Semantic Annotations for WSDL WG teleconference

27 Feb 2007


See also: IRC log




approval of minutes

<JacekK> last minutes: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20070220

Jacekk: approval of mintues requested

minutes got approved

Action Item Review

<scribe> ACTION: Eric to upgrade the SPDL page for SAWSDL readers and then work things out with the Usage Guide [PENDING] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20070227#action01]


Jacekk: please send implementations by email, not only chat
... Expecting TAG's response to question about moving WSDL operation safety to SAWSDL
... no preferences from tag on where to specify safety annotation
... now it is up to WSDL group telco next thursday
... will inform WG about news on this

Namespace change to /ns/sawsdl ?

see: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2007Feb/0022

jacekk: suggests to follow WSDL namespace i.e. /ns/sawsdl

joel: is it now w3c approach to not include birthday year anymore?

jacekk: approach is fairly new... so don't really know
... so the proposal remains to adopt when going to next stage (proposed rec)

joel: should we change draft before?

jacekk: yeap
... testcases stay the same for now

RESOLUTION: we will change our namespace to follow the form of WSDL 2.0 namespace

Implementation status

jacekk: going to add wsdl 1.1 test cases
... anything on the woden front?

ajith: probably have somethin in 1.5 week
... wsdl 1.1 parser is about ready, but need some time for documentation etc.

jacekk: deri part will not be as soon but try not to break schedule
... any news from IBM?

joel: not sure when it is sheduled but will do it, will report again next week

CR Issue 6: propagation of annotations

jacekk: summarizes result of last telco
... laurent suggests to drop propagation

joel: wsdl does not make any statement about the issue and since we have a counter example it seems reasonable to let them not propogate (for the interfaces)

jacekk: does anybody object this proposal?

Amit: suggest to wait one more meeting

jacekk: do you expect new insights?

Amit: not sure but just a chance.

jacekk: ok close it for today
... for the moment it seems that the group leans towards dropping propagation of model references between interfaces
... what about the schemas?
... model reference and schema mapping should the propagation be in the component model?

tomasV: how is it in WSDL?

jacekk: it is differently done
... sometimes they do sometimes not
... they only propagate defaults nothing else

joel: choice is not changing behaviour, but just the way parsers will be implemented.

WG tends to propagate schema annotation

jacekk: proposal should be to alter spec text to include component model propagation

RESOLUTION: on schema components, we will propagate our annotations in the component model

jacekk: this does not close CR issue 6 yet, waiting for the part about interfaces

Future of the Working Group

amit: suggests to include precondition/effects

jacekk: you mean a hook or a concrete representation?

amit: probably hooks, not sure, how would you do this, then?

jacekk: suggest to take this to email discussion and bring up a more concrete proposal

<john_ajith_jon> we have thought of a way to do this through ws-policy

<john_ajith_jon> but we could also be using model references

jacekk: brings up the idea of repeating a workshop as the one 2 years ago in IBK

old workshop info: http://www.w3.org/2005/01/ws-swsf-cfp.html

<carlos> +1 to workshop

amit: could also be a sawsdl meeting with more open agenda?

caribou: if the group could come up with future steps would be more efficient then a (lengthy) workshop
... it is a bit about the WG which should voice their opinion
... the WG basically has the first right to suggest something

jacekk: takes suggestion about a workshop a bit back
... summarizes: preconds/effect anything else?

tomasV: extend also to some more use cases / ontologies?
... another thing to consider behavioural semantics?

jacekk: OK, anything and everything is encouraged to be posted
... AOB?

telco ends :)

Summary of Action Items

[PENDING] ACTION: Eric to upgrade the SPDL page for SAWSDL readers and then work things out with the Usage Guide [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20070227#action01]