See also: IRC log
<davidb> MichaelC, you just had to go change my channel topic didn't you.
<davidb> surkov, you can dial in now
<cshelly> • Introductions
<cshelly> • Description of Work items
<cshelly> • Discussion of timing requirements and priority for work items
<cshelly> • Define next steps, including volunteering for tasks. Andi will be editing the WAI-ARIA 1.0 User Agent Implementation
<cshelly> • General working style of the group
<cshelly> • Meeting times going forward. I think every two weeks is probably about right, but would like to discuss.
<davidb> MichaelC, you on the call?
<MichaelC> both zakim dialout and dialin havnn't been working for me
<oedipus> scribe: Joshue
<oedipus> ScribeNick: Joshue
<oedipus> JOC: CFIT (www.cfit.ie) - user testing, research
<cshelly> at http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-ua-task-force
<scribe> scribenick: Joshue
GJR: Been around a longtime :-)
Mike: Team contact for PFWG
CS: I want to talk what people
are interested in working on.
... The list of deliverables are 1) The WAI ARIA User Implementations Guidelines.
CS: Aaron Lev has done the first
draft. The reason this group has been created is to finish this
... It is difficult for developers to know what to do with ARIA, so this is what these guidelines are for.
... Other pieces, are the mappings between accessibility APIs etc.
... There are various implementations but no real clear documentations etc.
<oedipus> * WAI-ARIA User Agent Implementation Guidelines, as a deliverable of the PFWG. This would be a Working Group Note and include a mapping of ARIA features to accessibility API features or some neutral abstraction. It is separate from the ARIA specification, but (if the User Agent Implementation Guidelines is on the Recommendation track) both documents should reach CR at the same time, as the user agent implementation guidelines is needed to document implementation
<oedipus> * Mapping of HTML features to accessibility API features, as a deliverable of the HTML WG. The mapping needs to be developed together with the ARIA mapping in the previous deliverable, in order to ensure that the recommendations of these two mappings are consistent. This may be subsumed into one or another of the HTML5 deliverables.
<oedipus> * The tests that are used to get WAI-ARIA through CR, as a deliverable of the PFWG.
<oedipus> * The tests that are used to get HTML5 through CR, as a deliverable of the HTML WG.
<oedipus> * Produce implementation guidance dealing with how access information from the formats is communicated to AT.
<oedipus> * Test suite development to a degree which can be adjusted as the work progresses.
<oedipus> * Propose additions and edits to the WAI-ARIA specification that are necessary to ensure user agent interoperability.
CS: I would like to see these mappings become normative.
CS: There are other things here, DOM aspects, test suite development etc
DB: I think thats great.
CS: Andy has agreed to edit these guidelines.
Andy: No real ideas yet, needs a lot of work to get finished.
CS: There are docs online Mozilla
... We need to dig up everything out there and combine it.
... We could assign different APIs and work on those.
... What are other peoples experience?
DB: Surkov and I could do Mozilla.
CS: We hope to get people from Opera and Apple also.
CS: We should start with the mapping doc and implementors guide.
PF: The MC will do that independently.
MC: Suggest the group does not do these tests themselves just yet.
CS: I suggest that those who want to do the mapping work start with that.
MC: Don't know when work, research will be done. It will take time, confs etc coming up. It is on the agenda. Others here may have ideas of what are appropriate tools etc.
<oedipus> can we leverage http://a11y.org/a11y-dom-api ????
CS: I see this all going into a
... We could have a separate doc for each API?
MS: For each role you will need separate columns for each state and property etc. We see the HTML WG members also contributing.
CS: We just need check in check out functionality.
MC: That will be difficult, lets
discuss that offline.
... A blank table with ARIA roles and states would be a start. I could kick that off.
<oedipus> Accessibility and Document Object Model Comparisons: http://a11y.org/a11y-dom-api
CS: Does anyone know of a way to get a list of all of the specs elements and @'s?
GJR: Which spec?
<oedipus> i would use mikesmith's barebones markup
CS: HTML 5
... Mike Smiths doc?
GJR: Yes, I was gonna suggest that.
CS: Who wants to do that?
DB: Is there anyone on both teams.
CS: I am, and GJR.
I can work with GJR.
CS: We can start that and share
via mail etc.
... We can get together every two week? That ok?
<Zakim> oedipus, you wanted to ask if can we leverage http://a11y.org/a11y-dom-api ????
MC: It would be good to share these mapping via email before meetings.
DB: Am a little worried about working via email, could you sort something out with checkin/out.
GJR: What about codetalks?
... There are confidentiality issues.
MC: Codetalks is not a W3C resource.
<oedipus> GJR: we could also use the PF/XTech wiki
MC: We could have a disclaimer about transfer to W3C space.
MC: If we do that, its prob ok to use codetalks.
CS: This will be shortterm.
<oedipus> ACTION: Gregory - compile complete list of elements and attributes in current PWD of HTML5 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/27-aapi-minutes.html#action01]
<oedipus> should we be making RESOLUTIONs?
Discussion on logistics of the UAI groups work
DB: I didn't follow
CS: We will 1) Set up a draft on W3C site and make me an editor and 2) set up a collaborative effort via Codetalks
You could upload a MS or HTML doc to codetalks?
DB: I will contact everyone with login details etc.
<oedipus> RESOLVED: set up draft on W3C site for editors
<oedipus> ACTION: DavidB - set up collaborative workspace on CodeTalks.org [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/27-aapi-minutes.html#action02]
CS: Guidelines doc?
Andy: Will go through a list and start with that.
<oedipus> ACTTION: Andi - make list of ToDo in pertinent documents
<oedipus> ACTION: Andi - make list of ToDo in pertinent documents [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/27-aapi-minutes.html#action03]
CS: I am on the West coast.
JS: We hope to get a few more.
<oedipus> Joshue in Ireland, Steve Faulkner in England
Andi: This time is good for me.
This time is good for me also btw
CS: I will send out a mail to everyone.
<oedipus> ACTION: Cynthia - send email to UAI TF to all invitees proposing meeting dates and times [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/27-aapi-minutes.html#action04]
CS: Does this time work for
... If so we will have another meeting at the same time on March 13th.
<inserted> ScribeNick: oedipus
CS: first day of SXSW
... anyone going to SXSW or CSUN2009?
MC: will be at SXSW
JS: two weeks from today is fine -- 13 March 2009 1600h UTC
<Joshue> GJR: What was the ID tag u wanted?
CS: email exchanges should take
place on XTech Mailing list with subject prefix [AAPI]
... covered agenda - anything else?
GENERAL THANKS ALL AROUND
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133 of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/surkov: you/ surkov, you/ Succeeded: s/Justin/DB/ Succeeded: s/PF/MC/ Succeeded: i/CS: first day/ScribeNick: oedipus Succeeded: s/subject tag/subject prefix/ Found Scribe: Joshue Found ScribeNick: Joshue Found ScribeNick: Joshue Found ScribeNick: oedipus ScribeNicks: Joshue, oedipus Default Present: David_Bolter, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Janina, Cooper, Gregory_Rosmaita, Cynthia_Shelly, Joshue Present: David_Bolter Andi_Snow_Weaver Janina Cooper Gregory_Rosmaita Cynthia_Shelly Joshue Got date from IRC log name: 27 Feb 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/02/27-aapi-minutes.html People with action items: - andi cynthia davidb email gregory send WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]