See also: IRC log
Date: 15 January 2009
<scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB
<scribe> Scribe: Art
AB: agenda published January
14... it is
... DigSig not on the agenda because FH and TLR are at the XML Security WG's f2f meeting this week
... one change I propose is to move Testing to the beginning of the meeting so Kai doesn't have to stay on the entire call
... any problems with that proposal?
AB: any other change requests?
AB: January 31 is the deadline
for Comments for the P&C LCWD
... very important to hit the deadline to optimze our f2f time in Paris
... any other announcements?
AB: Kai, would you please give us a short status?
KH: I've done a lot of work but
because of the end of year holidays progress has been a bit
... recently talking to MC and TLR about DigSig
... We recently agreed to move MWTS tests to the "Opera format"
... This has been a bit more complicated than I'd like
... have also been communicating with DavidH (Opera) re the widget RELAX NG schema
<arve> (I missed a few minutes here, due to a phone call)
KH: The test framework unloads
the zip and runs the widget in the browser
... I need feedback from you guys to help
AB: any volunteers to review what Kai and MWTS have done?
JS: I can take a look
<arve> zakeem, Drop Mike
<Bryan> Bryan can help review it - on chat only today
AB: thanks Bryan
... are you/MWTS blocked by WebApps?
KH: no, not really
... if you want to make things go faster, then please make some contributions
AB: OK; understood
... any other comments for KAI or about the test suite?
AB: we are having a Widgets f2f
meeting Feb 24-26 in Paris
... I assume widgets will be on the agenda
KH: I will not be available that
... Dom may be able to attend or help
<scribe> ACTION: Barstow follow-up with Dom re Widget Testing and our Feb 24-26 f2f meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-288 - Follow-up with Dom re Widget Testing and our Feb 24-26 f2f meeting [on Arthur Barstow - due 2009-01-22].
KH: are there some other implementations I can use for inspiration?
AB: Scott Wilson's email today describes two EU projects that are implementing parts of the Widgets specs
AB: formal comments from Boris
... Don't necessarily want to go through the comments line-by-line
... However, we do have an obligation to respond to every comment submitted and we must continue to use public-webapps for that
<scribe> ACTION: Marcos create a tracking document for the P&C LCWD [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-289 - Create a tracking document for the P&C LCWD [on Marcos Caceres - due 2009-01-22].
UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: We can discuss any particular Hot Topic and/or process-related
... one area of continued concern is the HTML5 dependency
... Borris' comment #4 raises this issue
... HTML5 isn't going to reach REC for some time, unfortuantely
... our options are somewhat limited
Arve: I'm OK with us referencing
those parts of HTML5 that are stable
... perhaps we need to clearly identify those specs in WebApps that have a dependency on HTML and give them to Hixie
AB: any other comments on HTML5 dependency issue?
AB: any comments on Borris'
... clearly it indicates we neet to tighten up the spec
... I didn't see anything I would characterize as a "Show Stopper"
... surely Marcos will reply but anyone else should feel free to reply too
... Jere sent comments: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/0088.html
JK: I expect Marcos to reply
AB: are there any particularly urgent comments, Marcos?
JK: comment #1 is a bit urgent because it could affect the testing re localization
AB: thanks for sending these comments
JK: re comment #5, were there discussions about just using one config doc for the whole widget rather than a config per locale?
AB: some orgs use different
groups to do their localization so keeping them separate works
well with those business arrangements
... and munging everything into a single config file can be problematic
Arve: also can expect things such as layout to vary depending on locale
JK: if anyone has a ptr to past
discussions, I would appreciate
... think there is a need for more information about how to handle merging when more than one config file is used
Arve: think we need to hear from Marcos
AB: any other comments about Jere's email?
AB: this spec hasn't been update
... ED is http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/
Arve: we still have a few Red
Blocks in the spec
... some changes to HTML5 need to discussed before we move fwd with our spec
... I need to review the changes Hixie has made
... his changes potentially will affect what we want to specifiy
AB: can you agree to a deadline for that analysis?
AB: is one week sufficient?
<scribe> ACTION: arve review changes to HTML5 that may affect API and Events spec and propose a way forward [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-290 - Review changes to HTML5 that may affect API and Events spec and propose a way forward [on Arve Bersvendsen - due 2009-01-22].
[ Some discussion on whether or not the ED at http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/ is the latest version or not ... ]
Arve: it appears I have not
checked in agreed changes from Mandelieu
... I will check in all changes before our next Voice Conf
AB: anything else on this topic?
AB: Benoit sent me an info packet
for the Paris meeting
... I will upload that to the meeting page and notify the group
... Anything else?
AB: Meeting adjourned?
... Yes, meeting adjourned
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133 of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/The test/The test framework/ Succeeded: s/on whether or/on whether or not/ Succeeded: s/B: Benoit/AB: Benoit/ Found ScribeNick: ArtB Found Scribe: Art Default Present: Josh_Soref, +1.781.993.aaaa, ArtB, +358.503.85aabb, Jere, +47.23.69.aacc, arve, +0777183aadd, Mark, David, Mike, hendry, MikeSmith Present: Art Arve Kai Josh Jere David Mark Mike Bryan Regrets: Frederick Thomas Marcos Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/0086.html Found Date: 15 Jan 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html People with action items: arve barstow changes marcos review[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]