These are informal notes from the non-quorate TAG telecon of January 3, 2013. This is version has not been approved as a true record of the TAG's meeting and there is some risk that individual TAG members have been misquoted. This transcript should typically not be quoted, except as necessary to arrange for correction and approval.
See also: IRC log
<noah> Please look at new agenda just posted...includes first cut at F2F topics
<Larry> scribenick: Ashok
<Larry> This will likely be an informal meeting
<Larry> ... since only 4 here
Noah: May cancel the call next week
<Larry> Noah: TAG is supposed to be 20% of time, just about to spend 3 days
Noah: We will meet in the Kiva room. I will send f2f details.
Noah goes thru the agenda
Noah: We got comments from Richard Cyganiak on Frag Id draft.
... we could talk about that.
... I am at risk for part of Monday. I'm inclined to schedule FragId and Publishing and Linking that day.
... Norm and John Kemp will join us on Tuesday
Noah goes thru the actions in the agenda
<Larry> Ashok and I should get together and respond to comments from two weeks ago
Noah: We will not discuss XML/HTML unification and Issue 57
<trackbot> ACTION-772 -- Larry Masinter to with help from Jeni to propose CR exit criteria for fragids finding Due 2013-01-08 -- due 2013-01-18 -- OPEN
Noah: Larry, will you have something to discuss at f2f?
<trackbot> ACTION-773 -- Ashok Malhotra to line up reviewers for Publishing and Linking and invite to participate in F2F -- due 2012-12-20 -- OPEN
<noah> AM: We discussed this on our last call, right?
<noah> AM: What else should we be doing?
<noah> AM: Larry and I have thoughts about where to take this...as regards other reviewers?
<Larry> I think we need to revise the document to address comments we got last call
<Larry> ... and that we haven't done that
<noah> LM: I think we need to revise the document in the next week to respond to comments, and have something to discuss.
<noah> AM: Larry, you and I should talk soon
<noah> AM: In addition to the three who have responded, Danny Weitzner and Thinh Nguyen said they may respond
<Larry> Noah: Close 773 and open new action to Ashok & Larry to redraft
<noah> Close ACTION-773
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-773 Line up reviewers for Publishing and Linking and invite to participate in F2F.
Noah: Let's close ACTION-773 and open another action to track that you guys are working on a redraft
<noah> ACTION: Ashok with help from Larry to redraft Publishing and Linking, responding to comments, for review at F2F [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/03-minutes#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-776 - With help from Larry to redraft Publishing and Linking, responding to comments, for review at F2F [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2013-01-10].
<noah> LM: I had two blog comments consistent with what we heard from reviewers
Larry: We should respond to comments on my blog which are really relevant to the P&L document
... all the comments are similar
Noah: That's encouraging. Seems people are reading our work.
<trackbot> ACTION-774 -- Peter Linss to frame F2F discussion of Privacy by design note, and possible followup up with privacy group. Due: 2013-01-08 -- due 2012-12-20 -- OPEN
Peter: I will work on that next week.
Noah: I will schedule a session on that
... we can invite other folks who may be interested
<noah> TAG future directions: we will likely discuss this several times, especially on Tuesday when our visitors are with us
Noah: Anything else we can add to f2f agenda?
Larry: TAG organization, etc.
<Larry> I'm not worried about running out of things to talk about
Larry: Comments are minor ... almost editorial
<noah> ACTION: Jeni to draft proposed response to Richard Cyganiak's comments on Fragids [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/03-minutes#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-777 - Draft proposed response to Richard Cyganiak's comments on Fragids [on Jeni Tennison - due 2013-01-10].
Noah: We can discuss TAG futures, future work etc.
Larry: In the early days of the TAG there was discussion about whether the AWWW should be done by a WG
Noah: My challenge is that the TAG has no clear goal and the TAG members are not agreed on what the goal should be
<Larry> the TAG has a charter with 3 aspects and the proposal is to carve off part of the first
<Larry> The problem for me is AWWW is still based on a 1990's view
Yes, It's out of date
Larry, perhaps there are other folks, not on the TAG, who could help with AWWW
<Larry> Thinking about webplatform.org
Larry: Perhaps there are things in their architecture statement that we could use for AWWW
<Larry> Before we get to giving advice, we just need to describe how things work in a general way
<Larry> I'd want a pointer to REST and a description of REST vs. non-REST
<Larry> I'd want a discussion of downloaded code and origin
Noah: How about we talk about what is linkable
Ashok: That's one aspect ... there are several others
Noah: Perhaps APIs
Larry: We can start with the Open Web Platform architecture
Noah: AWWW says you must use URIs, the other pieces are pluggable
Discussion about whether the browser is fundamental to the architecture
<Larry> the architecture document should be inclusive enough that you can find the modules that are connected by the interfaces specified by the specs listed in http://www.w3.org/wiki/Open_Web_Platform
<noah> I am going to hang up. Happy New Year!