SWEO Weekly

14 Nov 2007


See also: IRC log


Susie, +49.631.2.aaaa, PaulaP, LeeF, bengee, Dunja, Kjetil, kidehen, leobard, danja
Karen, Ivan
bengee, Kjetil




<LeeF> Scribe: bengee

<LeeF> Scribe: Kjetil

Susie: next on the agenda is information gathering
... are there any notes as to what I should be doing

leobard: you should upload an RDF file and see how it works

<leobard> data sources: http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/InfoGathering/DataSources

leobard: there is allready a list of data sources

<danja> (thanks LeeF)

Susie: asks danja how the document collection is going
... I have an action for you to write up the preferred documents
... we are going back to leobard

leobard: I have gone through all the reviews

<danja> (dog!)

leobard: it is 4-5 interesting reviews, each has many points
... anybody else interested in working on this with me?

<leobard> https://gnowsis.opendfki.de/repos/gnowsis/papers/2006_11_concepturi/feedback/index.htm


leobard: it is OK, it just takes a little longer

Susie: ivan may be interested in helping

<danja> leobard, I'll try and help but can't make any promises - bit pressed for time at the moment

<LeeF> Recent discussion on URIs and identity on the HCLS list (including some concerns from Xiaoshu Wang): http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-semweb-lifesci/2007Nov/0048.html

<LeeF> """

<LeeF> 7.1.3 Maturity Level When Ending Work on a Technical Report

<LeeF> Working Group Note

<LeeF> A Working Group Note is published by a chartered Working Group to indicate that work has ended on a particular topic. A Working Group MAY publish a Working Group Note with or without its prior publication as a Working Draft.

<LeeF> """

Discussion on writing group notes

Susie: we should have a working draft
... we are not expected to go through a working draft stage, but DanC said that we could do it
... we should discuss this more when ivan is back, he will surely have something to say about it
... next is the FAQ
... there is new things about RDFa and GRDDL and so on
... next is progress on use cases and case studies
... Boeing's case hadn't gone through their legal process, so it had to be taken down
... hopefully it won't take long to get back
... next up is the flyer

<danja> yay!

<PaulaP> Dunja is talking

<danja> !

Dunja: the flyers are finished

everybody w00ts

Dunja: we have sent it to print and will get n copies

n was?

<PaulaP> :)

Dunja: it is on the wiki page, however not in the good quality that is printedd

<PaulaP> http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/Collateral_Material_%28Semantic_Web_Flyer%29

<PaulaP> it comes right after the title of the page

Susie: next up is logo
... the logo was finished a couple of weeks ago

<danja> stickerz!? I want!!


hmmm, oh well...

Susie: during the f2f, we discussed having a generic business presentation, and found that it was a good idea
... also, we should have graphics that can be used in this context
... I contacted Ian and asked if this was a good idea, and he said yes
... if you allready have graphics, perhaps we could put up a wiki with it, and we would need to work out a CC like license
... what we want is something that can be used in a presentation
... next up is an update on community projects

kidehen: we have a number of things, but nothing worth mentioning here and now

bengee: there is a prototype of knowee, needs more work

<scribe> ... new server

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: people are starting to work with it
... not many is downloading it
... I haven't got much feedback from people installing it
... still a one-man project
... there are neighbouring projects, they are approaching me
... people are starting to get interested in RDF

Susie: can you recruit more people

bengee: once I get a new release, I will ask more for contributions

Kjetil: gives an update on POWDER browser extensions and FOAF Whitelisting

<danja> wiki is much better now!!

<danja> Sean B. Palmer's work

<danja> (on grddl-n3, has a non-xslt trick for grddl)

<PaulaP> bye

<danja> wiki better through bengee's efforts

<danja> bye

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007/11/14 15:49:09 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128  of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: bengee
Found Scribe: Kjetil
Inferring ScribeNick: Kjetil
Scribes: bengee, Kjetil

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Default Present: Susie, +49.631.2.aaaa, PaulaP, LeeF, bengee, Dunja, Kjetil, kidehen, leobard, danja
Present: Susie +49.631.2.aaaa PaulaP LeeF bengee Dunja Kjetil kidehen leobard danja
Regrets: Karen Ivan
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sweo-ig/2007Nov/0006.html
Got date from IRC log name: 14 Nov 2007
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2007/11/14-sweo-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]