Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference

26 Nov 2008

See also: IRC log


erik, davy, +61.2.801.2.aaaa, Silvia, Yves, Thierry, jackjansen




<trackbot> Date: 26 November 2008

<erik> regrets for: Raphael, Guillaume, Michael

<erik> Yves, are you on the phone too?

<thierry> I ammuted but still have a terrible buzz

<erik> ok, let's get started

<erik> Yves, can you scribe?

<thierry> Buz still here ;-(

<scribe> scribe: davy

<scribe> scribenick: davy

Accept minutes of last week?

<erik> +1

<Silvia> +1

minutes accepted

2nd F2F meeting

erik: both groups will consist of 10 people
... other people from MMLab and VRT medialab will also attend the meeting
... there is also a first draft of the agenda

erik goes through the draft agenda

<Yves> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/SecondF2FAgenda

<Yves> sounds good to me!

erik: anyone has some problems with the draft?

<Silvia> looks good to me

preparation of working draft

3.5 existing technologies

erik: work is ongoing

3.4 RTSP

erik: this page seems ok for the moment

3.3 HTTP

erik: raphael still has to do this

3.2 types of fragment addressing

<Yves> I will take a shot at it as well (HTTP page)

silvia: put information into wiki, decisions about what to support are taken in f2f

<Yves> +1

<erik> +1


<Silvia> +!

<Yves> I'll add thing about pros and cons of different solutions

<Yves> wrt HTTP use

<erik> get better soon! (at least 8 & 9 dec :)

3.1 use cases and requirements

silvia elaborates on the document

silvia: we should still decide what is in and out of scope

ACTION erik to review the use cases and requirements document

<trackbot> Created ACTION-14 - Review the use cases and requirements document [on Erik Mannens - due 2008-12-03].

<Yves> it might be good to publish the use case document as a WG Note at some point (better to reference a frozen document form the main spec0

<jackjansen> the minutes are empty:-(

<Silvia> Yves: it is my expectation that the wiki page will be turned into the FPWD by Raphael - is that how you think about it, too?

<Yves> silvia; yes

action Jack to add additional use cases in the wiki page

<trackbot> Created ACTION-15 - Add additional use cases in the wiki page [on Jack Jansen - due 2008-12-03].

close ACTION-13

<trackbot> ACTION-13 Examples of combining Media Fragment URI with SMIL clipBegin and clipEnd closed


cache discussion

<Yves> yes

erik: leave this open untill next week

<erik> 4.issues

<erik> elaboration on Davy's page ... http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_Fragment_Caches

<Silvia> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Types_of_Fragment_Addressing

<erik> Davy: still a lot of work has to be done on Table

<erik> Davy: difference between two pages ("types of adressing" & "HTTP Fragment caches") ... but of course some info is overlapping

<Yves> this may be merged in the HTTP page

<Yves> fragments axis in Types_of_Fragment_Addressing

<erik> still a page needed on caching (protocol & handshaking stuff)?


silvia: we should work on the syntax page
... people are waiting for that
... specially HTML5 group (video element)

jack: is it a good idea for HTML5 group? Values regarding fragments are not longer available as attributes

silvia: attributes are gone, but are still available in the API

jack: we should provide some guidelines based on a given scenario

erik: new member: Conrad Parker

silvia: he will probably only be active on mailinglist

<thierry> No fine

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2008/11/26 10:50:39 $