See also: IRC log
<raphael> +1 for accepting the minutes
<fsasaki> previous minutes approved
<scribe> ACTION: reminder to find scribe for next calls [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - reminder
<scribe> ACTION: all look at the draft of the planning for the f2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - all
<frank> The agenda sounds good to me. All depends what your idea is on 'discussion on use cases'.
Frank: later, we should discuss the use cases further
Felix: does someone want to present a
specific format at the f2f?
... any volunteer for IMM?
<raphael> I has a look at it today, I guess I could summarize the content
<scribe> ACTION: Felix to confirm that there should be a presentation about IMM [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-16 - Confirm that there should be a presentation about IMM [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-10-21].
<raphael> For me, it could be presented together with the IPTC photo metadata standard since there is a lot of overlap between these 2
<frank> good idea
<raphael> I volunteer for nothing ... but can improvise something the D day :-)
Felix: propose to close action number 6
<fsasaki> close ACTION-6
<trackbot> ACTION-6 Check WG participant mailing list subscription mechanism to make sure that new participants are subscribed automatically closed
<fsasaki> close ACTION-14
<trackbot> ACTION-14 Add text on video uc closed
<fsasaki> close ACTION-15
<trackbot> ACTION-15 Elaborate on mobile uc closed
Felix thanks all for contribution to the wiki
Felix: still looking for editors
Felix: keep it in mind, will not go through the list today
Felix: discuss what Frank and Raphael contributed on the mailing
list about the topic later today
... thanks to the contributors, are there any comments?
... defer the discussion about the IMM to the tpac meeting
Felix: discussion about the tasks about which we can think of
Frank: very general tasks in some use cases
... like search
... but also particular tasks for particular contexts and media
... which will not occur often
... separate tasks from processes to define better what elementary tasks we should enable to describe
... example of the mobile example
... 1st part about geotagging, automatically done
... do we describe the location or the geo tag?
<frank> Excellent idea - very much what I had in mind
joakim use the use case description as a general container, check box
joakim says that the general question is how far do we go in the description
joakim says that descriptions should enable us to make pocesses work
Felix: bottom up vs top down approache
... some people could try both appraches and see if we can meet in the middle
<frank> I like Felix idea of double direction approach
Felix: top down should lead to a minimal set of tasks
<hmiao> +1 to both
can als start to work on the API
... concrete effort related to the API could also bring a new view
... developpers's need to search in video
... is a point of view that could be taken into account
<wbailer> not sure if bottom up requires that we also start with the API - the basic methods are probably simple getter/setter for metadata elements available in many vocabularies
Felix: what is your opinion about working on the api already?
... in parallel to the ontology, top-down approach?
<raphael> I tend to think like Werner ... I think it is preferrable to start working on the API once a first draft of the ontoloy exists ... after TPAC
<raphael> ... but before the end of the year
hui says that we should first maybe collect more use cases to define the purpose of the API better
<frank> I am in favor of working on the API now - might help shaping the ongoing discussion due to its practicality
Felix: starting from the API side gives a concrete application to the ontology to be developped
<raphael> The purpose of the API is pretty clear: provide a programmatic access to the metadata represented by the ontology
<raphael> being sexy to the developers world is an argument I can buy :-)
Felix: starting early on the
API work could makes our group more attractive for developpers/browsers
... looking for volunteers for defining what we want to achieve in a top-down view
... could take Frank's email as bases
<frank> I can do that - elaborate more
I would also interested in contributing
<frank> I put that on the wicki before the F2F
<raphael> I think there are different engineering models we could follow to develop the API
<js> show actions
<raphael> ... an interesting one is the OWL API model, following the 'visitor' pattern
<scribe> ACTION: Frank and Vero to elaborate on the top-down approach about use cases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-17 - And Vero to elaborate on the top-down approach about use cases [on Frank Nack - due 2008-10-21].
Felix: can you elaborte on what you mean by visitor pattern?
<raphael> The paper I'm talking about: "Cooking the Semantic Web with the OWL API"
Felix: Raphael, do you want to present tis paper at the tpac meeting?
<raphael> who has already use the Manchester OWL API in this group?
<raphael> I can explain the principles and some basic code
<frank> I have not
Felix: sorry, I have to drop of early, you can stay on IRC and are free to continue the discussion for the time remaining
<wbailer> frank, i've a meeting early afternoon, but after 15.30 it us possible
I did not use it either
the Manchester OWL api
<hmiao> me too
<frank> Sounds like a good idea if Raphael explains the most important aspects of the Man. Api
<raphael> Felix, can you include in the agenda a time slot (20') for that?
<raphael> is there any other business or can we adjourn the telecon?
<frank> adjourn seems to be it
<raphael> ok, thanks all