See also: IRC log
<JacekK> scribe: BNS
EricP: I was contacted by SIOC people about SAWSDL, we could talk about it
<AmitSheth> what is SIOC?
<ericP> SIOC: Semantically-Interlinked Online Communities
JacekK: we will add that to the agenda
approval of minutes for SAWSDL telcon 2006/10/24 postponed to F2F meeting
<scribe> ACTION: EricP to add text gravy to his annotated Amazon WSDL and put it in Examples document [PENDING] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20061031#action01]
<scribe> ACTION: Eric to add SPDL annotations to our example WSDLs [PENDING] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20061031#action02]
<scribe> ACTION: EricP to get feedback from XMLCore about attrExtensions element [PENDING] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20061031#action03]
<scribe> ACTION: Jacek and Claudio to coordinate with Peter Matthews [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20061031#action04]
<scribe> ACTION: Editors to gather WSDL URIs and send them to Jack [PENDING] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20061031#action05]
<scribe> ACTION: Jacek to clarify with Jonathan Marsh his comment #4 [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20061031#action06]
Registration page is open till next week
Jacek has updated the logistics page
There will be demo from Amit, Rama and Marin
OASIS SEE TC would possibly be giving detaild review comments before F2F meeting
Next telcon is cancelled, also the telcon for 14th Nov is cancelled
<ericP> w3c accessibility folks are working on an ontology for HTTP headers/messages. i wonder if that could be extended to link to the WSDL mapping for RDF, allowing EARL assertions on web services
<laurenth> eric, can you point to an url for EARL?
sdaume: New member: Stefan Daume for Scapa Technologies Limited (Edinburgh), our business is performance management with our product the Scapa Test & Performance Platform
JacekK: stable copies of the documents are required to be ready before f2f meeting
... it would good to have them freezed by 7th Nov COB
... the ideas is that there should be no changes next week so we can have a stable document for discussion
JacekK: we may forbid it such that Attributes with the same namespace name and local name MUST NOT appear both on the attrExtensions element and on its parent element
RESOLUTION: "Attributes with the same namespace name and local name MUST NOT appear both on the attrExtensions element and on its parent element."
PeterM: talking about SeCSE project
... the use of semantics is on QoS
... the discussion on the standardization committee was that: whether to use Standard or not to use it
Amit: QoS is for better matching, QoS service ontologies are also available
Amit to check whether it would be possible for dialing in during F2F meeting, and send email to Jacek
<JacekK> ACTION: Jacek and Amit to coordinate dial-in facilities for f2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20061031#action07]
<JacekK> ACTION: EricP to reserve Zakim slot for 5 lines for our f2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20061031#action08]
<TomasV> SIOC is being developed in DERI Galway by John Breslin and Uldis Bojaris with supervision from Stefan Decker (http://sioc-project.org/)
<ericP> relevent RDF vocabs:
<ericP> EARL: describe accessibility of programs and web resources.
<ericP> identify testors, results, web resources, and HTTP messages
<ericP> example: http://www.w3.org/mid/20061002130321.GB5350@w3.org
<ericP> SIOC: Semanitally-interlinked Online Communities
<ericP> describe forums (blogs, message boards...)
<ericP> user, group, role, forum
<ericP> SADL: SPARQL service description language
<ericP> Q: do we want to guide SPARQL and SIOC users in using query/search services?
<ericP> would, i suppose, be an early adoptor, one that has moves semantic data which we could link to.
laurenth: are they using WSDL in SIOC?
ericP: they are using it for their subscription interface
<ericP> The sites typically publish web services interfaces for programmatic Search
<ericP> and Content Management services (typically SOAP and/or RESTian). These
<ericP> services may be generic in nature (standardized signatures covering input
<ericP> and output message formats) or service specific (where signatures are unique
<ericP> to specific offering a 'la current Web 2.0 API usage patterns.
JacekK: who is developing it and what kind of support is needed
ericP: it is a community effort
TomasV: it is funded by local projects but they are attracting community contribution
<JacekK> ACTION: TomasV to talk to SIOC people and find out if SAWSDL is usable there [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20061031#action09]