01 Oct 2008


See also: IRC log


Shadi, JohannesK, CarlosI, CarlosV


Update on Discussion with SemWeb

saz: could not discuss our WDs in SemWeb CG, meeting was cancelled; next meeting Friday

EARL 1.0 Guide

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Guide-20070802

CV: want to prepare a new draft based on changes in Content-in-RDF and HTTP-in-RDF in 2 weeks time
... not too many changes; need to update examples with pointers
... most chages are in section 4.6 and 5

CI: we should discuss how EARL, HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF fit together at the F2F

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/earl.php

<CarlosV> zakim mute me

CV: more changes in introduction (section 1), and structure (section 3)

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Guide-20070802#Assertion

saz: what's the purpose for section 4? more background and examples than in the schema document
... guide must not contain repetitions of material in the schema document

JK: normative things should be in the schema, not in the guide

saz: purpose of guide: how do the four documents (EARL schema, pointers, http, content) work together; referencing normative parts of the four docs

ci: guide should be low-level and hide complexity like RDF
... pick an example use case and use this example throughout the guide

saz: guide should be education-oriented

ci: it should be technology-independent

saz: but it should explain how RDF is used

ACTION cvelasco to provide an outline for the EARL guide with one/two sentences for each section

<trackbot> Created ACTION-13 - Provide an outline for the EARL guide with one/two sentences for each section [on Carlos A. Velasco - due 2008-10-08].

Pointer Methods in RDF

<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2008Sep/0024

saz: we discussed the proposed conventions

ci: want to create a new draft with editorial changes
... in parallel work on conventions; this is more work
... grammar parsers work differently to DOM-based tools; so pointer guidance rules could be difficult to accomodate both

saz: some scenarios for pointer usages should be added
... have an updated approach for conventions next week, discuss then and during F2F; then publish a draft shortly after F2F

ACTION ciglesia to create an updated approach for pointer conventions/usage guidance

<trackbot> Created ACTION-14 - Create an updated approach for pointer conventions/usage guidance [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2008-10-08].

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2008/12/29 09:37:49 $