See also: IRC log
<tbaker> Previous: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html
<antoine> ??P11 is TomB
<tbaker> Scribe: uldis
<tbaker> Scribenick: uldis
<marcia> * my Internet connection may be off during the meeting. it is not stable. Have 3G backup then.
<digikim_> code not valid...
<antoine> @digikim: 55394?
<tbaker> with a pound sign at the end?
<digikim_> tbaker: 55394# is not valid...
<tbaker> phone or skype?
<digikim_> skype, calling boston number
digikim_: the code works for me on skype, also calling the US number
<digikim_> uldis: strange
<jodi> I didn't have problems via skype, but who knows...
<jodi> I've had that experience, too, Karen
<tbaker> we're wondering if there is a problem with the phone bridge and suggest you try again
<tbaker> ...i.e., start over
RESOLUTION: To accept http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html
<emma> Minutes ++ :_)
<digikim_> (the two first times the bridge did not say "please enter your ... code" -- on the third time it did, perhaps that is related to the problem? but everything is ok now.) :)
tbaker: assuming charter is going
to be extended to Aug 31.
... put schedule of telcos for these months on the plan
tbaker: updated the draft report
on the wiki
... to reflect the proper links and section headings.
... action on Kim to updated the transcluded version.
... with the exception for the Section on available vocabs & data sets
<jodi> digikim_: Tom is asking whether it's difficult to update the transcluded version (i.e. is it ok to do this twice, later)?
tbaker: if Kim could post a link to the list to the transcluded version
digikim_: will post a link in a few days
RESOLUTION: Section owners to try to be ready for reviewers next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html#action01]
<scribe> ACTION: Digikim to update the transcluded version of the report by Wed Apr 13 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/04/07-lld-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES] [CONTINUES] [CONTINUES]
<scribe> ACTION: Section owners to try to be ready for reviewers next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html#action01] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Chairs to send an email on the list to ask people to be ready [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]
tbaker: let's move to the 1st
section of the report
... sent an email to list asking for lightweight reviews, to be done over the coming week
... where someone from outside the group working on the section looks at the section
... if there are any issues, controversial, missing content
... just need a few coments. be ready to do that by the next week's call
<jodi> scope is very short so it's a good one to volunteer for! :)
tbaker: scope section
... any volunteers?
tbaker: actually, everyone should
look at this section
... to see if are consistent with other sections, etc.
<Zakim> ww, you wanted to comment on controversy
tbaker: doesn't mean we don't
want controversial things in the report
... but point out if there are controversial things in the report
<edsu> +1 for everyone
<jodi> +1 for everyone
<jeff_> +1 everyone
<antoine> but someone has to send an email!
<jodi> I can send that email
<scribe> ACTION: everyone to read http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits#.22Library_Linked_Data.22:_Scope_of_this_report and do lightweight review [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action04]
tbaker: need to make sure the entire group has read the report. but in the first stage we need just some basic feedback.
antoine: need to appoint someone to send the email
jodi: scope is different from other sections in that all need to review, and someone needs to post an email re that
<marcia> suggest to refer to the explanations of these basic concepts, in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabulary_and_Dataset#Introduction:_Scope_and_Definitions
<tbaker> ACTION: Jodi to send email about Scope statement [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action05]
tbaker: next: Benefits section
emma: updated to take into account the comments sent to the list
<edsu> emma++ # thanks
emma: also editing re benefits to
students, organizations, etc.
... section re benefits for developers is still raw, needs work
... also for benefits re linked data (perhaps also needs benefits for using OWL, SKOS, ...)
tbaker: currently there is a
placeholder (re making it library specific) which we can remove
<kcoyle> i'm not sure we have the right people on the call
<antoine> I can do it...
emma: this is a short section too
<marcia> I can do for "Benefits to Researchers, Students and Patrons " part
<scribe> ACTION: Tom to ask Hideaki or Dickson to review http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action06]
<emma> yes done !!
<edsu> done, imho
<scribe> ACTION: edsu, emma, rsinger to create narrative text and add to bullet-points [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action05] [DONE]
tbaker: Next: Available
Vocabularies and Datasets
... planned as a separate deliverable
... but also planned ot include a short section in the report, summarizing this deliverable
antoine: that's still the
... but deliverable not done yet
... could have a reviewer who could look at it starting from next Monday
antoine: by next Monday should have the section as well
<antoine> is that ok with you, Marcia, Jeff, William?
tbaker: looking for a reviewer for this section (on Tuesday) and say a few words on the next call
<ww> ok with me
<marcia> * yes
<edsu> i will do it
<marcia> *I was going to ask Ed to do it!
<edsu> marcia: :-D
<scribe> ACTION: Ed to review http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section next Tuesday for discussion on Thursday [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action08]
tbaker: Next: Relevant technologies
jeff_: web services part has been added
tbaker: can remove the tasks from the running agenda
<kcoyle> I can do that
tbaker: volunteers for review?
<scribe> ACTION: Karen to review http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technologies for next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action09]
IMPLEMENTATION CHALLENGES AND BARRIERS TO ADOPTION
... an ongoing action
... action continues
<scribe> ACTION: Gordon and Karen to consider relation between problems and limitation section and the library resource wiki page. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/24-lld-minutes.html#action01]
<antoine> I can do it
<scribe> ACTION: Antoine to review http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page for next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action11]
tbaker: Next: RECOMMENDATIONS AND
... key part of the report
<jodi> "the recommendations will be tweeted" ;)
<jeff_> I can do that
tbaker: really important to get it right
<antoine> +1 ww: suggests everyone looks at that
<digikim_> +1 ww
<jodi> +1 ww
shall i post this as action to Jeff or to everyone?
<antoine> but perhaps a couple of weeks later :-)
<jodi> well, we need such a section, but we'd need someone to write it
scribe: re curriculum section that could be canceled if not done
<jodi> he became interim chair of his department, I think, so unexpectedly busy
<jodi> +1 to antoine
<scribe> ACTION: Jeff to review http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page for next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action12]
tbaker: action re asking about curriculum issues
<scribe> ACTION: Tom to ask Dickson and Guenther if they could contribute curriculum issues to the Recommendations Section [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action13]
tbaker: an action to review the deliverable
tbaker: asks if Ed would look at the deliverable as well
antoine: re a deliverable and a summary of it in the report
<marcia> *Ed: a list of vocabularies
antoine: thought it is one review
action for both things together
... texts overlap
edsu: i can do that
antoine: deliverable still not finished yet.
tbaker: Next: USE CASES
... Daniel working on summarizing the use cases
... still work to be done
... reviewer needed, to look at the structure, summaries, give some comments
... great work already done
... need a volunteer
<scribe> ACTION: Jodi to review http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport for next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action14]
<jodi> well, sending an email is easy
<jodi> so this is the substantial one
<jodi> so we can expect an update soon
antoine: re the review of the use cases, Daniel wrote he will send something today
<jodi> thanks, Antoine, I'll wait a few days
antoine: best if Jodi waits 1-2 days before starting reviewing or asks Daniel what's the status
tbaker: end of agenda for today
<digikim_> quick first draft of the updated transcluded page: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion
tbaker: anything else to
... need to finish by August
... need to get the text out to a wider circle to people
... we should ask people who are not on telcos and ask if they'd review specific sections when they're more polished
... should also advertise report sections and look for more feedback
... some will be at the LOD-LAM summit (June 2,3) -- a chance to discuss and get feedback
... at some point will transfer text from wiki to HTML
kcoyle: re the LOD-LAM summit --
we need to get wide attention on this report during the review
... important both to get feedback and to get buy-in
kcoyle: what is out strategy?
<jodi> +1 to substantial invited review
kcoyle: to ask particular people and organizations to review and comments?
tbaker: proposal to have more targeted list re who reviews
<marcia> me too
<jodi> doing a session -- it's an unconference
tbaker: 5 people from the call will be there
kcoyle: will be a BarCampy kind of event
<digikim_> ISWC and DC should also be used for dissemination
kcoyle: one session could be re
working on the recommendations
... re strategy: will we solicit comments from organizations such as LoC, the British Library? from the individuals?
edsu: should ask for comments from people we don't know. but also want to ask specific people too.
kcoyle: from technical point of view -- should be easy to comment on particular sections
<jodi> +1 to making it easy to comment
kcoyle: there was some software / webapp that makes it easy
<jodi> commentpress, for instance
kcoyle: where can upload the document and comment by the side of the document
+1 easy commenting
<antoine> I'm a bit skeptical...
<digikim_> Google docs does that too...
reminds how php.net allows to comment on the documentation (though at a webpage, not section level)
<antoine> There was a JISC document like that?
tbaker: suggestions how to this
<emma> sure !
<antoine> (I'm not chairing next call, though...)
<digikim_> (you wish...) ;)
<scribe> ACTION: Antoine and Emmanuelle to talk about strategies for getting comments at next call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action15]
tbaker: meeting finished
<ww> bye all
anyone going to SemTech?