17 Feb 2009

See also: IRC log


chris, daniel, fsasaki, joakim, michel, tmichel, tobias, victor, wbailer, wonsuk




<joakim> scribe: Tobias

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2009/02/10-mediaann-minutes.html

<victor> Hello

Next meeting: Tuesday, 24.02. 13:00-14:00 UTC

<daniel> I can't make a call due to unknown problem in my office. I moved to a new office here yesterday but I don't know what problem happens...

<daniel> Joakim, I will be only on the IRC...

Scribe for next tuesday: Veronique

<joakim> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Feb/0078.html

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

<wbailer> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/SetOnMetamodel

Werner on ACTION-47: did not yet succeed a really good example...

scribe: but discovered good work on metadata crosswalks

Werner: will send pointers on metadata crosswalks
... some work on crosswalks done by PB Core (how to discover mappings) and from OCL (Crosswalk Service)
... both also discuss datatype mismatches and mapping problems, and also structural mapping problems

<scribe> ACTION: Joakim and Werner will look into the Google Dataset API [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/17-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-87 - And Werner will look into the Google Dataset API [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-02-24].

ACTION-47 --- continued


ACTION-54 --- continued


ACTION-80 --continues


ACTION-82 -- continues


<pchampin> my connexion is slow

<pchampin> not good for voice

<pchampin> could you remind me the title of A83?

<pchampin> no progress

title: review id-3

<pchampin> sorry

Werner: suggests to close the action and to re-assign once we decided how to go on with the mappings.

close: ACTION-83


ACTION-84 ---continues

Thierry: will send the input on ACTION-84 today.


ACTION-85 --- continues

Felix: will be pending for two weeks

Joakim: this might collide with the deadline for the documents.

<chris_ibbt> same here

Felix: We got a lot of comments about the use cases; the most important things of the deliverable are however the requirements for which we did not get many comments.
... We can be fast in moving the requirements document forwards.

ACTION-85 -- continues

close: ACTION-86

<joakim> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Feb/0060.html

Discussion about comments from Dan Connolly

Felix: dan Connolly pointed out that we should be more careful about the terminology.
... ... agrees with Dan's proposal
... Does the working group agree with Dan's proposal?

<VeroniqueM> I could send a proposal to the mailing list about rephrasing the terminology

<VeroniqueM> and the group could discuss if it is clearer :)

<VeroniqueM> I agree that the terminology should be further defined in the document

Joakim: does the working group oppose with the comments from Dan?

The working group agreed with the comment from Dan and there is no objection against the comment. Proposal is accepted.

<daniel> Dan's suggestion as *design principle* seems to me more broad than *requirements* and there are already lots of *requirements* draft within W3C

<joakim> http://liris.cnrs.fr/~pchampin/wsgi/mawg/

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/People/fsasaki/annotation-mappings/01/mapping.xsl

Joakim Topic: Toy applications

Joakim: there has been also a proposal by Wonsuk to discuss toy application issues in the Wiki.

Felix: Played with the toy applications...
... ...common property: existing APIs are used for the reading steps...
... ...a series of if-then-else statements are implemented for the mapping ("if its of property A map it to property B")...
... ...it would be good to have clearer descriptions of the applications.

Joakim: Questions to Pierre-Antoine: do you have to add something regarding your application?

Felix: what do people think about the common parts of the toy applications?

<joakim> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_table_090216_common.htm

<joakim> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_table_090216_common.xls

Joakim: any comments about the mapping tables?

Werner: there is an issue with the smpte and dms-1 mapping (he sent an email today)
... It would make sense to have DMS-1 seperately.

Joakim: Collaboration on the sheet would be helpful, i.e. people should take of "his/her" format

<VeroniqueM> I can review the VRA sheet. There are two mapings proposed between VRA an Dublin Core, shall I send these examples to the list too?

<joakim> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Feb/0038.html

<VeroniqueM> There are two mapings proposed between VRA an Dublin Core in RDF, shall I send these examples to the list?

Felix: Problems to see relations between table and API

Veronique: W3C has mappings between VRA and Dublin Core (they are expressed in RDF)
... Will send the mappings to the list.
... there are not many relations between properties; e.g. the can be broader,narrower or equal (not much more)

Felix: Complete list would be very helpful.
... where does the information on the mapping come from, i.e. how it would work with the formalisation.

Feilx: Sent a mail to Raphael and he will probably come back to this.

Joakim: added the properties that Veronique proposed (exact, more general, more specific, related)
... to the excel mapping table

Felix: The mapping table is important and should be a main part of the ontology...perhaps we should even consider publishing the table?
... Would propose a mapping table that is feasible for publication. Would be good to get feedback.

Joakim: likes the idea because we might attract interest from others.

<wonsuk> +1 for felix


Joakim: Everyone should do the editing of "his" format in the table
... once we have a more preliminary version then we can publish it

Felix: we should give ourselves deadlines on that.

<wonsuk> +1 for Joakim & Felix

Felix: We should write a mail to the list that we plan to publish the table around the 17th of March (or as soon as possible)
... and whether people agree.

Joakim: Will write the mail.

<scribe> ACTION: Felix to To gather material for publishing a recommendation track working draft [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/17-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-88 - Gather material for publishing a recommendation track working draft [on Felix Sasaki - due 2009-02-24].

<wonsuk> What is the recommendation track working draft ? Ontology and API Docs ?

Felix: regrets for next week; he hopes to join the group as an "Invited Expert" soon
... he already triggered the process.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Felix to To gather material for publishing a recommendation track working draft [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/17-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Joakim and Werner will look into the Google Dataset API [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/17-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/02/17 14:02:57 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Felix/Joakim/
Found Scribe: Tobias
Inferring ScribeNick: tobias
Present: chris daniel fsasaki joakim michel tmichel tobias victor wbailer wonsuk
Got date from IRC log name: 17 Feb 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/02/17-mediaann-minutes.html
People with action items: felix joakim

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]