See also: IRC log
<MSM> Kirk, you need a leading slash
<MSM> so: /invite ... (but someone already invited RRSAgent)
<scribe> scribe: Kirk Wilson
<scribe> scribenick: Kirk
RESOLUTION: Minutes of 10/27 accepted as record of meeting
of 10/28 accepted as record of meeting
... Minutes of 10/29 accept as record of meeting.
John: CG tentatively approved week of 02/23/2009 for next set of F2F.
Jonh: The WG will decide if we need to meet at this time.
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/sml/actions/190 Test case for lax fallback
MSM: Working on it, but status as not changed.
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/sml/actions/203 Draft namespace policy document
John: We need to put a realistic date on this.
MSM: Not clear that there is a clear deadline for this. CR publication date will be a good target.
John: Kumar should enter the URL
in the action. Target date should be last Thursday that Kumar
will be here.
... We will assign Action to someone else if Kumar does not complete it at that time.
... Also open: Action 184 on Pratul to draft the XLink Note. John will close this action item
John: Request need to be sent one week before meeting. Request was posted this morning.
Jonh: Date in the request is an estimate, no need to have team vote on this.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6011 Schema 1.1 [baseURI] comments
John: XML Schema group agreed to add [baseUR] to list of dependent properties.
No objections from SML group to resolution proposed by XML Schema group.
John updates the issue with SML WGs endorsement of this proposal.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6056 Propogation of identity constraints on substitution groups
John: XML Schema WG does not plan to make SML proposal as part of 1.1 Proposes a resolution of LATER.
No objections from SML group to resolution proposed by XML Schema group.
scribe: Kumar does not object.
John updates the issue with SML WG's endorsement of this proposal.
John: Acknowledge that Julia has left the group. (Kirk to update scribe list.)
John: Unclarity in the spec
regarding a COSMOS test case. Does MS implementation read the
text a different way?
... Issue is whether documentAliases are allowed to contain relative URIs.
... Meaning of "URI prefix" in the spec--does it allow relative URIs
<johnarwe_> smlif 5.4.2 defines rule binding, on rulealias defers to uri prefix matching (defined by smlif not by rfc3986)
<johnarwe_> smlif 5.4.1 defines URI prefix, in this passage: Two URIs, one called the prefix, and one called the target participate in URI prefix matching. The target is said to match the prefix if and only if the target, truncated to the length of the prefix, is equal to the prefix as defined in section 5.3.1 URI equality.
<johnarwe_> If we interpret URIs in that passage to mean "the URI production of RFC 3986" then it implicitly says the URIs are absolute
<johnarwe_> (based on 3986 sections 3 and 4.1) in 3, URI production, scheme is required. in 4.1, a URI ref is defined as a URI or a relative ref
<johnarwe_> smlif 5.4.2 calls both rulealias and documentalias values URI prefixes: The ruleBinding element is used in SML-IF to express rule bindings. In any given binding the set of rule documents is that subset of rule documents in the interchange model with an alias that matches the URI prefix given by the content of the ruleAlias element. The set of model documents in the binding is that subset of the documents in the interchange model with an alias that matches t
Kumar: Actual content could be
relative URI, absolutized via [baseURi]: therefore logical
value is always an absolute URI.
...Kumar: actual content of documentAlias / ruleAlias
<johnarwe_> "actual content" refers to value of markup. comparison would be done after transformation to absolute URI.
Kumar: Add in 5.4.2 a non-normative:
<johnarwe_> concrete proposal draft: smlif 5.4.2, betw existing parag 2 and 3: Note: Since the URI prefixes specified as rule and document aliases are aliases, they are subject to all of the processing for aliases as described in [5.3.3].
<johnarwe_> concrete proposal draft: smlif 5.4.2, betw existing parag 2 and 3: Note: Since the URI prefixes specified as ruleAlias and documentAlias elements are aliases, they are subject to all of the processing for aliases as described in [5.3.3].
<johnarwe_> (might also append to that draft): For example, if they are relative references then they would be transformed to absolute URIs before comparison.
<johnarwe_> concrete proposal draft: smlif 5.4.2, betw existing parag 2 and 3: Note: Since the URI prefixes specified as ruleAlias and documentAlias elements are aliases, they are subject to all of the processing for aliases as described in [5.3.3]. For example, if they are relative references then they would be transformed to absolute URIs before comparison.
RESOLUTION: No objections to this proposal.
John: Will paste text into the
issue and change Keyword to "Editorial".
... No review is required.
John: This was fixed by Ginny. No need to change SML-IF.
RESOLUTION: No Objections to closing this as a duplicate of 6188.
RESOLUTION: No objections to not taking any action on this.
John: Wants to break out Comment
#5 as a separate issue.
... Issue from Yves's email.
RESOLUTION: No objection to breaking Comment #5 into a separate issue.
<scribe> ACTION: John toopen issue based on Comment #5 in issue 5680. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-sml-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-204 - Toopen issue based on Comment #5 in issue 5680. [on John Arwe - due 2008-11-13].
John: This means acting as an
editor for this note.
... Person needs to contact Henry on this note.
Len: Will volunteer to do this. Kumar to show Len how to get CVS up and running.
<scribe> ACTION: Michael to set up Len for access to CVS. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-sml-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-205 - Set up Len for access to CVS. [on Michael Sperberg-McQueen - due 2008-11-13].
Features list (distributed by Kumar)
Kumar: Will need to send out list of mapping of features to COSMOS test.
Kirk and MSM are satisfied to have the team proceed without our exhaustive review of the test case. Kirk and MSM will bring up comments as they find appropriate in the future.
<johnarwe_> This document is also available in these non-normative formats: XML.
Len: SML 1.1 reference to non-normative format. Only format is XML, but you don't get an XML document.
Kumar: This is not an SML bugzilla issue.
<johnarwe_> is MSM still listening?
Kumar: Will send email to Web Admin to help us with this.
Len: List of editorial minor editorial corrections.
John: Easier in this case to open one bug to handle editorial issues.
Len will open bug for these corrections.
Len: Issue re: sml:locid.
MSM: We should not/cannot
standardize on these issues. A human may be required to set up
a model in another environment.
... Yes, it is a problem for interoperability. But we are not sure of the extent to which it is resolvable.
... Len will not push the issue.
John: Transition meeting schedule for one week from today in the morning.
Adjournment: 3:47 pm ET.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133 of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/conherent/content/ Found Scribe: Kirk Wilson Found ScribeNick: Kirk Default Present: [Microsoft], +1.603.823.aaaa, MSM, Sandy, JohnArwe, +1.425.836.aabb, Kumar Present: [Microsoft] +1.603.823.aaaa MSM Sandy JohnArwe +1.425.836.aabb Kumar Regrets: Ginny (first hour) Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Nov/0011.html Got date from IRC log name: 06 Nov 2008 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-sml-minutes.html People with action items: john michael[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]