XSLT 2.0: Fundamental changes
- Enhanced data-model
- Nodeset is generalized: welcome sequence of items (node or atomic value)
- Result tree fragment are generalized: welcome temporary tree
- Result tree fragment was read-only
- Type-system based on XML Schema
- More types: date and time.
- Numeric matches now the decimal, integer, double or float
- Types are "optional"
- Basic XSLT processor: almost the same as XSLT 1.0 with some
additionnal built-in types
- All built-in types defined in XML Schema (plus few more)
- Template can be typed and validated at runtime