W3C TAG Teleconference of 15 May 2008

15 May 2008



Dan Connolly, Ashok Malhotra, Noah Mendelsohn, Jonathan Rees, Stuart Williams
T.V. Raman, Tim Berners-Lee, Norm Walsh, Henry Thompson
Stuart Williams
Noah Mendelsohn


Review of minutes from past meetings

Considering minutes of 8 May: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/05/08-minutes

SW: I'm happy with them. Any other comments?


SW: Anyone object to approving these minutes?


RESOLUTION: Minutes of 8 May 2008 at http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/05/08-minutes are approved.

Future meetings

SW: We will meet on 29 May, with Ashok as scribe.


SW: Any regrets?


AM: I am out 5 June

<DanC> (I think I'm out 5 June too. not sure yet.)

Upcoming F2F Meeting in Bristol

SW: I've posted a proposed agenda for Bristol at http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/05/19-agenda - they should be accessible to the public. I haven't gotten much feedback, so I'm assuming everything's OK?

NM: Warning that we're getting to the point where I would have trouble doing much serious prep for the "Rich Client" technologies slot, though I still think it's a very good use of time and I hope it stays on the agenda.

SW: I'll try to keep it from slipping off.

JR: I'm very pleased to see a blank slot. Hope it doesn't get filled.

<jar> (too soon)

SW: I'm hoping we can push Passwords in the Clear and namespacedocument-8 to where we can publish.

NM: I'm optimistic that selfDescribing Web might be nearly ready to publish too.

SW: Also have seen serious reviews and redrafting on Versioning, so I've scheduled some time on that.

<DanC> (namespaceDocument-8 is resolved.)

<DanC> (see http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/02/27-minutes#item05 )

<jar> silence

SW: Dan, we are still working on namespaceDocument-8. We haven't agreed to publish a finding. Henry is still working on the comments that I made.

DC: We resolved to publish, and the resolution suggested dealing with Stuart's issues as editorial.

NM: Dan, are you suggesting there may be no need to discuss?

DC: Yes. Certainly it's at best low priority to discuss again.

Outstanding action items

<DanC> (it may be worth ftf time to discuss the fact that the bulk of the TAG's action items are assigned to HT)

SW: Please look at and either complete or at least update due dates for your outstanding action items

<DanC> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/users/10068

DC: Ashok, tracker thinks you have an overdue action to review the versioning document.

AM: I thought I'd done that.

DC: If you've done it, mark it DONE.

SW: No, PENDING REVIEW, please. We're using PENDING REVIEW to indicate that the person with the action thinks it's done and thus ready for group review. DONE means that TAG agree's it's done.

DC: Yes. Right, that's the signal to the group that we should discuss, and please put the ACTION-XXX in the subject string. Also, if things slip, please reset due dates so that they remain in the future.

<DanC> dave's thanks for ashok's review http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008May/0032.html

AM: I thought I offered to review it again, so I'm a bit unsure where it stands.

SW: Please update tracker to be PENDING REVIEW or to slip the due date, depending on whether you think you have more to do.

<DanC> action-139?

<trackbot-ng> ACTION-139 -- Noah Mendelsohn to review Dave's redraft of passwords in the clear (dealing with digest auth and strong passwords) -- due 2008-05-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot-ng> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/139

NM: Yes, Dave made some changes in response to my review, and the group has not reviewed those.

DC: OK, it's correctly marked then.

SW: We are adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2008/05/15 20:37:36 $