agenda and was schedulled to Chair. I was scheduled to scribe ...
The agenda said: Tuesday, 10 March 13:00-14:00 UTC
<Chris_IBBT> we do it in french?
veronique, the telecon was messy, restart again
<daniel> so sorry...this is a chairs' mistake. if ok, we will be able to resume this call after 50 minutes. is that ok for all of you ?
daniel, we cannot, since Zakim is not booked!
<daniel> um...ok, Thierry can you be charing this call instead of Joakim ?
<tmichel> do we want to cancel
minutes accepted, no objections
<tmichel> Propose to accept: http://www.w3.org/2009/03/03-mediaann-minutes.html as
<tmichel> minutes of the last meeting, thanks to Veronique for scribing.
<scribe> Scribe: raphael
<pchampin> I can scribe
<scribe> scribenick: raphael
Scribe for next week: Thierry volunteers
Felix: ACTION-43: continue
All actions: 47, 54, 80, 82 continue
Pierre Antoine: ACTION-83
scribe: the action is not
... I thought that the review of the standards will be done in small group and thus the action would have been cancelled
<trackbot> ACTION-83 Review ID3 closed
The remaining actions: 85, 86, 87 are still pending
Thierry: how will we going to publish this table in our new document?
Raphael: is there any action to actually review this table?
Thierry: no, we will make small
group of 2-3 people for reviewing part of this table
... should we design groups and assign formats to these groups ?
Veronique: I thought we will discuss that during the face to face meeting
Raphael: +1 for Veronique's suggestion
Thierry: yes, but we should as well have some material prior to the f2f
<daniel> this small group will be made by toy implementation volunteers and chairs...so toss it (reviewing the mapping table) to chairs this time
Jean Pierre: we need experts of these formats to actually do the mapping, I will not dare to say something on formats I don't know
Thierry: should we ask people to attach their name on specific format?
Jean Pierre: yes
Thierry: and then use a first come first serve principle
Jean Pierre: the maker of the mapping for each specific format should be in
<scribe> ACTION: Thierry to provide the list of all formats considered in the mapping table with the person who did the mapping, leading each sub-group [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-89 - Provide the list of all formats considered in the mapping table with the person who did the mapping, leading each sub-group [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-17].
<scribe> ACTION: ALL to join these sub-groups [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - ALL
Raphael: why do you want to publish this table before the f2f?
Veronique: in order to get comments from a wider community
Thierry: it will be difficult to publish this table in the TR space because of pubrules
Raphael: my suggestion would be
to produce a document that contains excerpts of the table and
graphical representation of the mappings
... but requires a lot of work, not sure you can make it in 2 weeks
Veronique: graphical representation might be unreadable
Raphael: yes, thus split this table depending on group of properties
Veronique: we want a validation of these mappings from the communiy depending on the usage of the properties
Raphael: then you need a lot of text explaining the rational behind each mappings
Pierre Antoine: the current table has XMP as a pivot format
scribe: split the table in plenty of tables with always XMP as reference
Raphael: problem with that is that you remove a lot of value of the global view of the table
Thierry: but assuming we do not publish anything by the f2f, what can we expect afterwards
Veronique: the transitivity of the mappings is also in question, we need to discuss it during the f2f
<Chris_IBBT> +1 Veronique
Thierry: what I hear here, is that we should wait for after the f2f to go publishing a document
Raphael: and explain carefully the rationale of each mapping, the type of the mapping (equivalent, sub-property, related to, unspecified), the transitivity
Thierry: do we have a quorum for taking a resolution
Raphael: i think we are not enough, can make an informal poll
Chris: we should listen to the arguments of Felix that wanted to publish the table asap
Thierry: ok, this is not a formal resolution (no quorum), but I note that the people present on the call want to delay the publication of the table
Toppic: survey of mapping formats
12 responders on 26 people!
Thierry: commenting the results received so far, see also http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0030.html
Raphael: I would like to raise a serious concern! I see only 12 responders on 26, among the non-responders, there are active participants ! I observe also that Dave Singer (from Apple) has raised concern on the poll itself and did not provide answers :-(
Chris: i can ask other IBBT guys to answer as well
Veronique: I have no real preferences
Thierry: I'm a team contact, so I cannot answer
Daniel: why did you do not answer?
Others: seem to not be active participants
<scribe> ACTION: Thierry to re-open the questionnaire and invite people to really respond even if they have no preferences, in order to get a quorum of responses [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-90 - Re-open the questionnaire and invite people to really respond even if they have no preferences, in order to get a quorum of responses [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-17].
<scribe> ACTION: Thierry to chase the non-responders [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-91 - Chase the non-responders [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-17].
<daniel> sorry..! I missed the due in flight...
<daniel> Thierry, do we make a decision to reopen for that once again ?
Veronique: is there a schema of
XMP available or should we construct it manually from the
... should we consider the VRA mapping in the toy implementation given that VRA has low results in the pol
Wonsuk: we can ask the schema to Adobe
Raphael: I think it does *NOT* exist
Raphael: we can of course ask
confirmation from Adobe, a chair action?
... from the blog post above, it seems Adobe considers XMP as a framework, in which particular subsets are defined, DC, and other small schemas, but XMP is extensible too, thus no XMP schema exists
... this is how I interpret it
<daniel> I was asking Adobe for some of XMP issues as well as Metadata WG, but no clear answer to me until now...
<scribe> ACTION: Joakim to ask Larry Masinter or other Adobe's contact in order to know if there is an XMP schema we can have access too [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-mediaann-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-92 - Ask Larry Masinter or other Adobe's contact in order to know if there is an XMP schema we can have access too [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-03-17].
Thierry: next call will be an hour earlier again!!!
Chairs: need to write that in the agenda
<daniel> again, sorry
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133 of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found Scribe: Thierry Found Scribe: raphael Inferring ScribeNick: raphael Found ScribeNick: raphael Scribes: Thierry, raphael Default Present: Thierry, +95177aaaa, [VrijeUni], +41.22.717.aabb, raphael, pchampin, Chris_IBBT, +03120598aacc, veroniqueM, +82.10.58.00.aadd Present: Jean_Pierre Thierry Pierre_Antoine Chris Raphael Daniel_(irc) Veronique_(irc) wonsuk (partial) Regrets: Tobias michele Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0023.html Found Date: 10 Mar 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-mediaann-minutes.html People with action items: all joakim thierry[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]