See also: IRC log
<trackbot-ng> Date: 29 May 2008
<scribe> scribe: Erik
<scribe> scribeNick: ed
<ChrisL> I answered a couple of Kalles font questions
ED: so these tests are invalid as I see it, how do we proceed?
CL: mark them as non-approved,
and take them out for this release
... Kalle also writes that there are additional tests that are invalid
... some of the converted 1.1 tests
AE: we'd have to reprocess the testsuite after this, right AG?
AG: yes, but it's all ready, just run some scripts
AE: AG will you mark tests as non-approved, and re-run the scripts?
... which ones should I unapprove?
CL: fonts-gyph-03 is ok
... text-intro-03 I'll fix that now
AE: ok, so that will be fixed now before we do the publication
AG: ok, will have testsuite ready for publication on tuesday next week
CL: the process of publishing is not that difficult, we just need to decide to do it
AE: so let's do the publication on tuesday next week
<anthony> ACTION: anthony to send an email out asking for tests to un-approve and to regenerate the test suite based on the feedback [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-2044 - Send an email out asking for tests to un-approve and to regenerate the test suite based on the feedback [on Anthony Grasso - due 2008-06-05].
RESOLUTION: we will publish the 1.2T testsuite on wednesday June 4, all pending changes need to be in before tuesday
AE: status update?
... doug was trying to get the repository added, but we didn't assign anyone to move stuff over
... is that something only the staff contact can do?
CL: everyone in the group needs
... so that we can all read and write to it
AE: once that's in place anyone can do that
CL: yes, but we need to be careful with revision numbers (especially on the testsuite)
AE: and the history will be lost
... the 1.2T spec, 1.2 specs and 1.1 errata should be moved
<ChrisL> need to talk to systems team to ensure all wg members have read write cvs access
AE: who wants to do that?
CL: i can do that
AE: just needs to be coordinated
so that we don't check into the old cvs-space
... decide on a time, or send an email about it?
CL: will send email
<scribe> ACTION: CL to move the 1.2T spec, 1.2 modules, 1.1 errata to the new public cvs-space [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-2045 - Move the 1.2T spec, 1.2 modules, 1.1 errata to the new public cvs-space [on Chris Lilley - due 2008-06-05].
AE: I'll start sending out weekly
updates on edits, to make sure that actions are kept at a
... since the spec was changed after tests were made
AE: this is in response to our
review comments (from the F2F) about making a simpler
... just wanted to respond, the tests are complex and that makes it take longer to review them
TZ: it tests many things at once, it was difficult to verify it
AE: yes, there are a few tests
... is it worth trying to make the tests simpler?
CL: he's synthesizing a quadratic
... suggest putting it out
... i'm worried if it requires particular precision
AE: the expected result is way different from what's actually happening
TZ: it's also made more complex
because of the multiple animations
... i'm going to let the implementors judge if it's easy enough
... and that it's testable
AE: because it's a complex test
we'd have to debug it over the course of several days
... it's a resource issue
TZ: is it just this test, or are the others that players don't pass?
AE: there are others
TZ: i could take a look at those
tests in house and see if we can verify them
... I'm going to ask the developers to verify the correctness of the tests
CL: this particular ones can't be
... he's correct that you can't simplify it if you want to have a curve
... he's testing two combined animations on one attribute
... otherwise it would just be animated on a line
... since it's a quadratic curve and svg has quadratic curves he can show the correct trajectory
... think the test is correct
AE: I can email the group with the list of DOH tests that are still left to review
CL: right, but this one is fairly simple still
<scribe> ACTION: TZ to review the 1.2T DOH tests that are still unreviewed (AE will send a list of the tests to public-svg-wg) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - TZ
<scribe> ACTION: atanas to review the 1.2T DOH tests that are still unreviewed (AE will send a list of the tests to public-svg-wg) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-2046 - Review the 1.2T DOH tests that are still unreviewed (AE will send a list of the tests to public-svg-wg) [on Atanas (Tony) Zlatinski - due 2008-06-05].
<scribe> ACTION: AE to email DOH to say that we're doing additional review on his tests [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-2047 - Email DOH to say that we're doing additional review on his tests [on Andrew Emmons - due 2008-06-05].
AE: some of these have been discussed
CL: I've responded to the first two
AE: no spec changes?
CL: not in svg, but in css
<ChrisL> clarifications, not conformance changes
AE: for the third one, cameron have already had some feedback but there's been no official response
CL: I'm halfway through that one
AE: ok, the last one then
CL: he's correct
... the spec says that xml:space applies to text block elements, which is text and textarea only
... the test puts in on tspan
... which should be possible
... but we need to edit the spec
... just going to check the current spec
... it refers to text element content
... need to say that xml:space also applies to children of text element content
... we need to errata 1.1 and change 1.2T
DS: I started to add a definition
for text content child elements, since you may have a title for
... or an anchor tag
<scribe> ACTION: CL to add the child definition of text content element to cover the xml:space issue and add an errata 1.1 item, and fix the 1.2T spec, and reply to kalle [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-2048 - Add the child definition of text content element to cover the xml:space issue and add an errata 1.1 item, and fix the 1.2T spec, and reply to kalle [on Chris Lilley - due 2008-06-05].
AE: do we need to track the list better, and make sure it's on the agenda each week?
CL: yes, and reply to each message quickly with links to the public minutes
<ChrisL> its the same text in the repository version
DS: using tracker would be
useful, many things falls through the cracks
... in trying to answer to questions, we should still prioritize spec work, we should set aside about 30 mins each telcon for that
AE: do you suggest putting things in the issue tracker as soon as they come in?
CL: the new tracker can create
agendas from the open issues and actions
... based on due dates too
AE: the public can't add issues though?
... but they can read it
DS: better than the
... having two tracking systems is a bad idea
AE: right, so just paying attention to the www-svg list and adding them to the issue tracker would be a good idea
AE,CL: haven't had time to review
DS: have read it, has alot of
dependencies on HTML5
... have asked for something saying that the host language defines somethings
... there are definitions of terms that are defined in HTML5
... the content-type, if you have an XML type do this, otherwise refer to HTML5
... need to read through it
... reversing the dependency chain would be an option
AE: so svg couldn't reference this, since it has HTML5 dependencies
DS: it wouldn't be neat, but I
don't agree with your statement
... it has provisions for processing XML
... it's not exclusive to HTML5
AE: what's the due date?
ED: June 2
DS: it's unlikely the dependencies will change unless defined elsewhere
AE: if we want to have a formal
review we need to get it done soon
... so, the dependencies on HTML5
DS: right, but it's small parts of it still
TZ: is it possible to do our own interface?
DS: we've done that already, but
we will try to use XHR in the future
... that's the preference
AE: in order to get a review we need reviews to the list and to compile the list of comments
<ChrisL> i was dropped from the call, redialing
DS: I'll review it, ed and heycam
should do it too
... we could ask for an extension
... will do that
CL: right, so we can do that and still try to get review comments in order
<scribe> ACTION: heycam to review the XHR spec and send to public-svg-wg [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action07]
<trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - heycam
<scribe> ACTION: cameron to review the XHR spec and send to public-svg-wg [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action08]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-2049 - Review the XHR spec and send to public-svg-wg [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-06-05].
<scribe> ACTION: DS to review the XHR spec and send comments to public-svg-wg [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action09]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-2050 - Review the XHR spec and send comments to public-svg-wg [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-06-05].
<scribe> ACTION: ED to review the XHR spec and send comments to public-svg-wg [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action10]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-2051 - Review the XHR spec and send comments to public-svg-wg [on Erik Dahlström - due 2008-06-05].
ED: can we confirm these are the correct dates?
CL: if we have a testfest before then we also need to decide those dates
<scribe> ACTION: to respond to alexander adams about the SVG WG F2F nuremberg dates, and get information for the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action11]
<trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - to
<scribe> ACTION: ED to respond to alexander adams about the SVG WG F2F nuremberg dates, and get information for the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html#action12]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-2052 - Respond to alexander adams about the SVG WG F2F nuremberg dates, and get information for the wiki [on Erik Dahlström - due 2008-06-05].
AE: not sure if I can travel for personal reasons
CL: not a problem, w3c staff can run the tests if the implementation is available
AE: so we need to pick a date and location
CL: if we have it sooner we'll
get results quicker, but later if we want better results
... thinking july perhaps, in good time before the svg open?
AE: so a virtual testfest is perhaps an idea, so that we don't all have to be present at some location
CL: if people have travelled somewhere, you get the attention of everyone, and can ask anyone for running paricular tests
AG: we could also do it right before the nuremberg f2f
AE: how many more testfests do we
need you think?
... it's resource intensive
... we could take time from the f2f to do it
DS: if we're having a testfest in raleigh, i'd have to get somewhere for us to meet
AE: maybe not decide now, but we should try to nail this down for next week
DS: this time doesn't work well
... don't want to lose him from the team
... especially given the constraints stuff
... is it possible to have telcons at different times?
ED,CL: yes, no problem
CL: moving it later wouldn't make it worse for him, since he can't do this time either
DS: if we moved it back to the
original time he could make it
... we moved it because of TZ
... we could have one late and one early call
... if we can't find a suitable time for everyone
AE: so we would fluctuate between heycam and slim
RESOLUTION: for tuesdays, let's do the new time, thursdays let's do the old time
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133 of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/today/soon/ Found Scribe: Erik Found ScribeNick: ed Default Present: Andrew_Emmons, Doug, anthony, ed, +1.214.557.aaaa, ChrisL, zlatinski Present: Andrew_Emmons Doug anthony ed +1.214.557.aaaa ChrisL zlatinski Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008AprJun/0068.html Found Date: 29 May 2008 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-svg-minutes.html People with action items: ae anthony atanas cameron cl ds ed heycam respond to tz[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]