See also: IRC log
Date: 11 Oct 2007
<scribe> scribe: DanC
<DanC_> minutes 13 Sep
anne, do you know what Chaals is up to today?
<anne> Not really. Apart from that there's a fifty-fifty chance he's on a plane :)
<Chris> mjs, are you really there?
<mjs> Chris: not on the phone I'm not
<oedipus> or waiting for a plane
<mjs> on IRC I am only here enough to answer questions briefly if needed
<DanC_> that works for me, mjs
DanC: how about Thu, 25 Oct
... or 1400Z, but hard-stop at 1hr
ok, next meeting 18 Oct 1400Z 12p Chicago
ChrisW: I'm OK to chair 25 Oct at
... but as we're not picking up many Asia/OZ participants, maybe I'll look into switching my slot.
<DanC_> mjs, what news on universal design/accessibility? do you have pending edits, or have you done what you have in mind to do?
<mjs> DanC, I have a pending edit in mind, probably will be free to do it come Monday
<mjs> my only remaining distraction/excuse is doing performance reviews for my staff at Apple which will be complete Monday
<scribe> ACTION: Maciej to finish editing pass based on pending comments, e.g. from survey of 2007-08-16 to 2007-08-23 [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20071012]
DanC: we seem to go in fits and starts, but I guess that's life
ChrisW: I'm making progress on getting more IE team members involved.
<OedipusWrecked> mjs: will there be another draft of the HDP before TPAC?
<mjs> OedipusWrecked, I hope so
<OedipusWrecked> mjs: good!
<DanC_> (I hope to get HDP to /TR/ by the TPAC)
ChrisW: wow... they weren't kidding when they said hotel prices would go up.
<Chris> has everyone who plans on coming to the WG meeting registered?
<OedipusWrecked> GJR: registered
DanC: we seem to have a large room reserved; maybe split, yeah.
<Hixie> btw, i'm still of the opinion that we should tell our "observers" that as a completely open working group we don't accept observers, but that they are welcome to participate, even if they don't actually talk :-)
<OedipusWrecked> trying to organize task force f2f outside of the "normal" meeting hours, as all WG f2fs are meeting at the same time
<Hixie> (or that there is no distinction between "observer" and "participant" or some other such phrasing that encourages them to give us feedback)
<Hixie> (and for "them" to become "us")
"200# # indicates Classroom seating only" -- http://www.w3.org/2007/11/TPAC/overview.html
<mjs> I haven't registered but probably I and possibly one or two other people from Apple will be there
<OedipusWrecked> mjs: registration open until the 19th
DanC: shall I notify observers? or shall we wait a week? let's wait a week; registration doesn't close 'till 19th
ChrisW: go ahead if you wanna do it sooner
<Chris> mjs - travel (particularly hotels) are getting tight, if you haven't already set it up.
<Chris> (I registered for hotel today, and it was between a $79/night room and a $550/night room)
<Chris> (and it was 2mi away)
<mjs> Chris, will deal w/ it soon
ChrisW: Dan, you and I should
refine the agenda a bit.
... I'm flying in Monday PM
ChrisW: I'm making progress on related stuff...
DanC: we can survive 'till the TPAC with our present issue tracking chaos, I guess
<scribe> ACTION: ChrisW to start setting up a team to triage issues [WITHDRAWN] [recorded in http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20071012]
ChrisW: yes, I'm working with the
IE team on our review...
... I'll have some stuff sent out prior to the ftf meeting.
discussion of multimedia elements, IP/charter issues...
<OedipusWrecked> ben millard has a proposed data table presentation
<OedipusWrecked> i pinged him (since he mentioned me by name)
<DanC_> (if you have a pointer, bonus points)
<OedipusWrecked> B.M.'s Data Table: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Oct/0074.html
DanC: this seems lower priority than ARIA. I haven't talked with Al G. lately about table headers.
<Chris> Marc Silbey is our PF rep (or alternate, I can't remember)
<OedipusWrecked> ARIA is on front burner due to march to LC
ChrisW: the timing of ARIA is interesting.
<OedipusWrecked> PFWG is still working on and monitoring native HTML5 discussions
<scribe> ACTION: ChrisW discuss XHTML name coordination with XHTML 2 WG in the Hypertext CG [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20071012]
ChrisW: next HTCG telcon is when?
DanC: tomorrow. early.
<OedipusWrecked> GJR: big impediment to advancing ARIA -- mime-type and namespacing issues; struggle between other, larger, groups
ChrisW: the mime type is related...
DanC: but narrowly, it's just the name.
<OedipusWrecked> Task Force Report (3 parts): 1. first steps: organizational suggestion/proposal (27 September 2007)
<OedipusWrecked> plan: 1) gain "official" access to a wiki in W3C space (suggested Forms wiki); 2) convene prior to the technical plenary in at least one teleconference; 3) discuss opportunities to meet and work during technical plenary week; 4) begin actually using the list that was expressly created for our use to coordinate all of the above.
<OedipusWrecked> 2. Anne van Kesteren: a charter proposal:
<OedipusWrecked> 3. Chris Lilley's Request to Gain the TF web access:
<OedipusWrecked> positive reactions to charter, want to meet by phone if possible before TPAC
<OedipusWrecked> CL msg 3 october
<DanC_> hmm. that's more than a day or two.
<OedipusWrecked> for a week it looked like we were going to get out of neutral
<mjs> I'm around
<mjs> since we all seem to mostly like our draft charter, I'd love to get it approved soon
<OedipusWrecked> me, too -- danC will raise at HTCG
<mjs> and then discuss how to begin work based on the charter
<OedipusWrecked> amen, brother
<OedipusWrecked> mjs: do you think discussion on how to begin work should happen in a telecon?
<mjs> OedipusWrecked: yes
<mjs> I think we should have a telecon soon to formally adopt the charter and then discuss how to proceed
<Chris> yes, I agree.
<OedipusWrecked> mjs: we need to get our staff contact straightened out -- ChrisL asked sysreq for action on 3 october, but still no news
<OedipusWrecked> DanC, to whom should the forms task force address issues like getting bridge time?
<Chris> Agenda items concluded, so we're closing the call
<Chris> I think ChrisL is still the appropriate person, Oedipus, but Dan can kick sysreq too.
<DanC_> OedipusWrecked, see http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/TeleconferenceHowTo in the collaborator's guide. http://www.w3.org/Guide/
<OedipusWrecked> danC: ok -- thanks
<DanC_> actually, for teleconferences, the message goes to adminreq
<OedipusWrecked> ok -- this is good to know
<DanC_> it sounds like a 15 minute walk thru of the collaborator's guide might help the TF.
<DanC_> that is: a walk thru with one or two TF members
<OedipusWrecked> DanC, it would help alot - either setting up a time for 2 of us or so to talk to you, or you giving us 15 minutes of your time at our first telecon
<DanC_> I'd rather not get involved in the TF telcon scheduling
<DanC_> I can call you now if you like. I have 10 minutes or so
<OedipusWrecked> ok, i have to find my phone, first
<Chris> Dan, do you want to call back in?