Web Services Coordination Group call
8 Jun 2004


See also: IRC log


MSM, Jonathan_Marsh, MChapman, Steve, Hugo, Carine


Approve minutes

Last meeting's minutes approved

Schedules update

Martin: we have picked the dates for the October meeting: 28-30 September

<scribe> ACTION: Hugo to update WSCG calendar

Review action items

<scribe> ACTION: chairs to send pointers to their WGs about reviewing I18N documents [PENDING]

Jonathan has done it already

<scribe> ACTION: [DONE] Hugo to update the WSCG calendar with WS Chor details

<scribe> ACTION: CG to ping Addison about progress and rechartering [IN PROGRESS]

(this is a recurring action item)

Group reports

-- Choreography

Steve: a lot of work has been done on the issues list, and we're now looking for champions for each category
... we should have champions tonight
... we are working on 3 big use cases, 2 business ones, and one on twist which is from the financial world

Hugo: how many categories do you have?

Martin: we have 9 major categories
... we have some volunteers already
... we have some critical dependencies on certain individuals that we need to find back ups for

-- Description

Jonathan: making slow progress on our remaining issues
... 18 issues were just added, but their scope is getting smaller
... Struggling to get people to take on issues
... we have new members, so we should have more manpower
... we are having joint conversations with XMLP about XOP and MTOM
... we do have a set of issues that are coming up on XML 1.1 support, and most of them are related to Schemas inability to describe it
... we could make our schema normative for XML 1.0 but not for other versions, but that's not ideal

-- Protocol

David's not online


See http://www.w3.org/2004/06/08-ws-cg-irc#T17-22-12


<SRT> http://www.daml.org/services/swsa/swsa-requirements.html

Carine: there has been discussion around the SWS architecture requirements document
... however, the discussion quickly died
... somebody pointed out that the Web architecture wasn't used
... I have sent email to SWSI people (Benjamin Grosof and Katia Sycara) but haven't heard anything back
... I am not sure there has been a link between my emails and theirs in the mailing list
... maybe we should revive the discussion in the mailing list by sending a more moderated answer from the Web services point of view

<SRT> http://www.fla.fujitsu.com/newsarticle.asp?navid=464&newsid=429

See http://www.w3.org/2004/06/08-ws-cg-irc#T17-42-08

Steve: Fujitsu has done some work related to semantics and Web services
... let's see what the discussion will be in 2 weeks' time

Upcoming JTC 1 Web Services Study Group meeting

Hugo summarizes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-cg/2004Jun/0001.html

Jonathan: I haven't heard any cases where the W3C brand is not strong enough

MSM: there is an ISO HTML

Jonathan: it seems like a lot of work and it could be confusing

Martin: we would like to see W3C request PAS status in order to make sure that the barrier of entry is right for all of the organizations
... the way JTC 1 works, it's the organization which get weighted with the PAS status
... with my chair hat, I think that W3C having PAS status would make it easier for us to then send say WS-CDL 1.0 as an ISO standard later on

Update on proposals

See http://www.w3.org/2004/06/08-ws-cg-irc#T17-57-26

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Hugo to update WSCG calendar [recorded in
[NEW] ACTION: MSM to send out proposal for schema errata [recorded in
[PENDING] ACTION: CG to ping Addison about progress and rechartering
  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/06/08-ws-cg-irc#T17-10-38]
[PENDING] ACTION: chairs to send pointers to their WGs about reviewing I18N
  documents [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/06/08-ws-cg-irc#T17-09-06]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl 1.81 (CVS log)
$Date: 2004/06/08 18:20:58 $