See also: IRC log
<dsr> Scribe: dsr
<scribe> Scribe: Rich
<scribe> scribe: Rich
RESOLUTION: publish the minutes. approved.
dsr: the issue was to see if we
can team up with the device description and best practices
... there was a problem with the local hosting arrangements
... the dd and best practices were planning to meet in Sofia
... I think there are arguments for and against for meeting at the same time
... perhaps it would be better to meet at a separate week
... rich and others have restrictions
... will try to collect more data
... although we spoke about Europe it does not have to be
richs: what do you need for hosting?
dsr: a location. meeting for 2
days. a meeting room with network access and phone
... if you have any questions please let us know
... we need to figure out a week
coordination better suited to people in Asia
dsr: none of the people are on
the call today. and will set up a questionaire for this like
the face to face
... essentially last week there was a W3C, PPC, and another group on printing for web applications
... there is also interest from companies like Samsung.
dsr: in the Korea meeting device
description and UWA agreed to rechartering as part of the UWA
... this makes it easier for joint meetings
... re-chartering helps in the refocusing
richs: would like to address personalization for rechartering
dsr: I need proposed text for rechartering
<scribe> ACTION: Rich to write proposed text for the charter to address personalization [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/20-uwawg-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-85 - Write proposed text for the charter to address personalization [on Richard Schwerdtfeger - due 2008-03-27].
Kevin: An industry standard
consensus on delivery context on top of which industry APIs
could be built on top of it
... I would like to see this in the charter
dsr: I have been trying to get
this in the dsr
... If we can get Apple to support this into webkit that would be good
... the advent of the iphone is changing the landscape somewhat.
rich: you mean converged devices
... how do we create consensus with browser manufacturers will be key
... what thing that was discussed was to have a workshop on the topic
... unfortunately the spain workshop fell through to do this
Kevin: In addition to the suggestion about browser vendors the OpenAjax alliance will be of help.
rich: I can help with that
... my boss helped start openajax alliance
... there are synergies that with mashups that will help
<scribe> ACTION: Dave provide a list of key players we need to get involved [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/20-uwawg-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-86 - Provide a list of key players we need to get involved [on Dave Raggett - due 2008-03-27].
dsr: these things take time
dsr: those with actions are not on the call today
Kevin: I need to scoot off
... I coordinated with xhtml2 so that was done
dsr: one of the outcomes of the face to face was for Roatan, Jose, and Paul discussed was wheter we needed to broaden the functionality of xhtml 2
Rich: would it make sense to merge xhtml2 and ubiquitous web?
dsr: the benefits of declarative authoring are clear but the question is how to deliver
rich: can this be addressed in the middleware
dsr: perhaps the abstract UI
layer with xforms is the place to look at
... we need to think the about the logistics of merging the two groups
... we are working out the issues with Charlie on that application middleware piec.
RRSAGeng make log member
RRSAgent makelog member
<dsr> rrsagent set logs member-visible