20 Jul 2007


See also: IRC log


Wayne_Dick, doyle, Loughborough, Shadi, Sharron, Helle_Bjarno_(first_part), Shawn, Liam_McGee, Judy, Sylvie_Duchateau
[scribe_pull_from_EOWG_mailing_list, archived_online]




<shawn> zaxkim , code?

<shawn> scribe: Liam

<shawn> and minutes with people's name & a colon, like: Judy: laa, laa, laa

potential update for WCAG2 FAQ

<shawn> http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/wcag2faq-draft#update1

Shawn: request comments on what's there vs what's needed

Suggest stating that all commentors will get a reply sent to them

Shawn: may be difficult to make it flow but will try

<shawn> ACTION: shawn, to faq update: mention the commenters will get a reply [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/20-eo-minutes.html#action01]

wayne: agrees

Shawn: This is part of the answer to When will WCAG 2.0 be done?

What is the current status of WCAG 2.0?

Judy: check that this is clear for general readers
... this is currently a double question
... is that still working well?

William: suggest splitting it into two


Sharron: split it.

William: link to Update July 2007 goes to wrong place

Suggest n comments from m people

Judy: in second sentence suggest add 'and which they have already addressed' to demonstrate progress

Shawn: only part way through, not 'done' done.

Justin: people may write it off as never going to happen if there is no sense of when it is going to finish.

<Zakim> shawn, you wanted to say regular updates

WCAG 2.0 Presentation

<shadi> [for editors' disrection, I propose "WCAG Working Group had a series of intensive worksessions ..."]

General approbation for providing primarily for presenters, secondarily as self study

?Wayne?: Split out WAI-ARIA from authoring tools

Judy: suggest explicitly point the presenter to updated status info

Shawn: will try to do it so that it's relevant throughout the draft process (so that it's more likely to get translated)

suggest adding in dissemination methods to the approach e.g. email personal contacts, home page highlight, button-hole key opinion leaders at conferences.

shawn: note that if any owrking group member is doing a presentation, it can be promoted via the W3C Talks promotion W3C.

<shawn> http://www.w3.org/Talks/

keep css in the file, not as separate file.

shawn shows rough concept draft

<Zakim> shadi, you wanted to ask about animations and effects

shadi: suggest keep simple - no fnacy effects

shawn: already intend to do this

<shadi> [for the record, I do think some effects has a visual appeal but sadly also adds more complications on many angles]

Suggest including frequently asked post presentation questions

Shawn: lots of text on the slides vs. slides just as visual triggers and text in notes?

<judy> ---- out-of-sequence-rebuild-of-recent-discussion ----

Shadi: concerned that it' relying on too high a degree of skill from presenter

<judy> Shadi: looking at slide 31, an example of where very tied to Shawn's presentation style

<judy> Shawn: yes i'd be changing the format of that, didn't get that far yet

Wayne: experience is that teachers with lots of text on slides are evaluated less well than teachers who animate their discussion with what they are saying

<Wayne> Power points with lots of information are not well recieved in general. This is shown in our teaching evaluations. Briefer slides with and animated presenter is received best.

<judy> Wayne: noticed that presenters with less detail on their slides get better reviews

<judy> Sharron: yes i've noticed the same thing about presenters & detail on slides

Sharron: concern about less experienced presenters

<shawn> Jack: .. more cluttered slides make it hard, trying to read & listen...

shawn: these would be provided in the html

<Wayne> Do we need a "how to use the slides" page with possibly a captioned pod cast of Shawn.

Shadi agrees with Wayne. Liam agrees with Wayne

<shadi> Jack agrees with Wayne, everyone probably does

Low text slides are more effective in transmitting information

Shadi: more linear, less complex slides better

<Sylvie> Bye, I have to leave

<shawn> liam -- on phone w/ Justin still. minuting instructions at http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2003/template.html

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: shawn, to faq update: mention the commenters will get a reply [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/20-eo-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007/07/25 20:21:42 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128  of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/via a feed from the/via the W3C Talks promotion/
Succeeded: s/Justin/Wayne/
Found Scribe: Liam
Inferring ScribeNick: Liam
Default Present: Wayne_Dick, doyle, +1.512.305.aaaa, Loughborough, Shadi, Sharron, Helle_Bjarno, Shawn, Liam_McGee, Judy, Sylvie_Duchateau\Tanguy_Loh�ac, Jack, Sylvie_Duchateau, Justin, Bingham
Present: Wayne_Dick doyle Loughborough Shadi Sharron Helle_Bjarno_(first_part) Shawn Liam_McGee Judy Sylvie_Duchateau
Regrets: [scribe_pull_from_EOWG_mailing_list archived_online]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/2007JulSep/0011.html
Got date from IRC log name: 20 Jul 2007
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2007/07/20-eo-minutes.html
People with action items: shawn

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.
[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]