UAWG Teleconference 27 April 2006

27 Apr 2006

See also: IRC log


Jim_Allan, Jan_Richards, Peter_Parente, [IBM]




<jallan> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Apr/thread.html#msg70

Hi Jim - just got your msg...everything ok?...I assume we're still meeting in 15 mins.

<jallan> yes we are ok

<scribe> Scribe: JR

Review revision 2 UAAG - WCAG correlation table. http://www.tsbvi.edu/technology/uawg/wcag2b.htm

JA: Has just been looking at Christopher and JR's messages
... Mostly agreed with JR, down to WCAG 2.2.1 item

<jallan> http://www.tsbvi.edu/technology/uawg/wcag2b.html

JA: Going through JR's email....

2.2.1 item: agree with JR email

2.2.2 item: agree to rem 11.5 and add 4.5

JA: Explains the reason for this exercise - to come up with input on WCAG last call

Lev3 SC for GL2.2: agree to rem 11.5, add 3.5 for 2.2.5 as "Shared"

JA: Bring 6.5 to the top under "general". Keep 6.6 under 2.5.1
... 2.5.2: Bring 6.5 to the top under "general". Keep 6.6.

CL: Emphasis is on engineered access to accessibility and away from DOM.
... On Linux trying to move DOM stuff to accessibility API for documents

PP: MSAA not veryextensible, but Linux access API is much more extensible.

JA: Add 4.1.1 add 6.1 and 6.3

both as "Supports"

JA: Don't put 10.6 as "support" for 3.2.1 and 3.2.5
... There almost 3 docs inside uaag...

1. application interface, 2. rendered content interface, 3. speech interface

CL: Very hard for browser to conform to uaag without speech component or speech AT

<scribe> ACTION: JA to Make changes agreed on call. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/27-ua-minutes.html#action01]

JA: Next week we will pick up references to WCAG 1.0 in guidelines and techs
... Also there has been up work in styles group involving images that we will look at.
... Will also look into what would be required for a v1.1 of guidelines

Jim, I'll close up?

<jallan> I got it


<jallan> [IBM] is C_Laws

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: JA to Make changes agreed on call. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/04/27-ua-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2006/04/27 19:10:13 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127  of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: JR
Inferring ScribeNick: JR
Default Present: Jim_Allan, Jan_Richards, Peter_Parente, [IBM]
Present: Jim_Allan Jan_Richards Peter_Parente [IBM]

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 27 Apr 2006
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2006/04/27-ua-minutes.html
People with action items: ja

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]