See also: IRC log
<AllanJ> title: UAWG telecon
<AllanJ> scribe: JR
<scribe> Scribe: JR
CL: Announcement that IBM
changing Accessibility focus...
... Not going to work on infrastructure any more...
... Will focus on accessibility of programs etc. running on top of platform...
... Plus ARIA, etc.
... Most stuff will still be out there.
... In short term will remain in UAAG
... WAI would like to see some harmonization between TEITAC and WAI recs
... WCAG harmony is going ahead but uaag is somewhat behind some other work so we may end up borrowing from that
JA: Thought lots about
... Went back and looked at AG's comments and Web Components doc.
... Maybe Al has a point...
... Seems like we have to define user agent then define roles off of that.
... User agent sits in the middle but also sits on top of the AT and operating system
... Went back to thinking about model-view-controller idea
CL: Another picture that CL and
Rich presented at CSUN...
... Still need to send it out...
... 1.5 MB for whole PPT...
... Will drop in the one slide
... Clarification: It's IBM's linux focus that's changing, not IBM's approach in general
JA: User agent can be a platform on a platform...
KF: Have been browsing the Web on my cellphone, very different base assumptions.
JA: We have tried to think about other user agents but haven't always kept that focus.
KF: Frustrated that some easy
things in desktop are hard on cell phone.
... Brings up where dividing line should be between user agent and AT.
JA: Noticing same type of
dividing line issue remains betewwn user agent things vs web
... Should we work on designing principles or just jump right into the work.
CL: Sometmes do need to work low
down before understanding higher level.
... Had hard time seeing requirments fitting into the 4 guideline scheme
... Static web, vs web app also complicates
... Keyboard nav much more comple in ARIA apps...
JA: OK so where are we...
... Went through all requirments once...
... Did map to TEITAC
... DId map to older WCAG 2.0
... Programmatically determined...All about responsibility of Wb author.
CL: UAAG will eventually help them make list...
JA: Whole Robust part of WCAG
... So some chunks already one
CL: Had conversation with Andi
... Sent her the new UAAG requirements doc, plus proposal for JR...
... But if still not sure of TOC, maybe still not ready to start.
JR: Suggest we update the
... First and then think about the TOC in parallel
CL: But first we need to review new WCAG 2.0 for next week.
JA: Let's start doing this on the
... e.g. start with GL 1...
JR: OK - we need to start an Editor's draft.
JA: What about a wiki.
All: Good idea.
<scribe> ACTION: JR to Contact WCAG-GL about how to set up Wiki. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-ua-minutes.html#action01]
<AllanJ> w3 siki http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/TableAccessibility
JA: There is a W3 wiki
JA: Have contacted but no
... But once we start wiki and get more traffic going, it should help
... Tries logging in.
... Seems ok
... Any other tools need?
<scribe> ACTION: JA, JR to Set up wiki space for the group. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-ua-minutes.html#action02]
JA: Send WCAG comments to the list over the coming week
<scribe> ACTION: All to WCAG comments for next call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-ua-minutes.html#action03]
Action JA JR: Set up wiki space for the group.
<scribe> ACTION: JA, JR Set up wiki space for the group. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-ua-minutes.html#action04]
<scribe> ACTION: KF to Will look at Perceivavle and Operable. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-ua-minutes.html#action05]
<scribe> ACTION: JA, JR Polish up requirements document. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-ua-minutes.html#action06]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128 of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found Scribe: JR Inferring ScribeNick: JR Found Scribe: JR Inferring ScribeNick: JR Default Present: allanj, KFord, JR, cklaws Present: allanj KFord JR cklaws WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2007AprJun/0051.html Got date from IRC log name: 7 Jun 2007 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-ua-minutes.html People with action items: all ja jr kf WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]