WS-Resource Access Working Group

03 Mar 2009


See also: IRC log


Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft Corp.
Bob Freund, Hitachi, Ltd.
Doug Davis, IBM
Fred Maciel, Hitachi, Ltd.
Geoff Bullen, Microsoft Corp.
Gilbert Pilz, Oracle Corp.
Jeff Mischkinsky, Oracle Corp.
Katy Warr, IBM
Li Li, Avaya Communications
Prasad Yendluri, Software AG
Sumeet Vij, Software AG
Tom Rutt, Fujitsu, Ltd.
Vikas Varma, Software AG
Yves Lafon, W3C/ERCIM
Ashok Malhotra, Oracle Corp.
Bob Natale, MITRE Corp.
Mark Little, Red Hat
Ranga Reddy Makireddy, CA
Sreedhara Narayanaswamy, CA
Wu Chou, Avaya Communications
Ashok Malhotra, Oracle Corp.
Tom Rutt, Fujitsu, Ltd.
Bob Freund, Hitachi, Ltd.
Fred Maciel


agenda bashing

added F2F attendance

added discussion of f2f agenda

minutes approval

<Bob> Geoff's comments re minutes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Mar/0009.html

On (1) Agreement to add Bob's comment. No requests for other comments.

<Bob> bob will add his comment concerning pointer to ws-ra homepage and mixed list

<dug> Bob asked several times and ways to see if people had any more

<dug> questions about either proposal and no one spoke up.

<asir> but we did not discuss IBM proposal last week

<Bob> Geoff described summary section of proposal. the chair asked if there were any questions concerning the proposal - "People can read" was one comment made.

<asir> i recall that both Geoff and I asked for more discussion of Geoff's proposal (particularly given variations in geoff's proposal

<gpilz1> me thinks he probably typed that in IRC

On (2), decided to use text above by Bob

Discussion on (3)

<Bob> geoff: voting on it is too soon, need more time to discuss. My proposal was only submitted yesterday and there were new comments on the mailing list about it as little as 10 minutes before the start of this call.

Text above accepted

Discussion on (4)

<dug> Bob asked if anyone's position would change with more discussions and

<dug> no one spoke up. This wasn't specific to Geoff's proposal but rather

<dug> to the issue itself.

<Bob> Will any more discussion change anybody's minds?

<dug> the vote was clear on which proposal we were voting on - I didn't hear any objection/confusion on that point.

<asir> That is not what we heard ..

Bob will add his recollection of his statement

Aproval of minutes defered until corrections done


F2F: 11 people attending in person

F2F in November? Need decision in meeting next week.

<dug> SoTD note: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Mar/0000.html

First working draft comments: received comment that front matter not clear what

is the purpose of document

<Geoff> bob's proposal looks OK to us

<Geoff> +1 to Yves

<dug> The working group <a>page</a> provides additional information and the related specifications produced by this working group.

<asir> why not mention the issues list?

<dug> we discussed and voted on this last week

Alternative wording by dug accepted

Structure of f2f Agenda

Proposal by Bob on issues for F2F discussion accepted without discussion: Issues with proposals a week before teh meeting are to be considered ripe for discussion

issue discussion

<scribe> New issues: all accepted, with proposers as owners

Action Items marked as completed changed to closed

Issue 6587

<Bob> proposal at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Mar/0004.html

Curly brackets 1, 2, 4 accepted as partial resolution with no objection

<dug> no text needed in not.conv. - just let ... say "ignore unknown extensions"

<Katy> This text: ... If a receiver does not recognize an extension, the receiver SHOULD ignore it.

<asir> not consensus

Discussion on 3: contoversy centered on if it is a notational or a semantic change

Issue 6648 created for SOAP processing for Eventing

<Bob> proposal, move {3} to a point after notional conventions labeled extensibility behavior

<gpilz1> !

<asir> Bob's proposal is consistent with other Web Service specifications

<Geoff> +1

<asir> See http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-ws-policy-20070904/#Extensibility

Bob's proposal accepted

resolution: Resolve 6587 with {1,2,and 4} limit description of ... to simply denote an extensibility point, and move explicit description of extensibility behavior to a new section w/o

<Yves> +1

Issue 6392

proposal, close with no action

resolution: Issue 6392 closed with no action w/o

Issue 6396

proposal, close with no action

resolution: 6396 close with no action w/o

Issue 6588

resolution: 6588 resolved with the change of soap: to http: w/o

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/03/11 10:28:00 $