See also: IRC log
<scribe> scribe: DanC
Vipul Kashyap is excused
<ryager> I may need to leave in half hour.
<harryh> ryager: that's fine!
RESOLUTION: to accept http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Aug/0145.html as a true record
<harryh> Rachel, Are you okay with scribing?
PROPOSED: to meet 11:00am-12:30 ET Boston Time Wed 6 Sep, and weekly thereafter at 11am Boston time
scribe for 6 Sep is ryager
<scribe> ACTION: Ian to discuss using meeting-scheduling for the primer [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action01]
briansuda: I've been working on
the hreview/guitar details... haven't found much real hreview
data, but I expect to be able to work around that
... I have a draft in progress... how to share...?
harryh: just mail a pointer or copy to the mailing list
harryh: do you think we can get a primer done in Sep?
briansuda: depends... I'm not aware of an aggregator; building one would be tricky
DanC: well, the xmlarmyknife service will aggregate real-time, if you give it the URIs
briansuda: well, does that match the use case?
DanC: well, just start with whatever works.
<scribe> ACTION: BrianS to discuss using guitar-buying for the primer [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action02]
harryh: I read it, and I like it
DanC: I like what I've read in detail; I skimmed some parts. The W3C/Digital library case doesn't motivate GRDDL so much; I haven't found inspiration to contribute.
FabienGandon: note that isn't just the W3C /TR/ case; it's got 2 others merged in (querying )
<ryager> I'm leaving now...
ryager: I intend to copyedit a draft; let me know exactly which draft, ok?
harryh: how about taking the W3C-specific stuff out of use case #4?
FabienGandon: well, OK, but I'd prefer to integrate real experience from someone else.
I'm inclined to withdraw, since I need to catch up on testing work
DanC: one approach is to say "here's what the W3C does with RDF and /TR/; here's how it could be better with GRDDL"
<harryh> ACTION: Harry to review digital library use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action03]
<scribe> ACTION: Fabien to review/reconsider digital library use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action04]
harryh: so we still need an XML Schema use case...?
DanC: I think the clinical data
use case covers XML Schema; another one would be nice, but not
essential for 1st release.
... there are two cases Ben and I have discussed... I think it's ok to defer them to later drafts...
<scribe> ACTION: FabienGandon to note that "Plus: ... " part of scheduling use case #1 needs work, and ask Ben for help whenever he becomes availble and drop it from the draft, meanwhile [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action05]
<harryh> Chime is going to talk to danja
<harryh> to make sure Xforms use case works well with Atom, but otherwise he's happy
poll: what to do between now and pub?
Harry: I think the digial lib use case needs work, and then it's ready
<chimezie> FabienGandon (off topic) but *how* do you create those diagrams? :)
<harryh> ACTION: Ryager to read draft thoroughly [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action06]
DanC: I'd like to make a decision maybe next week, after having somebody read it top-to-bottom this week
FabienGandon: we need an
... need help with seealso applications
<chimezie> pointers to 'see also'
<harryh> 2 more diagrams
FabienGandon: need help from BenA.
Harry: we don't need seealso pointers if there aren't apps
FabienGandon: the seealso
pointers are brand new; I need to let people know.
... feels like we're 2 weeks from shipping, to me
briansuda: looks pretty good; I'd
like to go over it one time...
... in the review use case, there's some talk of switching to hotels from guitars; I don't know if the primer has to exactly match...
Chime: need to check with danja about atomol, [missed], diagram for clinical data use case
Harry: Dan, last week you were interested in an XML/XML-schema primer?
DanC: yes, 2 audiences for primer
stuff: microformats, XML/schema data
... Chime, does the clinical data have namespace pointers?
Chime: yes... mostly HL7. Not URIs that cleveland clinic owns.
Harry: so this looks desireable, but I don't see commitment in the form of immediate action. ok to skip XML/schema it for 1st draft primer?
<scribe> ACTION: DanC to enumerate options for base issue, pick one, and propose it in the form of a test case [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action07]
Danc: options include: (a) no
specific mechanism, just use relative URIs in and out
... (b) use the XSLT 2 base-something() function
... (c) use a GRDDL-specified Base param
... (a1) use xml:base and/or <base href="..." /> in the instance
Brian: hmm... consider the case of the tidy service... relative URIs might not get the right treatment there
Chime: there's also the RSS case that Dom mentioned; I dind't completely understand...
DanC: I think the norm in the RSS world is to have absolute URIs in <link> elements
poll... preferred option
Chime: let's stick to existing XSLT 1 mechanisms. (a)
Brian: I'm currently relying on (c) in the case that (a) isn't enough
FabienGandon: we're currently using a parameter in combination with base
DanC: I have a mild preference for no new mechanism (a), but I'm not sure yet.
FabienGandon: ah... I see the issue around stanrdizing the parameter name now... I think I prefer that GRDDL doesn't specify a new mechanism.
Harry: I don't want the parameter
to override xml:base.
... and since xslt2 alreayd standadizes a base uri function, we should mention that.
DanC: I think I'll make a test case with the xslt2 function too.
<scribe> ACTION: Harry to propose minimum set of transformation formats that must be supported by grddl processors. [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action08]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Aug/0112.html GRDDL and transformations (take 2)
Harry: in sum: SHOULD support XSTL 1; MAY support others.
PROPOSED: to address [#issue-whichlangs] as per the current draft (1.83 2006/08/25 20:23:09). SHOULD support XSLT 1; MAY support others.
Chime: <?xml-stylesheet ?> introduces some ambiguity...
DanC: yes... we should be clear on that [I'll probably add a new issue]
<scribe> ACTION: DanC to add issue for relationship to <?xml-stylesheet ?> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action09]
<harryh> Harry: We need to add the media type story to GRDDL spec
<scribe> ACTION: Harry to draft some elaboration on how media types work with GRDDL [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action10]
<harryh> ACTION: Harry to write a few sentences on media type draft and run by DanC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action11]
RESOLUTION: to address [#issue-whichlangs] as per the current draft (1.83 2006/08/25 20:23:09). SHOULD support XSLT 1; MAY support others.
[scribe got too involved in the discussion]
<scribe> ACTION: BenA to flesh out HTML RDF/A output of GRDDL use cases [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action12]
agenda points to http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/grddl/ ...
scribe: I'm editing http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec
<scribe> ACTION: Chime to suggest which conformance labels, if any, the GRDDL spec should include [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action13]
<scribe> ACTION:Harry to discuss with BenA and DanC the XML Schema use-case in context of Creative Commons and OAI. See clarification from DanC. [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action14]
<scribe> ACTION:Danja to discuss wiki usecase, query usecase, and e-learning usecase [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action15]
yeah... rephrase "how a GRDDL client interacts with a document whose root element is an XSLT literal result element" to include xinclude
<harryh> \away off to dinner