See also: IRC log
no additional agenda items
dom: recent release of xhtml mp
... good news, 200+ tests, nice starting point
... licensing still to be figured out
... volunteering for xhtml mp ts
<dom> ACTION: till to review the WCSS test suite [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-minutes.html#action01]
<dom> ACTION: Carmelo to send his multi-test suite cataloguing system to the mailing list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action06]
<dom> ACTION: Carmelo to run the DOM and CSS test suites on his phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action03]
<dom> ACTION: Dom to run DOM and CSS test suites on his phones [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action02]
<dom> ACTION: Till to run the CSS Test suite on his phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action04]
<dom> ACTION: Till to run the CSS Test suite on his phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]
dom: analysis of css test suite reveals some problems, use of big table
till: my analysis found that the quality of the tests isn't too bad - 60 or 70 /100 as a mark
<dom> ... we would have issues with fonts or color effects, e.g. some tests rely on having different fonts faces or sizes that are not always available
<dom> ... the float tests rely on wide screens, making some tests invalid on small screens
<dom> ... beside the big table, on some cases, there are means to navigate from one test to the other, which is nice
<dom> ... the links to spec is sometimes given, but not always
<dom> ... also, some tests involve invalid styles (invalid markup too?)
<dom> ... what is needed: make the tests consistent altogether, some review and corrections
<dom> ... and address coverage
<dom> ... We can send a request to the CSS WG to see if they are interested in reviews
<dom> ... and ask for cooperation
<dom> ACTION: Dom to get in touch with the CSS WG on cooperating on the test suite [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-minutes.html#action07]
dom: who would be interested in reviewing test cases?
<dom> ACTION: Carmelo to take a closer look at CSS for coverage [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action07]
till: of advantage when the test cases provide navigational means
alle1: system as framework for easy generation of test results
... absolutely needed to effective testing
alle1: wrapper to test pages to provide navigation
dom: yes, would make sense, but there is difficulty not to test the actual test
alle1: wrapper available?
<dom> ACTION: Allen to explore the possibility to have a wrapper for the test suites [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-minutes.html#action09]
alle1: use of frames/framesets possible?
till: use of frames/framesets should be avoided due to small screen size
dom: everybody please send further ideas to dom and the public mailing list
<dom> ACTION: Dom to get feedback on the open test suite on authoring practices from content developers [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action08] [ONGOING]
dom: proposal for survey sent out
alle1: looks fine
... how would survey outcome effect WG?
dom: many positive replies, do
... few positive replies means a rethinking
... ok, will sent the survey to appropriate people and mailing lists
dom: please provide me with further addresses asap, in particular mobile development community
<dom> ACTION: Dom to turn the list of work items into a roadmap with a schedule [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/25-mwts-minutes.html#action05] [DONE]
<dom> Roadmap of deliverables
dom: survey period longer as
... feed-back from internal review already there
internal means group-internal
dom: do we need more ua developers wrt feed-back, what they want, how they would use testsuites
dsilaev: some of our developers might be interested
dom: important work what we
already did, reviewing, commenting, etc.
... no additional comments on roadmap
... concerning framework, maybe the roadmap waas a bit too optimistic
... collecting tests, review them, classify them would be our main task
till: yes, postpone some of the items makes sense
... will update the roadmap wrt to some postponed items
dom: right now it doesn't make
sense to meet
... don't have enough material available, and we're not finished with our inital work, like review, etc.
till: do we have to pay attention to summer breaks?
dom: just need to ensure that we have enough participants, and enough work to be discussed
till, alle1,dsilaev: agreed
<dom> RESOLUTION: we will schedule our next F2F when the need arises - May F2F cancelled
dom: daylight saving time
problems on different continents
... either leave time as it is in us, or leave it for europeans
<dom> RESOLUTION: we will meet on the US (8am PT) time on March 13 and 20
dom: other issues?
dsilaev: are there other testsuites of interests?
dom: waiting for feed-back from
... thank you, then