See also: IRC log
JA: WCAG response...
... Changed programmatically perceivable defn
<scribe> Scribe: JR
JA: So both of our comments were accepted.
JA: Were actualy submitted by JA
JA: BIggest change is NO
... UAAG still not mentionned much
JA: Looking for what they call it
... Can't find but has been substantially changed.
... So good to review...
JR: Will do a full review for ATAG and UAAG.
CL: CL or PP should take the Robust principle.
<scribe> ACTION: PP to Review Perceivable principle. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/31-ua-minutes.html#action01]
<scribe> ACTION: CL to Review Operable and Robust principles. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/31-ua-minutes.html#action02]
<scribe> ACTION: JA to Review Understandable principle. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/31-ua-minutes.html#action03]
<scribe> ACTION: JR to Review all principles. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/31-ua-minutes.html#action04]
JR: GV said to look at:1) the list of key issues and changes at
2) the Quick Reference at
JA: Also I would sugget looking at the "Understanding doc"
JA: Let's have it done by the 14th? or 21st?
<scribe> ACTION: All to The deadline for doing the WCAG2 review is June 21. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/31-ua-minutes.html#action05]
JA< CL: Lots of discussion in HTML group etc.
JA: Headers and IDs well used by ATs
<AllanJ> CL: Headers and ID are used in the DOM and accessibility APIs
JA: Patrick may be joing this group
JA, CL: Will work to gether to get feedback to Al Gilman.
CL: It's still being worked on via DOM...but in future through Accessibility APIs
JA: We've had this for 10 years
CL: Heuristics work ok for simple tables, but complex tables need this.
JA: PF meeting on wednesday
CL: Need quotes from ATs that
they are using it.
... Screen readers trying to move all of this from DOM to the accessibility APIs
JA: Will send something to
JA: We should have something
going by then.
... Would be good meet jointly with compound_docs, api, html, pf
CL: Maybe HTML direction will be
... Can't commit yet
PP: Also can't commit
JR: AUWG will meet as well so need to coord on days so I can do both
CL: Usually WG mtgs mon, tues, thurs, fri
JA: Other groups to meet with?
CL: Need ARIA input from PF.
JA: Some PF update coming soon
JA: Pinged KF about his.
<AllanJ> CL: SWGA perspective is different from UAAG perspaective
JR, CL: The existing mappings have diff perspective than us.
<AllanJ> JR: user needs are end user specific,
<AllanJ> ...how do you caption a light, or add video description
<AllanJ> CL: added additional comments
<AllanJ> JA: will send compiled comments and mappings to Judy
CL: Lots of the user needs
... So many were NAs
<AllanJ> JR: UAAG missing simultaneous action ...
<AllanJ> ... multiple keystrokes - we handle through sticky keys from the OS
<AllanJ> CL: UAAG says respect OS accessibility conventions
JR: Labelled those things implicit or good to include.
<AllanJ> JR: UAAG doesn't have information in color in the UI chrome
CL: Also felt sometimes we had a whole guideline but not a particular CP.
JA: COuld be via OS.
<AllanJ> JR: UAAG don't have two error sounds that are the same
<AllanJ> CL: could be techniques
PP: Also found some things that didn't apply.
CL: Some terminilogy that was hard to decode.
PP: 13.10 - cues for help with
... Prob not much that this could apply to.
JA: Will go on list.
JR: Sorry can't help much.
<scribe> ACTION: JA to Will compile all mappings (pls ping JR if help needed). [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/31-ua-minutes.html#action06]
<scribe> ACTION: JA to Will share TEITAC mapping with UAAG. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/31-ua-minutes.html#action07]
(with the group)
CL: Please put on UA space.
JR: OK some other docs are there.
JR: My stuff is still not done.
CL: Sent some comments - still having trouble getting head around perceivable understandable breakdown.
<AllanJ> CL: with AT what is 'perceivable'
<AllanJ> JR: perceivable means you can get some signal through some senses
<AllanJ> CL: there are too many overlaps between perceivable and understandable.
<AllanJ> CL: UAAG should not parrot WCAG, should have a rationalle
<AllanJ> CL: perceivable is closely related to understandable, why separate them
<AllanJ> JR: so, need an alt that is understandable/meaningful but also available to the user.
JA: Out of time...
... For next week...
... What do you think about "chrome" vs content display?
CL: Was ok.
JA: For next week...will continue
... Make pass at dumping them into the two sections.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128 of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found Scribe: JR Inferring ScribeNick: JR Default Present: allanj, parente, JR, [IBM] Present: allanj parente JR [IBM] WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Got date from IRC log name: 31 May 2007 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2007/05/31-ua-minutes.html People with action items: all cl ja jr pp WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]