Databinding WG Teleconference

30 May 2006


See also: IRC log


Jon Calladine, (BT)
George Cowe (Origo Services)
Paul Downey (Chair, BT)
Otu Ekanem (BT)
Yves Lafon (W3C)
Ajith Ranabahu (WSO2)




<trackbot> Date: 30 May 2006

<scribe> Scribe: pauld


pauld: lines up meeting for next week, BT will all be in a room monday

<JonC> Colombo House, 50 - 60 Blackfriars Road SE1 8NZ but contact paul and myself if you want to attend

ISSUE-52: identify patterns with URIs

yves: will ping DanC re a microformat for GRDDL
... on holiday next week, but will monitor email!
... generation of XSD and WSDL still outstanding

pauld: may pick up this work

yves: had to do some cvs fixup following generating spurious directories, so refresh your cvs images

ISSSUE-12: identifying a conformant schema

gcowe: haven't spent too much time on this, but did start on the schematron and the catch-all

gcowe: trying to get Mark's time, we're busy this week, but will be available for the meeting mon/tues

ISSUE-58: anonymous complexType

pauld: raised against advanced by accident rather than design
... concerned at this point that people don't understand how we're working
... if a pattern isn't in the Basic patterns document, it isn't a Basic pattern
... people should realise that if they expect their schemas to be Basic Patterns compliant, then they need to submit them

pauld: sees another issue, how do we know when we're done

<scribe> ACTION: pdowney to send mail to clarify how we're working re ISSUE-58 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/30-databinding-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-42 - Send mail to clarify how we\'re working re ISSUE-58 [on Paul Downey - due 2006-06-06].

ISSUE-12 (again)

pauld: Ajith has joined
... george and I picking up detection work
... would like Tungsten to become an leading example on how databinding toolkits may use our testsuite
... especially regarding 'echo' service

ajith: happy to help

ISSUE-61: Movement of Patterns between Basic and Advanced Specifications

pauld: created from discussion at F2F

proposal is to mark all Basic patterns at risk of being moved to advanced

<Ajith> things seem to break up once in a while

and Advanced patterns may be moved to Basic (depending upon timing)

ajith: do you want to document the criteria for moving between advanced and basic?

pauld: yes, it has to work with all "mainstream" toolkits, which is a value judgement

jonc: CR testing will help justify a pattern being moved

RESOLUTION: ISSUE-61 closed with enclosed proposal to mark all basic patterns as "at risk"

Example Schemas from HL7 and Origo

gcowe: we had an internal review and the bulk, if not all, of the Origo patterns have now all been raised as issues

pauld: concerned about HL7 (and other verticals) not submitting "patterns" for their schema constructs

gcowe: our test tools may throw up some patterns

pauld: once we have a validation, people will try their own schemas out, which may lead to more patterns being collected
... we also have a set of schemas collected from the wild in Henry Thompson's schema collection which I have a copy (status of this unknown)
... concern in general we're not going to cover all patterns in general use

jonc: publishing may flush more out

pauld: publishing something incomplete as Last Call is more expensive in terms of the process and our time than including patterns now

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: pdowney to send mail to clarify how we're working re ISSUE-58 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/05/30-databinding-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2006/06/13 14:59:42 $