See also: IRC log
Apple Mike Ballantyne AT&T Mark Jones BEA Dave Orchard CA Igor Sedukhin Carnegie-Mel Katia Sycara Chevron-Tex Roger Cutler Cisco Sandeep Kumar Contivo Dave Hollander Daimler-Chry Mario Jeckle France Telco Shishir Garg HP Zulah Eckert IBM Heather Kreger IBM Chris Ferris Iona Eric Newcomer Ipedeo Srinivas Pandrangi Ipdedo Alex Cheng Mitre Paul Denning Nokia Mike Mahan Nortel Abbie Barbir Oracle Jeff Michinsky Progress Colleen Evans Sun Doug Bunting Sun Geoff Arnold SAP Sinisa Zimek SeeBeyond Ugo Corda Software AG Mike Champion Thompson Hao He Tibco Don Mullen Toshiba Frank McCabe WW Grainger Daniel Austin WW Grainger Tom Caroll W3C Hugo Haas W3C David Booth
BEA Duane Nickull Boeing Gerald Edgar EDS Waqar Sadiq HP YinLeng Husband Oracle Martin Chapman Sybase Himagiri Mukkamala Tibco Scott V. WebMethods Prasad Yendluri
Chair: Mike Champion
Scribe: Shishir Garg
<hugo> Alex is Alex Cheng?
... well, that's the only Alex we have
<chrisf> hello, I'll be a couple minutes late dialing in... just finishing up another call
<scribe_sg> DonMullen: Talk about DaveOrchard's
suggestion regarding MEPs
... Katia will send minutes from last conf. to entire W3C-ws-arch list
... Heather will update us on MTF and OASIS Management TC
... Mark AI: Summarize the MTF - Done
... ACTION: Frank Eric Katia Zuah to do refactoring of WSA document
... ACTION: Hugo to do Glossary - missing definitions from document in Glossary
... ACTION: Daniel to do Glossary terms update from requirements documents
... ACTION: DaveO to do publish his critique of WS-Desc document
... ACTION: DavidBooth to do get self added as Editor
... ACTION: Hugo to do add a priori to Glossary
... ACTION: DonMullen DanC to do resolve issue 4
<hugo> Issue 3 email providing pointers: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-wsa-comments/2003Jan/0002.html
<scribe_sg> ACTION: Chairs to do invite P3P group at Plenary
<hugo> Issue 19 email: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-wsa-comments/2003Jan/0001.html
<scribe_sg> ACTION: DaveH to do
summarize bottom-up reliability notes
... ACTION: wsa-members to do all note-takers from break outs to send notes to W3C-WS-ARCH list
... MikeC sent a unofficial summary from the meeting that was useful to the group. What was missing from that apart from break-out summaries?
... DaveH- Need atleast 72 hours before sending anything from private list to public list
... DaveH - Use a dual banner on such postings: For Member list only
... TomC - REST MEPs to stay off the list for now?
... DaveH - yes
... UsageScenarios - editors don't think it is not worth keeping this document active, esp after ongoing refactoring work
... Correction: UsageScenarios - editors think it is not worth keeping this document active, esp after ongoing refactoring work
... DaveO - If the UsageScenarios document can be reused then willing to think about picking it up
... Don- WSDL group looking for a co-ordination point in Arch.
... Roger - Interested in joining a task force to do WSD group coordination..
... Roger - Usage scenarios is duplicative with a document from XMLP
... ChrisF - Original Usage Scenarios TF was joint between WSDL and Arch group.. this has not changed
... Mike - WSD only wants to own description scenarios
... DaveO - that sort of separation is very bad architecturally
... DaveO - Get WSD as editors and to input on new and existing scenarios and input on SOAP, WSD, MEPs etc.
... ChrisF - Agrees that greater participation is needed
<TomCarrol> The updated issues list is now on the site
<scribe_sg> DaveO - Hugo wrote a travel use case
that can be worked on to incorporate other usage scenarios in that
... Roger - Can we find members who can give us actual input on the travel industry
... Colleen - go to the OTA
... DaveO - It might be too late and also a huge task
... ChrisF - WS-I also has some Usage Scenarios that were discussed in Washington F2F
... Colleen - Those documents are published now at the WS-I
... DaveO - We have a WS-Choreography WG, and they may need Use case and Usage scenarios.
... DaveO - A lot of overlap in editors of document and WS-Chor WG members
... ACTION: Mike to do recruit members to work on Usage Scenarios Document as co-editor
... Hugo - Glossary clean-up done at breakout at last F2F
... Hugo - definition of loose-coupling from Hao to be done
... Hugo - Concerned about getting Architecture document in sync with the Glossary
... Katia - WSD defines "Web services" different from WSA; WSA version is better
... Hugo - WSD requirements document differentiates a collection of endpoints from a service
... ACTION: Hugo to do contact WSD document editor and resolve this issue
... Katia - Service has to be a generalization of a Web service
... MikeC - Next step is to get Arch. document to reference Glossary and have a consistent set of documents
... WS Arch document refactoring discussion
... Frank - First draft of document is out..
... Frank - each concept is enumerated in a topic map style
... Frank - English text descriptions added where possible
... Frank - relationships are also defined to document subtleties
... Frank - written formally, not for average reader
... Frank - Tried to capture feature abstration - features as an architectural concept
... Frank - Arch. document needs to prove that we are meeting the requirements
... Frank - this will help with readability
... Mike - Any diagrams to help with the document?
... Frank - maybe UML
... Katia - Needs to be more mature before any public discussion
... general agreement as long as private list discussion is short
... Katia - and Frank planned to discuss one-on-one before sharing with group
... Hugo - public list primary forum for technical discussion
... Zulah - More a process question. No need to discuss this extensively.
... DaveBooth - Can get clarification from W3C Mgmt Team if needed
<dbooth> See the charter: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/ws-arch-charter#email
<scribe_sg> DaveO - As an AC rep, I remember WSA
should have public architecural discussion. Now almost willing to
support WSA to be completely private
... DaveO - Lets follow the process else change it explicitly
... EricN - Not enough technical substance, merely a process to get the document to reviewable shape
... Frank - agrees with Eric
... Katia - Agrees with Eric
... Hugo - spending technical time to discuss process
... DBooth - +1 Hugo
... MEPs discussion
... donMullen - need to coordinate various groups on MEPs; Arch group has more traction on this than WSD
... DonMullen - contacted WSD folks and need WSA participation as well
... DaveO - someone wants to do a task force?
... DaveO - There may be some operational questions related to a Task Force
... DaveO - Who would be interested in this task force?
... MikeC - interested folks on this please start a discussion via mail
... Heather - OASIS Management TC reforming as a "WS Management TC" - WISDOM!
... Heather - Formulating Charter now, will be back in 45 days