See also: IRC log
<JeffP> hi raphael
<giovannit> 1,2,3 in the place to be
<JeffP> Hi giovannit
<giovannit> hi Jeff :-)
<JeffP> giovannit, I hope we can sort out the wiki issue soon
<giovannit> I am impressed by the apparent complexity of it all :-)
<raphael> Hi Giovanni
<raphael> Scribe: Jacco, Raphael
<raphael> ScribeNick: raphael, jrvosse
<raphael> zakim Vassilis.a is Yannis
<raphael> zakim [UMD] is Crhis
<giovannit> zakim mute me
<christian> hello there
<christian> could someone remind me which is thecode to enter the teleconf?
<vasileios> hi, this is vasileios and stamatia from ITI Thessaloniki
<anadiotis> hello all, i have some technical issues with the phone connection, and i don't know when/if i'll be able to join you by phone, but i'm here
<Massimo> hi All
<IoannisPratikakis> hello, from IIT / NCSR"Demokritos", Athens, Greece
<raphael> PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 22 June 2006 telecon:
<raphael> PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 10-11 July 2006 F2F meeting:
<raphael> PROPOSED next telecon 31 August 2006
<jrvosse> Comments on working draft, Jeff and Massimo have sent comments, these have been addressed
<giovannit> yup .. its not something you can comment that quickly i think
<jrvosse> Jeff: It is really important, please have a look
<jrvosse> Melli: it is on my todo list for next week
<jrvosse> Still important to get comments as soon as possible
<vassilisT> there is big echo
<jrvosse> Jeff: Liasons are important
<jrvosse> Rapael: this also depends on the use cases
<vassilisT> jacco what is going on?
<giovannit> so its anediotis :-)
<giovannit> busted.. ;-)
<giovannit> yup and I would have in fact started..
<jrvosse> Raphael: We should also put the resource pages on the wiki
<jrvosse> Rapael: Giovanni volunteered, are there any others?
<jrvosse> not much work, just maintain on basis of input of others
<jrvosse> Raphael explains Resource, Tools and Vocabularies to Susanne
<christian> Of course I voulunteered automatically along with giovanni :-)
<jrvosse> Yannis about MPEG7 liason
<jrvosse> There is a MPEG this week in Austria, colleague of yannis is visiting this and talk to people for liason work
<jrvosse> action for Yannis to report back to the group about the outcome of the MPEG7 liason attempts
<jrvosse> ACTION: Yannis to report back to the group about the outcome of the MPEG7 liason attempts [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
<jrvosse> Jeff explains about the WIKI pages being about work in progress
<raphael> Music Use Case
<raphael> ACTION: iovanni to coordinate write up of a use case on music [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
<raphael> DONE, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Jul/0036.html
<jrvosse> ACTION: Giovanni to coordinate write up of a use case on music: CONTINUED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
<raphael> ACTION: Patrizia to find pointer to the Vienna tool (music use case): DONE [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
<raphael> ACTION: Thierry to write up limitations of MPEG-7 description schemes: CONTINUED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]
<jrvosse> all, please comment on the use cases using the wiki pages directly
<jrvosse> Susanne: can new use cases still be added
<jrvosse> raphael: sure!
<raphael> Tagging Use Case
<raphael> ACTION: George to write up a use case around tagging: CONTINUED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
<giovannit> ar ethere URI for the use cases already?
<raphael> Giovanni: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tagging_Use_Case
<jrvosse> Susanne: there will be an paper on the ACM multimedia conference on averaging/harmonizing the ratings on images of different websites
<jrvosse> Susanne: this is just a first step, but having exchangable metadata would be the next
<jrvosse> Susanne: title should be something along the lines of "Media tagging"
<raphael> Susanne will join the effort on this use case
<raphael> News Use case:
<jrvosse> ACTION: Raphael to write up use case in the news domain: PENDING (waiting for IPTC green light) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
<raphael> Algorithm representation Use case:
<raphael> Massimo ?
<Massimo> (sorry for the phone)
<giovannit> i join Jacco in his request for more details about this use case
<raphael> massimo do you have comment on the use case ?
<jrvosse> massimo, I put a comment on the wiki, could you respond to that
<Massimo> i'm going to see it
<anadiotis> i agree with jacco too
<raphael> Low level feature extraction Use case:
<jrvosse> ACTION: Massimo to write up use case on analysis and reproducing: CONTINUED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
<giovannit> please someone who can create the wiki page :-)
<jrvosse> Vassilis: two contributions from ITI, one emphasising on the low level, the other on the bridge between the low and high level ones
<jrvosse> Raphael: Please note the W3C policies, do not attach unless necesarry, if you need to do so, please in HTML
<vasileios> actually, one contribution is from NCSR (Ioannis) and the other from ITI Thessaloniki (Vasileios)
<IoannisPratikakis> thanks, vasileios
<anadiotis> Raphael: is it possible to merge the 2 use cases?
<jrvosse> VasillisT: Maybe should continue to work like this, can merge later
<IoannisPratikakis> For the moment, I agree with VasillisT
<jrvosse> Ionnis: I think it would be good to merge these
<IoannisPratikakis> It's better that the current documents become more mature
<IoannisPratikakis> After a second round we merge them
<raphael> ACTION: Iioanis to write up use case showing the need for semantic interpretation of low level features (Ioannis and Vasileios, 2 documents): CONTINUED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
<raphael> Media Use case
<jrvosse> Raphael: how realistic is that we can get datasets for this use case?
<jrvosse> VassilisT: we have data from a national project and think it is feasible
<raphael> ACTION: Vassilis to continue the Media use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]
<jrvosse> Raphael: for everyone not at the f2f: feel free to join activity on existing use cases or add a new use case
<jrvosse> If you are not assigned to a use case yet, please speak up
<jrvosse> Chris: will read through the current use cases
<jrvosse> Melli: same for me
<jrvosse> raphael: yannis, what are your plans on the use case?
<Massimo> to help taking decisions
<raphael> zakim q-
<jrvosse> Yannis: I think the low level uses cases are covered, might think about a new one
<jrvosse> Jacco on medical use case, forgot that there was already a use case on the image annotation draft from SWBPD WG
<raphael> Actkion: Melli propose a use case on bio-medicale images
<raphael> ACTION: Melli propose a use case on bio-medicale images [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
<JeffP> 4. Future Metings:
<jrvosse> Susanne: will read through use cases and decide later
<Zakim> jrvosse, you wanted to speak on medical use case
<christian> At ISWC would be better for me and Giovanni
<jrvosse> Next f2f meeting: two proposals: athens greece, SAMT or athens georgia, at ISWC
<chalaschek> I also vote for ISWC
<jrvosse> Susanne: is ACM MM an option?
<jrvosse> Raphael: October is too early ...
<jrvosse> Chris: the two venues I checked only have a room for one day
<jrvosse> Raphael: most participants come from europe, only 2 from US. Also there are (too) many events already around ISWC
<jrvosse> Raphael: for the US particpants, is there any possibility you could make it to Europe?
<jrvosse> Melli & Chris: we could, just depends on budget issues, needto get improval first
<jrvosse> Yannis: On the 7th of December we have two rooms, on the 8th we have one extra room available
<jrvosse> Jeff, how big is this room?
<jrvosse> Yannis: smallest rooms are around 25, that should be sufficient
<IoannisPratikakis> Just consider that NCSR"Demokritos", could also host the f2f meeting
<jrvosse> Raphael: PROPOSAL: co-locate next f2f with SAMT in Athens, Greece.
<jrvosse> Yannis: network access might be a problem, we are currently negociating about wlan network access
<jrvosse> Yannis: it is in a hotel, we do not have everything under control
<jrvosse> Vassilis: we could do it just after samt, on the campus
<raphael> Vassilis: during SAMT or right after
<giovannit> sorry.. was away.. they're both fine. I'd rather @iswc though
<christian> I agree with giovanni, ISWC would be better but it ok anyway
<chalaschek> echo again
<raphael> massimo: SAMT ? or ISWC for the next F2F ?
<jrvosse> Raphael: PROPOSAL: co-locate next f2f with SAMT in Athens, Greece.
<jrvosse> Votes for SAMT: Raphael, Vassilis, Jacco, Vassileios, Susanne, George
<IoannisPratikakis> I also vote for SAMT
<Massimo> I also vote for SAMT
<jrvosse> Votes for ISWC: Giovanni, Chris
<alessio> same, i vote for SAMT
<jrvosse> Susanne: can the mail subjects be prefixed?
<raphael> ACTION: Jeff, Raphael to contact Yannis for the practical SAMT details [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
<jrvosse> ACTION: jeff and raphael to start discussion on email subject prefixes [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
<giovannit> by all! :-)
<christian> cioa a tutti
<Massimo> bye !
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127 of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found Scribe: Jacco, Raphael Found ScribeNick: raphael, jrvosse WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <raphael\,\ jrvosse> ... WARNING: 0 scribe lines found (out of 371 total lines.) Are you sure you specified a correct ScribeNick? Default Present: Vassilis, Raphael, JeffP, Giovanni, Chris, Yannis, Vasileios, Melli, [IPcaller], anadiotis, SusanneBoll Present: Raphael Vassilis Giovanni JeffP Yannis Chris Melli Vasileios Susanne Jacco Ioannis Stamatia Massimo_(IRC) Allessio_(IRC) Regrets: Ovidio Patrizia Pasquale Thierry Paul Stephan Thomas Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Jul/0022.html Got date from IRC log name: 20 Jul 2006 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html People with action items: george giovanni iioanis iovanni jeff massimo melli raphael thierry vassilis yannis[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]