A Last Call Working Draft (LCWD) of the Web Sockets spec was published on 24-May-2012 and the comment period ended 14-June-2012. This document tracks comments and bugs for this LC. Note that some of the comments and bugs were actually submitted immediately prior to the LC publication.
- WebSockets Bug List
- CfC to Publish LCWD; CfC to publish CR
- WebSockets Test Suite
- DRAFT of Candidate Recommendation
Comments Submitted After LC Was Published
- LC-1; 17-May-2012 by Jason Duell <email@example.com>; "Proposal: add websocket close codes for "server not found" and/or "too many websockets open". The 28-May-2012 reply by Takeshi Yoshino notes this is a Chrome bug and not a spec bug. The 1-June-2012 reply by Simon Pieters indicates the Protocol spec needs to be updated. No spec change required.
- LC-2; 24-May-2012 by Julian Reschke < firstname.lastname@example.org>. This comment was already captured in Bug 12510. The DRAFT CR includes a fix for this bug and this fix (created by Julian) is considered non-substantive because it includes links to terms and definitions in the HTML5 spec.
Bugs Submitted After LC Was Published
- 17073; 15-May-2012 by email@example.com; "Formatting Binary Data". This bug is Resolved/NeedsInfo (and marked as an Enhancement). WG consensus is to not fix this for v1.
- 17224; 25-May-2012 by Noah Mendelsohn; "Possible typo in section 6: Ping and Pong Frames". This non-substantive bug (to fix an editorial typo error) was Resolved/Fixed and included in the DRAFT CR (see bug fix).
- 17262; 31-May-2012 by Takashi Toyoshima; "send function should have async interface". This bug is Resolved/WorksForMe.
- 17263; 31-May-2012 by Takashi Toyoshima; "Keep on having send(ArrayBuffer data) interface in addition to send(ArrayBufferView data)". This bug is Resolved/WontFix.
- 17264; 31-May-2012 by Takashi Toyoshima; "Add attributes to use ping/pong frames effectively". WG consensus is to not fix this for v1.
- 17685; 10-July-2012 by Timothy Prepscius. This bug is Resolved/Invalid since it is being handled in WebRTC.
Bugs That Were Open When LC Was Published
The group agreed to publish the 24-May-2012 LCWD and the subsequent CR with the following bugs Open:
- 15829; Editorial - fixed in the 24-May-2012 LCWD and the DRAFT CR (the bug is still open because it is not fixed in main branch)
- 16927; Editorial - fixed in the 24-May-2012 LCWD and the DRAFT CR (the bug is still open because it is not fixed in main branch)
This spec is widely implemented, e.g. see data from CanIUse.com.