See also: IRC log
AT&T Mark Jones Carnegie-Mellon Katia Sycara Chevron-Texaco Roger Cutler Computer Assoc. Igor Sedukhin Contivo Dave Hollander HP Yin-Leng Husband HP Zulah Eckert IBM Heather Kreger Iona Eric Newcomer Nokia Mike Mahan Oracle Martin Chapman Progress Colleen Evans SAP Kevin Liu See Beyond Ugo Corda Software AG Mike Champion Sun Doug Bunting Thomson Hao He (remotely) Tibco Don Mullen Toshiba Frank McCabe W. W. Grainger Daniel Austin W. W. Grainger Tom Carroll W3C Hugo Haas W3C David Booth Web Methods Prasad Yendluri
Chair: Mike Champion
<ericn-scr> Discussing issues list, see url
... DaveO: At least define a framework for handling a priori knowledge issues
... DaveO: Proposes a glossary term or at least a property definition within the document
... ACTION: Include "a priori" in the glossary and revisit the issue
... ACTION: Hugo to ensure resolution of Issue 3
... ACTION: Don to talk with Dan to resolve issue 4
... DaveH: Ensure all issue resolution emails are copied to the wsa-issues list.
... DaveH: We have to follow policy about issue resolution in order to progress the spec drafts.
... Issue 5 remains unassigned.
... ACTION: Daniel to draft a response to Issue 6 to post to the group for review, if agreed Daniel will reply to the issue author
... ACTION: Daniel to research Issue 7 and respond
... Daniel to research and resolve Issues 8-12
... ACTION: Daniel to research and resolve issues 8-12
... ACTION: Hugo to respond to issue 13 (Link to issue broken)
... DaveH: Editors need to include WSDL harvesting info as per Issue 14
... DaveH: Issue 15, insufficient work yet, from Dave to ensure we review I18N WG docs
... ACTION: Martin to draft text to resolve Issue 17 and send it to the WG
... ACTION: MIke to resolve Issue 16
... ACTION: Daniel to resolve Issue 18
... ACTION: Hugo to resolve Issue 19
... ACTION: Mike to resolve Issue 20
... Note: the term "resolve" to identify individuals assigned to research and propose closure for an issue.
... ACTION: Eric to resolve Issue 21
... ACTION: Heather to resolve Issue 22
... ACTION: Daniel to resolve Issue 23
... ACTION: Chairs to invite P3P representative(s) to the plenary -- issue 24 unassigned
... Issue 25 unassigned
... ACTION: Hugo to add definition of "idempotent" to the glossary
... Issue 26 being addressed within DaveO's work on REST in general and may be resolved by that. Revisit once that work is further along
<DaveH> hugo, is there a way to get the action items from yesterday and wednesday?
<DaveH> I would like to review them this morning
<hugo> I didn't find any action items for
Wednesday, but the minutes were not taken on IRC
... actions items from yesterday are:
... from http://www.w3.org/2003/01/24-ws-arch-irc.txt
Scribe: set down to work on the draft
... status of the usage scenraio document?
<hugo> actually, they are listed at: http://www.w3.org/2003/01/24-ws-arch-irc#T02-23-46
Scribe: focus on architecture itself
... working draft by end next f2f?
... proof of concept first?
... work on public mailing list?
... parallel working good, but risk of refactoring
... work on architecture today
davidH: complete draft at end of next f2f
zulah: where should mgt end wrt Web services?
Heather: input welcome on other models
hugo: what is CIM?
heather: COmmon Information Model
<dbooth> Heather's presentation is available at http://www.w3.org/2003/ws/arch/3/01/heather/Management_f2f_012102_clean.htm . The slide images may not show up yet, but will shortly.
heather: waiting for Intermediary, Gateways
roger: issue wrt visiblitiy
hugo: cannot decide what to do about MTF
Scribe: how will mgt fit into WSA itself?
heather: finish requirements, continue work in OASIS Mgt Protocol TC
zulah: formj a liaison with OSAIS MPTC, OMG, etc?
davidh: try to manage fragmentation of competing mgt specs
zulah: recommend to fold MTF back into WSA?
... should MTF be done in a private group and then submit a proposal to the WSA group?
dbooth: collusion not welcome image
... could produce a w3c note on magement
zulah: recommend to disband MTF, solve problems in other ways (e.g. to produce a W3C note on mgt?
davidh: we are chartered to produce deliverables + report on consensus
... A group may form task forces (composed of group participants) to carry out assignments for the group. The scope of these assignments must not exceed the scope of the group's charter. A group should document the process it uses to create task forces (e.g., each task force may have an informal "charter").
heather: there are other models for mgt, e.g. those are relevant to telecoms such as SID
zulah: looking for ways for progressing mgt in the most effective way
<hugo> Note about Hugo's statement: concern that the MTF is touching things outside of our scope, which is limited to the architecture framework, and also about visibility
Scribe: action: heather will email deliverables relating to MTF to the WSA with due dates
<zulah> Note about Zulah's statements: The minutes
should reflect that HP has participated in the MTF and is simply
seeking reasonable solutions to resolve the issues that are
impeding MTF progress. HP is also concerned that the spaces of
telecom and enterprise management are somewhat disjoint and that
whatever the architecture for management is, that it not favor one
management model view of the world over another.
... Note about Zulah's statement: Further, that the MTF should maintain this neutrality when liaising with external standardsgrops.
heather: MTF formally does not recommend forming a new working group on mgt in WS at the moment
davidh: no recommendations until MTF produces requirements
<dbooth> Heather's presentation in PPT format: http://www.w3.org/2003/ws/arch/3/01/heather/Management_f2f_012102.ppt and in HTML format: http://www.w3.org/2003/ws/arch/3/01/heather/Management_f2f_012102_clean.htm
Scribe: call to roder
... call to order
<DaveH> ACTION: heather to post list of MTF deliverables to email
Scribe: what are the first principles of the WSA?
... Ch 1: Contract with teh reader
... intended audience
... framework for understanding
... what is an architecture
... ch 0 Preface
... why is this a good idea
... a web service is an example of a core concept
... ch 2 core concepts
... relationships such as "is a", "has a",
... part of contract: framework will provide structure necessary to derive benefits of the WSA.
Scribe: ch 3 qualities and attributes
... stakeholders' perspectives
... excpetions are a core concept
... key ilities: interopability, reliability, managability, extensibility, privacy, security, scalability, maintainability, adaptability
... action: eric draft the contract section
... action: katia and frank draft a sample concept/relationship
... WSA expresses deep appreciation for cyclone's hospitality for the f2f meeting
<MChapman> bye for the record
<DaveH> until next time