See also: IRC log
<shawn> agenda: [get from mailing list]
<shawn> who is one the phone
<Sylvie> hi, I'm also on the phone, and I don' see me on he list
<shawn> scribe: Judy
<scribe> chair: Shawn
Shawn: let's get started...
Shawn: remember that we froze the
content a while ago
... and now have the HTML version to look at and need to talk about that
... the primary purpose of the HTML version is to be able to preview the content online
... not really designed for novices, or self-study
... first question is about title, since we might have additional presentations
... so what about calling this "About WCAG 2.0"
... there might be other presentations w/ different focus
Andrew: understand what you're trying to do, but "about WCAG 2.0" may not help clarify
Sharron: agree, doesn't clarify it enough
<Liam_McGee> .me 'Introducing WCAG2?'
<shadi> [for the record, i like "About WCAG 2.0" -it's like "About this Web site/article/book" kind of phrases that are commonly used]
Shawn: goes through some of the actual content in this presentation..
<Liam_McGee> What's New with WCAG 2?
Liam: what about "what's new w/
... I gave this presentation last week as a trial
... for an audience w/out other background on WCAG 2
... it worked well
<Zakim> shadi, you wanted to voice IRC comment and to mention test-run too
<Liam_McGee> 'A First Taste of WCAG 2'
Shadi: I like "about wcag 2" -- I
think it's similar to "about this web site" etc, sort of like
... and I used it as a test-run recently as well, and it worked well. I just sent a few comments afterwards. Lots of good material.
Shawn: what about making sure that it's clear in the slide presentation itself and the cover page that this doesn't cover technical details, and leaving the title wcag 2?
Andrew: yes that could work
All: general expressions of agreement...
Liam: Could get confusing in the future but OK.
<shawn> scribe: wayne
<scribe> scribe: Wayne
shawn: look in general about format.
sylvie: The display of the presentation: is it slide by slide?
<shadi> slidy or S5
shawn: This can be run with a W3 slide too or another tool.
Andrew: to track we need slide number
Doyle: Agrees --- strongly.
<shadi> S5: http://s5project.org/
<shadi> Slidy: http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/
<scribe> ACTION: Make slide numbers [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action01]
Sylvie: Looked at the four tables. Need to be made it linearized logically
Shawn: The tables are data table the intent is to provide 2-d navigation.
Sylvie: The table us used to have a layout, but it doesn't compare. It does not communicate.
liam: what is the relationship between the rows and headings.
<Andrew> Andrew: suggests adding a clear table summary - eg "data table with info about WCAG 1 in Col 1 and info about WCAG 2 in col 2" and possibly also need some info about the rows
<scribe> ACTION: add a summary to the data tables at slide 47 notes. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action02]
<scribe> ACTION: On the process slide with arrows, change the alt text [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action03]
<scribe> ACTION: make the alt-test to arrow back to "WCAG working group development" instead of step number. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action04]
<Andrew> Andrew: reconsider alt for other arrows in that same slide
<Liam_McGee> liam sighs
Shadi: Monday morning must leave about 10 and late Tuesday
<Zakim> shadi, you wanted to mention some conflicts
liam: Now un-muted. Cannot participate all the time; Topics would be WAI area and Mobil Best prsctices. For developers is best.
Judy: Cannot confirm Monday morning
<Liam_McGee> Can't do the 5th, could do either morngin or afternoon of 6th
Shawn: No teleconference Nov 2.
<Liam_McGee> basically could give 3-4 hrs over the course of the day, and can split those to suit.
Shawn: Dinners - work out the preferences
<scribe> ACTION: Plan dinner [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action05]
<scribe> ACTION: Plan dinner for EO at f2f. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action06]
Shawn: Sharron will take a pass at FAQ
Document: ARIA Overview
Shawn: Is it clear who the WAI ARIA documents are for...
Justin: From the first no, after I've read it yes.
Doyle: Agrees, that is a weakness.
liam: the web developer... it works.
Justin: is this who WAI Overview is for is not accurate.
Shawn: Do we developers to think the Suite is useful for them? Then later find which ones are relevant.
liam: the developers will be disappointed at the lack of quick details, but will find it the structure.
<scribe> ACTION: Shawn suggest to the Com that people can subscribe by email on updates to new documents. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action07]
<scribe> ACTION: Shawn, in ARIA add time frame for Best Practices Guide [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action08]
Shawn: Who WAI ARIA is for... lists relevant documents. Reading it linearalized you don't get the audience. Should we pair who its for with the docments?
Justin: Great idea
Shawn: How does this provide an
intro to WAI ARIA work for different roles?
... How does the overview page work for a broad audience?
liam: What are we hoping for these audiences to get from this doucment?
Justin: Can my website be accessible with ARIA?
liam: Is the point, "Can AJAX be accessible"
Sharron: Admin can send techs here.
Shawn: Title change from "Accessiblity Issues".
wayne: Making AJAX and Friends Accessible
Justin: Won't laught at us for using AJAX imprecicely.
Doyle: Briliant phrase...
<shawn> Making AJAX and Such Accessible
<shawn> Making AJAX, etc. Accessible
Sylvie: is there a class name fot these technologies?
shadi: leaning for removing AJAX
liam: find a term to appeal to
open audience. Keep AJAX
... Accessible AJAX and similar technolgies
Andrew: and "related technologies"
<shawn> Making Ajax and Related Technologies Accessible
Justin: Accessible AJAX... desn't make what I'm reading clear.
<scribe> ACTION: Shawn take editors descrition on the title "Accessible AJAX..." [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action09]
<shawn> ACTION: shawn change first subheading. ideas: "Making Ajax and Related Technologies Accessible"... (and others in minutes) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action10]
<shawn> rssagent, drop action 9
shawn does the image work for tree navigation.
<Liam_McGee> The tree nav is commented out in the source...
<Sylvie> sorry, this is sylvie, I was disconnected from the phone bye!
Issue: It looks like a real control.
<shawn> ACTION: wai-aria, make the figure not look like it's part of the site [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action11]
Andrew: Give it a ragid edge... Needs to be set out from the actual content
<scribe> ACTION: (Liam) The image right under Accessible Issues needs clarification. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action12]
<Liam_McGee> Yep, that's fine. Shawn can make any decision on my behalf
<shawn> ACTION: LIAM, wai-aria overview, make the figure *not* look like it's part of the site [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action13]
<Liam_McGee> Relating to w3c business
<shawn> 12,13, 15.
<shawn> (slides 40-46 complex)
<shawn> Slides 49-57 are complex
<shawn> slides 71-76
<shawn> Justin: 12,13, 15
<shawn> Justin: 44, 45, 46
<shawn> wayne: 40, 41, 43 (based on 42)
<shawn> justin: whatever from 49-57 we don't already have
<shawn> wayne: 71-76
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128 of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/in the future/in the future but OK./ Found Scribe: Judy Inferring ScribeNick: judy Found Scribe: wayne Found Scribe: Wayne Inferring ScribeNick: Wayne Scribes: Judy, wayne ScribeNicks: judy, Wayne Default Present: doyle, achuter, Shawn, Wayne_Dick, Judy, Andrew_Arch, +1.512.305.aaaa, Sharron, Shadi, +012396aabb, Liam, Justin, Bingham Present: doyle achuter_(muted) Shawn Wayne_Dick Judy Sylvie Andrew_Arch Sharron Shadi_(muted) Liam Justin Harvey Regrets: [get from mailing list] Got date from IRC log name: 26 Oct 2007 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html WARNING: No person found for ACTION item: on the process slide with arrows, change the alt text [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action03] WARNING: No person found for ACTION item: (liam) the image right under accessible issues needs clarification. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/26-eo-minutes.html#action12] People with action items: add liam make plan shawn suggest wai-aria[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]