<whenry> Check out the big brain on Zakim ;-)
<Yakov> 1.617.630.aabb is Yakov
<scribe> scribe: Ashok
Abbie will scribe next week tentatively
Minutes of telcon on 2/21 approved.
Next mtg 3/7. Paul will chair.
f2f on March 13-15. Please register asap.
Mtg in Ottawa im May. July mtg in Dublin
Asir: What are the details of the interop?
interop testing adjacent in another room
prasad: is there a plan re. when testing on which round occurs when
chris: we have not set a schedule for the
... round 1 nd 2 you can do on yr own
... some done on site
... most of the interop will be round 3 ... this will be the focus
... MS and IBM have published endpoints. Hope others will do the same.
prasad: will the testing folks need 3 days?
asir: at last interop it took 3 days
... took some time to set up
<prasad> What set-up is needed? May be I need to know the details?
asir: then 2 days of testing... so, yes, it will take 3 days
<prasad> So that we can have our IT be prepared for it
asir: we need a static IP address ... same address for 3 days
prasad: we need to discuss ... perhaps offline
<cferris> ACTION: Chris to add agenda item related to interp preparation/set-up
<trackbot> Created ACTION-236 - Add agenda item related to interp preparation/set-up [on Christopher Ferris - due 2007-03-07].
prasad: chris, please add agent item on this for next week
asir: do the to have to register for the meeting?
chris: that would be nice
... if there are non-WG members among the testers then we have to be careful what we discuss from a IP POV
<asir> Chris, thank you for patiently answering all my questions!
<cferris> acl pra
chris: anyone who will be present in Sunnyvale
... done with interop testing?
maryann: DaveO is not here. Perhaps Frederick could report.
Frederick: There is not much to report.
<asir> there were two items
chris: the CR did go out today ... thanks to editors especially
<cferris> ACTION: Felix to update public home page with interop scenario link
<trackbot> Created ACTION-237 - Update public home page with interop scenario link [on Felix Sasaki - due 2007-03-07].
asir: ask chairs to link to interop on public home page
<prasad> There was also a question on who maintains the interop test results table?
asir: ask chairs to delegate collection of interop testing results to testing team
<cferris> ACTION: Paul and Chris to discuss how to collect and maintain interop results (e.g. who does this)
<trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Paul
<trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. pknight, pcotton2)
<prasad> May be this one also should go into the agenda items I requested earlier
<cferris> ACTION: PaulC and Chris to discuss how to collect and maintain interop results (e.g. who does this)
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - PaulC
<asir> ACTION: Pcotton2 and Chris to discuss how to collect and maintain interop results (e.g. who does this)
<trackbot> Created ACTION-238 - And Chris to discuss how to collect and maintain interop results (e.g. who does this) [on Paul Cotton - due 2007-03-07].
213 -- still open
225 - done
226 - done
227 - pending
228 - done
229 - done
230 - done
231 - done (Tom did it)
232 - chris: partially done... talked w/Bob. Sat in on WS-A call on Monday. There is progress
233 - done
234 - chris, forward yr note to WG. Mark it done.
chris: pl. look at the test cases
asir: a description wd help
... we had some emaild discussion. Some need more work
prasad: let's accept those that have no suggested changes.
a) XML ID - asir -- needs a bit more work
chris, can you move forward?
asir: I have a lot on my plate. I can help someone else
no one volunteers
asir: i'll take it
<cferris> ACTION: Asir to work on xml:id, refactoring wsu:id test cases and update scenarios accordingly
<trackbot> Created ACTION-239 - Work on xml:id, refactoring wsu:id test cases and update scenarios accordingly [on Asir Vedamuthu - due 2007-03-07].
asir: i will change wsu:id to xml:id
chris: just put the changes on the archive
b) XML Base
asir: ready for acceptance
<asir> link is at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0107.html
c) Policy MIME type
asir: looks good. we can add to round 4. Need some explanatory text
d) UDDI scenario -- link is bad
prasad, I got several +1s
asir: great piece of work ... i have some minor comments ... there are many testcases, can we have unique names. ... also, pl use example.com policies ... should be integrate with other document or have 2 documents ... recommends 2 documents
<umit> good catch, Prasad
prasad: on the CR, ignorable requires 2 interops, others have 4
chris: the others requiring 2 are in the attachment spec
e) External Attchment for WSDl 1.1
I had sent out the question, Asir also wants the answers
asir: we require test cases for feature 22 and
... can you provide test cases for 2.0 also
I can try
<cferris> ACTION: Ashok to provide feature 22 (wsdl2.0) test cases using wsdl2.0 documents in the round 3 scenarios
<trackbot> Created ACTION-240 - Provide feature 22 (wsdl2.0) test cases using wsdl2.0 documents in the round 3 scenarios [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2007-03-07].
Chris: I had a discussion with WS-A folks... they will probably
Tom: One remaining issue needs discussion. Sent to the WGs.
<cferris> ACTION: Tom to copy wsp wg with his concrete proposal from the ws-a wg on resolving the LC issue
<trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Tom
<trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. trutt, tjordahl)
fabian: Tom's note talks abt prohibiting behavior. WS-Policy does not prohibit behaviour
Tom: This is what needs discission
Chris: Let's take to e-mail
Tom: Send to both lists
<umit> In my recollection of the task force, there was general agreement that understanding an assertion that has nesting, you would assume that you would understand the dependent behaviors
b) Call for Impls
Chris: we are in CR,,, congratulations
... Note on WSDL 1.1 Identifiers ... let's defer till Dave is here
TOPIC CR interop scenarios and testing
<asir> ACTION: Chris to prepare test cases for feature 43 -- Negative testing.
<trackbot> Created ACTION-241 - Prepare test cases for feature 43 - Negative testing [on Christopher Ferris - due 2007-03-07].
asir: We missed an item under 6 -- external attachment testcases need expected outcomes
Explains how external attachment testing works
<asir> ACTION: Ashok to provide expected outcome docs for Feature 23 test cases
<trackbot> Created ACTION-242 - Provide expected outcome docs for Feature 23 test cases [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2007-03-07].
Chris: Back to item 10
... Defer till Felix is here.
... IBM and MS have published their endpoints
... Msgs 71 snd 72
prasad: is publishing endpoints required for W3C process
Chris: Not required
prasad: the rounds that are completed in March are not
chris: no, test may be rerun. new people may join, etc.
TOPIC CR Issues
We refer to earlier version of Security Policy. Latest version has some changed assertions.
umit: testbed uses latest version... docs refer to earlier version
tony: we do not have a public version of
... there is still not a public version of security policy. we now have a CR version
<abbie> easy guys
<abbie> yes, plus we have no knives
<umit> it is simple, I could not open an issue against the test cases
are the cameras rolling?
<umit> when I posted the bug
<abbie> yes, drama TV
chris: can we wait until there is a public
... it's a non-normative reference
Umit: I wd like this issue to be recorded against the testcases
asir: many of us are confused abt what issues Umit is talking abt
umit: there are 2 issues ... content of some assertions have changed ... there is also an issue on which reference to use
Symon: Security Policy is using old version of WS-Policy
asir: I thought they took a reference to the CR version of policy, Tony?
Asir: Symon, please check
monica: first, the framework has an example and a namespace. second, the link in the test cases says 2005 but goes to the 2006 version.
<asir> Monica: that is consistent with the artifacts that I found at the WS-SX TC
<asir> Symon, please check with the actual docs on the WS-SX TC archive
chris: security policy now refers to both
versions of WS-Policy
... we are testing WS-Policy not security policy. So, it's not an issue.
... can we decide, when we go to PR, to refer to the latest public version of security policy?
... If folks agree, we can close this issue.
asir: we shd give action to umit to check the examples
Umit: when we change the namespace we can change the examples
asir: someone needs to do some homework
chris: examples are non-normative
Maryann: You can assign a standing action to the editors
asir: I will volunteer to track changes to the examples. There is no rush.
<cferris> ACTION: Asir to produce a list of change areas in the framework and attachments specs related to a change in the reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the latest available published committee draft
<trackbot> Created ACTION-243 - Produce a list of change areas in the framework and attachments specs related to a change in the reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the latest available published committee draft [on Asir Vedamuthu - due 2007-03-07].
Action shd be due in a month ... not next week
Asir: Shd cover primer and guidelines also
Chris: Now to address the testcase ... I think
we need a separate bug
... Umit do you have a ptr to the testcase that is using the old assertion?
<asir> Round 3 test case is http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/Round3/WSDL11/Round3.wsdl
Chris: so, Umit, you don't have a problem with the testcases as written?
Chris: I would like to adjourn. Remainder of agenda next week.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128 of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: Mirc_Text_Format (score 0.96) Succeeded: s/charis/chris/ Succeeded: s/may/many/ Succeeded: s/charis/chris/ Succeeded: s/remaing/remaining/ Found Scribe: Ashok Inferring ScribeNick: Ashok Found Scribe: Ashok Inferring ScribeNick: Ashok Present: Maryann Charlton_Barreto Mark_Temple-Raston Symon Chris_Ferris Abbie_Barbir Mark_Little Fabian Prasad_Yendluri Dale Arnaud Sergey_Beryozkin Frederick_Hirsch m2 Ashok_Malhotra whenry asir Tom_Rutt Umit Dan WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth WARNING: No date found! Assuming today. (Hint: Specify the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.) Or specify the date like this: <dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002 People with action items: ashok asir chris felix paul paulc pcotton2 tom WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option. WARNING: IRC log location not specified! (You can ignore this warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain a link to the original IRC log.)[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]