See also: IRC log
<Harvey> So I quit IRC and rejoined
<scribe> scribenick: jack
<shawn> Overall reactions:
Shawn: who has had a chance to look at them and overall reaction
Andrew: the documents seem like they are focused on a technical audience. We need something that brings in others like project managers
Justin: Not sure what I was suppose to bring away. It has a very defined audience. Make it clear who it is for and what the take aways are. May need a parallel set of documents
Wayne: Agrees with the idea of paralled documents
Shawn: Do they have to be documents or can the information delivered in other ways such as podcasts, etc.
Justin: Who is the audience?
Sharron: Agrees with Wayne that we need other documents for other defined audiences
Judy: To the degree we can minimize effort by making sure that explanatory stuff and perhaps having a couple of levels in a document
Wayne: My general problem is that these documents focus on details on how to use advance application rather tlike ATS;shan what Rich Applications are about
<Harvey> 1.617.761.6200 gives me only request to join IRC
Shawn: Let's talk about who the audience for the overview documents
Sharon: Developers are one audience
Andrew: Policy makers, technical developer, project managers, etc. Should be as broad as possible and include everyone
Shawn: She and Sharon will write
up who is the audience
... Should the focus be on introducing issues?
Wayne: The first paragraph talks about the WAI ARIA suite. It needs an introduction to the concept of ARIA.
<shawn> ACTION: Sharron & Shawn start requirements/analysis doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/05-eo-minutes.html#action01]
<shawn> ACTION: Sharron & Shawn pass at making the OVerview introduce ARIA, accessibility issues in RIA [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/05-eo-minutes.html#action02]
Shawn: Let's look at the next section: WAI-ARIA Suite
Justin: No precise term that describes what problem or issue we are trying to focuss on solving. Perhaps an example of what we are trying to do
Shawn: what terms do people use?
Wayne: Technically it is not clear. Are orther areas included such as server side technologies, etc.
Shawn: We need to clarify. Examples?
Justin: Pictures would help
Shawn: Other ideas?
<shawn> ACTION: S&S make it clear who ARIA is for [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/05-eo-minutes.html#action03]
Sharon: I think many of us are still trying to understand the content and then try to understand how to share it with differenct audiennces
Wayne: who is the audience for the ARIA suite
<shawn> Add you the Attributes to make your Applications Accessible
Justin: Wish we could we say more clearly what it is. Add these attributes to make your application accessible
Wayne: This may be a framework to
how you add attributes to make your application
... This is about an architecture beyond just some attributes
... A framework of techniques for developing rich internet applications that will support accessibility
... Araia is A framework of techniques for developing rich internet applications that will support accessibility
... Understanding ARIA involves having a mental model as well as a group of techniques
Shawn: Let's look at what is in the WAI ARIA suite.
Andrew: Will the suite continue to evolve?
Wayne: The subjects are parsed correctly, but the details of the documents themselves are abstract
Justin: Would there be a way to section off which part of things apply to which audiences?
Shawn: What if there was two sections - best practices for documents for the first section, section section for technical developers
<shawn> ACTION: S&S put headings like "Best Practices for Developers" first, then Other docs for Others :/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/05-eo-minutes.html#action04]
All: Discuss what is meant by gap analysis
Justin: How does this relate to the other documents and other groups?
Shawn: Probably should point to FAQ
Wayne: Should make it clear what dynamic applications and rich internet applications mean. What do we want to include and what we want to exclude.
Sharon: What should be excluded?
Wayne: Dynamic web content - stuff pulled out from a server
<shawn> 3 Quick/Short tings to fix right away:
Shawn: If we did an interim version what are the things we would fix right a way
<shawn> who this is for above the fold, ver clear
Wayne: need to elevator pitch
Justin: Who this is for
Wayne: More explanation about the WAI ARIA roadmap should be clarified
Shawn: Talks about publishing
plans working group of ARIA documents
... Big FAQ. Split the FAQ into two - basic and technical. What goes into the FAQ rather than what goes into the FAQ.
... Should we mention that there implementations already
<shawn> ACTION: S&S look at risks & benefits of mentioning that tehre already are implementations... [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/05-eo-minutes.html#action05]
Wayne: Should we talk about the risks and benefits of doing ARIA.
Shawn: Which of these sections of the ARIA documents people have read and are ready to discuss today
Justin: Only if others are ready, otherwise not really
Wayne: Agrees with Justin
Judy: clarifies the different terms, WAI ARIA, ARIA, etc.
<shawn> ACTION: Sharron put in requirements/analysis Note, the useage of WAI-ARIA and ARIA (per Justin's email) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/05-eo-minutes.html#action06]
Terms are not as clear for a reader as needed. Confusing at times
<shawn> ARIAS = WAI-ARIA Suite
Shawn: ... Other comments about other documents for future discussions
Wayne: On the rules for rich semantic interet applications. Tables need tittles
Shawn: Wayne would you be willing submit comment to editor?
Wayne: will do
<shawn> dropped ... dialing...
<shawn> ACTION: Look at outreach venues along with Best Practices publication (ALA, cool kids say using it, etc.) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/05-eo-minutes.html#action07]
Shawn: Anything on FAQ?
... Perhaps split into 2 as noted above
Justin: will this become a W3C thing?
Shawn: Yes over time
... would others be willing to do help with various tasks (Sharon voluntered to be editor on overview)
<Sylvie> bye, I need to leave!
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128 of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/Sharon/Sharron/ Succeeded: s/ who this is for/ who this is for above the fold, ver clear/ Found ScribeNick: jack Inferring Scribes: jack WARNING: No "Present: ... " found! Possibly Present: All Andrew Andrew_Arch Bingham Harvey Jack Judy Justin LC Liam Sharon Sharron Shawn Sylvia Sylvie Wayne Wayne_Dick aaaa aabb scribenick You can indicate people for the Present list like this: <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary <dbooth> Present+ amy WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Got date from IRC log name: 5 Oct 2007 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2007/10/05-eo-minutes.html People with action items: look s sharron WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]