See also: IRC log
<giovannit> re all
<JeffP> Hi Giovanni
<giovannit> Christian is not here today.. he regrets of being having a jolly great time on vacation in spain
<scribe> Scribe: raphael
<scribe> ScribeNick: raphael
<giovannit> (cheering crowd noieses at each name) :-)
<giovannit> sorry i am so new at these telecons i findit all very exciting (still?)
<mhausenblas> hi there ...
zakim +30231046aaaa is Stamatia
<mhausenblas> zakim this is mhausenblas
<mhausenblas> woh is here
<mhausenblas> who is here
<mhausenblas> zakim who is here
<pasquale> hi all, ciao ;-)
<pasquale> hi raphael
<giovannit> me and w3c conference system dont get along too well
<giovannit> or its skype
you're only on IRC giovani ?
<giovannit> i am joining
<giovannit> thanks to the operator
<franz> hi, its me, thomas (franz is my last name)
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 20 July 2006 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html ACCEPTED
Agenda amendments: talk about the 2 deliverables
Agenda amendments: date for the 2nd F2F
PROPOSED next telecon 14 September 2006 ACCEPTED
<JeffP> Jeff: I will be travelling on Sept 14, but I think Raphael can manage
Issue, the document "Image annotation on the Semantic
<VassilisT> Hi all
should be finished by Sept 1st
<pasquale> hi Vassilis
<VassilisT> I will follow the meeting only by irc unfirtunatelly
<JeffP> Hi Vassilis, are you going to join the phone as well?
<anadiotis> hi Vassili
<giovannit> is the SWBP group closing sept 1 then?
<giovannit> is it continuing somehow?
<scribe> ACTION: Yannis to report back to the group about the outcome of the [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
MPEG7 liason attempts after a visit of ITI in Austria [recorded in
<giovannit> jeff , very interesting indeed! any pointer?
<JeffP> giovannit, it is not online yet, will send to the mailing list soon
<JeffP> it is about RDFS(FA), just for the record
Music Use Case:
Giovani: how to identify tracks,
... Marie is listening a song and would like to find "similar" songs
Identifying files using MD5 ? MPEG-7 low level features ?
Michael: separate the MPEG-7 (profile) and RDF representations
<scribe> ACTION: Thierry to write up limitations of MPEG-7 description schemes [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
<giovannit> yes, lirics! i keep forgetting them sorry :-(
Thierry, not the good place. It is a more general problem
Thierry: current work for aligning audio and text in music
Giovani: include lyrics
<mhausenblas> update to music use case /me talking about http://www.chiariglione.org/mpeg/standards/mpeg-7/mpeg-7.htm#E12E5
ID3 tags in RDF ?
Tagging Use Case:
george: EU project mentioned by Thomas (TAGORA ?)
thomas, can you write name, URL of this project ?
Focus on interoperability issue
Susanne: strong relationship with this use case with the use case "Semantics from Multimedia Authoring"
News Use case:
Problems: many standards are used
Low level feature extraction Use case
<mhausenblas> am I still muted?
<IoannisPratikakis> there is a question whether the two cases will be fused
you were too noisy
Bio-medical Image Use Case
Melli: no RDF representation of
... interoperability for describing the content of the images
though correspondance between medical ontologies
MESH, SNOMED, etc.
<mhausenblas> thanks raphael, i'll try to breath more quiet ;)
Semantics from Multimedia Authoring use case:
linked the 2 use cases explicitely
MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case
Various way to express the same thing in MPEG-7
Michael will work on it also
Stamatia: yes we can provide some
<giovannit> as far as audio is concerned we addressed the syntactic problems with the mpeg-7audioDB, which basically normalizes different descriptionsions (at least tries to)
Proposal for F2F number 2: 8-9 of December ?
<cgi-irc> I need to leave - thanks all. - Melli
<giovannit> sorry got disconnected
Jeff: ALL use the mailling list and the wiki
<mhausenblas> ok bye ... see U all @ 2006/09/14
<scribe> ACTION: ALL to update their wiki pages [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
<pasquale> hi all, bye
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127 of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found Scribe: raphael Inferring ScribeNick: raphael Found ScribeNick: raphael Default Present: Stamatia, mhausenblas, raphael, Thomas, JeffP, Giovanni, GeorgeAnadiotis, Melli, Thierry, SusanneBoll Present: Stamatia mhausenblas raphael Thomas JeffP Giovanni GeorgeAnadiotis Melli Thierry SusanneBoll Regrets: Jacco Chris Patrizia_Asirelli Massimo_Martinelli Ovidio_Salvetti Got date from IRC log name: 31 Aug 2006 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html People with action items: all thierry yannis[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]