Web Services Addressing WG Teleconference

3 Jan 2005


See also: IRC log


Rebecca Bergersen (IONA Technologies, Inc.)
Francisco Curbera (IBM Corporation)
Paul Downey (BT)
Michael Eder (Nokia)
Arun Gupta (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
Yin-Leng Husband (HP)
Anish Karmarkar (Oracle Corporation)
Philippe Le Hégaret (W3C)
Jonathan Marsh (Microsoft Corporation)
Jeff Mischkinsky (Oracle Corporation)
David Orchard (BEA Systems, Inc.)
Mark Peel (Novell, Inc.)
Harris Reynolds (webMethods, Inc.)
Tom Rutt (Fujitsu Limited)
Rich Salz (DataPower Technology, Inc.)
Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond Technology Corporation)
Steve Winkler (SAP AG)
Ümit Yalçınalp (SAP AG)
Ugo Corda (SeeBeyond Technology Corporation)
Glen Daniels (Sonic Software)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu Limited)
Robert Freund (Hitachi, Ltd.)
Martin Gudgin (Microsoft Corporation)
Marc Hadley (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
Mark Little (Arjuna Technologies Ltd.)
Eisaku Nishiyama (Hitachi, Ltd.)
Ales Novy (Systinet Inc.)
Jiri Tejkl (Systinet Inc.)
Greg Truty (IBM Corporation)
Steve Vinoski (IONA Technologies, Inc.)
Hugo Haas (W3C)
Davanum Srinivas (Computer Associates)
Mark Nottingham
Yin-Leng Husband


previous minutes

Minutes approved with no objections

Review action items

One change: Anish's 1st AI for issue i017 is done.

Upcoming Meetings

Registration for f2f in Melbourne closes today. Will have a phone available for the f2f, and will have IRC/Zakim also.

Chair will get preliminary agenda out soon.

Some substitute participants will be there. Write to the Chair if it is the case and the substitute is allowed to vote for your company. Don't forget to register them as well. Chair also encourages absent Members to nominate proxies if necessary.

For the f2f after that, the straw poll indicated that 2 or 3 won't be able to make either meetings.

Preference is for meeting at Tech Plenary, extending to sunday.

Jan 31, and Feb 1st are current dates

Need to check facility availability for the Sunday.

Dates are Sunday 27th to Tue 1st March.

New and Proposed Issues



Issue 1

Gudge will be back tomorrow.

Hugo will be back on Wed, then discuss where we go for Issue 1 at f2f.

Paco will start discussion in the meantime.

Issue 8

Dims, Glen, absent, Rich will do action in next few days.

Issue 9

Paul: been working on this, but have run into a difficulty trying to provide a more concrete expansion of proposal#3 following DaveO's suggestion of using mustIgnore for multliple values. will send something to the list this week.

Issue 14

Hugo sent proposal to close 14.

Paco sent some small changes to proposal, and Jonathan is happy with Paco's changes.

Issue 17

Anish: started working on strawman proposal, will get it out by today

Chair: How should we move forward regarding first sub-issue?

Anish: want to know group's feeling re: "allowing non-distinct value for property"

<TomRutt> What is the uniqueness scope

Chair: any relationship to issue 25?

Anish: my proposal doesn't explore issue 25, but it is certain that multiple actions would affect my proposal.

ACTION: Anish to make proposal for resolution of first subissue by next thursday.

Issue 21

Anish: No chance yet to discuss with Hugo who is on vacation.

Issue 34

Waiting for Hugo to comment on JonM's proposal

Waiting for Marc on issue 35

Issue 38

Paco will send clarification by Friday.

Issue 41

Chair: Need to start to collect scenarios.

Harris: would be useful to come up with template.

ACTION: Harris to come up with template by 10th Jan.

The XMLP WG had done some work in this area.

<pauld> my company expects to provide several use-cases, template would be very helpful

Arun: owns issue 40, will get something out by next week.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Anish to make proposal for resolution of first
... subissue by next thursday.
[NEW] ACTION: Harris to come up with template by 10th Jan.

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl 1.95 (CVS log)
$Date: 2005/01/03 22:41:48 $