XPath 2.0 and the Data Model
- Built on top of a data model describing the results of parsing an XML document and (optionally) applying Schema Validation, in terms of the XML Information Set.
- A separate spec says how to serialise instances of the data model back into XML, HTML or text.
- Data model instances can be virtual for efficient query processing.
- The Schema type information reduces the need to convert to and from strings,
and provides some error checking.
- You can select nodes based on Schema type (e.g. all headings are pink)