See also: IRC log
<shawn> zakim this will be eowg
<Harvey> Good Day
<Andrew> me is away for a few minutes
<shawn> scribenick: achuter
<shawn> scribe: Alan
SH: Bert Bos has volunteered to work on CSS for site redesign.
HB: Usability Accessibility workshop in Boston area
Organized by Bentley College. AARP American Association of Retired Persons, sponsor
JB: No draft ready to review
... Were a few change requests.
WL: Would make it more inclusive,
include other people than designers.
... Show that audience is not just technical people.
HB: Include users with disabilities
SH: Can have primary and secondary audience (said JB) but mustn't make it exclusive
JB: Could be a reference for a user with disability (?)
SAZ: Have decided to use a subset
of checkpoints, to reduce effort.
... Audience would be advocacy people, more than designers.
JB: Think that there are still web designers who think accessible design is boring; want to reach them.
SAZ: So examples will be beginner-level technically; not example of best practices.
WD: Need to include advocates and stakeholders in list. Where designers, evaluators, should add caveat little experience required.
WL: Include regulators.
JT: Example for converts and material for those who are still seeking.
BM: Also can be an educational resource.
SAZ: Have primary and secondary
... We want to include a realtime input system like a poll, so people can see the accessible and the non-A versions change.
[JB updates the audience section online]
JB: There should be simple things like alt text.
AA: Many people don't know about forms and tables.
SAZ: Shouldn't address web designers too much, as there will only be one site; can't do everything.
WD: Web designers that need to
see pages that work in A and non-A modes.
... That they can look good both ways.
JB: Move on to "Approach"
... Move on to "Scope".
... What to call it: bad/good or before/after.
HB: "Improving bad sites"
AA: Like JB's idea of "Web accessibility makeover"
SD, Jargon.Difficult to translate
AC: Difficult to translate
SH: Somethign other than before and after.
JB: "Transforming your site for accessibility"
<judy> [transforming your site for accessibility]?
<barry> I have to leave now - apologies...
<judy> thx for coming
WL: Metadocument for both (transforming, ?) Not a how-to document.
... Link the bad page to the evaluation report and then to the good page.
... Link to individual barriers.
... Thinking of making it look like a normal page, but using the text to describe the accessibility barriers.
WD: How invalid will the code be?
SAZ: Depends what we want to
show. Like how it can display wrongly in different
... Have discussed when to use HTML and when XHTML.
WD: Do the bad one in XHTML too. Doesn't force you to be accessible.
JB: Some people might reject example if they can't upgrade to XHTML.
SAZ: Better to keep to currently used technologies rather than the most advanced.
[Before / After Taskforce Work statement]
<Justin> scribenick: Justin
<scribe> scribe: Justin
DS: The name is getting in the way of what the group is trying to accomplish.
SLH: We can replace in the statement the acronym with "the task force."
JB: the participation section -
is a lil tricky because the members don't have to be members of
... They have to Join EO according to the patent policy process
AA: someone would have to put in 10 hrs?
JB: They could join the group and not be in good standing and join the TF
JB: TF participants must be
participants of EO
... 6 hrs too much?
... 2 months
AA: We need ppl that are good in web development
HB: We don't expect anyone individual to work with all those skills
JB: Just dropped back the
WD: Would you want some of my style sheets running them against your pages?
SAZ: Sounds good
JB: I'll make some tweaks and then we can consider it approved.
JB: What about OZEWai co-location
dec 5-6, dec 12-13
SLH: Most likely dec 12-13
... ozewai is 7,8,9...there would be a weekend break.
JB: Would be able to get about 12 of our participants in good standing there.
HB: What about a teleconf running concurrently for those that can't be there in person?
JB: I think that's a good idea
AA: Plan out the agenda really well so that the topics that are desirable can be at good times.
HBJ: Works for me
DS: I'd take advantage of the phone call conf. in.
WD: Looks good....wouldn't be able to do both that and tech plenary
JB: This maybe the last time the
W3C does a tech plenary does something of this form.
... at tech plenary we have always gotten a lot done.
SLH: does one take away from the other?
JB: Maybe we need another WBS
form to be more specific.
... We had been looking at a location in Germany for a BPE...Helle has offered copenhagen where Helle would host.
SLH: We are resolving a lot of the open issues. Launch is coming soon.
SLH: What do people see? Any issues?
HB: the bridge image, bridge to what?
SLH: that is an open issue....we were going to put in the css...might roll out with it as is...is that ok?
AA: We will get criticized for not following our own guidelines.
SLH: It is an open issue
WL: Linking the points in the What WAI does box?
SLH: We decided against that to encourage people to use the Nav.
JB: probably an after release
... shawn has been doing a lot of work on this release.
<judy> ...and so has justin
JB: Anybody see anything alarming?
SLH: What do people think?
AA: I like the tighter circle but i can settle with this one.
JB: Shows WAI moving forward.
SLH: Different people have seen different things.
WL: Where is participating?
SLH: It is under about WAI
JB: Get it moved up?
SLH: It is a before rollout plan.
ill clean up the minutes this week....alan took it last week
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.126 of Date: 2005/05/16 16:49:48 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/HJB/HBJ/ Found ScribeNick: achuter Found Scribe: Alan Found ScribeNick: Justin Found Scribe: Justin Inferring ScribeNick: Justin Scribes: Alan, Justin ScribeNicks: achuter, Justin Default Present: Bingham, Doyle_Saylor, Loughborough, Helle_Bjarno, Justin, Shawn, Shadi, Andrew, Judy, Barry, Alan, Wayne, Tanguy, sylvie Present: Bingham Doyle_Saylor Loughborough Helle_Bjarno Justin Shawn Shadi Andrew Judy Barry Alan Wayne Tanguy sylvie Regrets: Sailesh Liam Chuck Pasquale Henk Ron Roberto Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/2005AprJun/0197.html Got date from IRC log name: 1 Jul 2005 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2005/07/01-eo-minutes.html People with action items: WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]