From Semantic Web Standards
Representing temporal evolutions of concept schemes and their content. Versioning.
Focused on KOSs:
- SKOS Core Guide (2004-2005) Section: Versioning and Change Management http://esw.w3.org/SkosCoreGuideToc/SectionVersioning
- Extending the simple knowledge organization system for concept management in vocabulary development applications. Joseph T. Tennis, Stuart A. Sutton. http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/116332034/HTMLSTART (see also "Previous discussions" section below)
- Use cases defining an implementation of the above paper in the NSDL/Open Metadata Registry
- "A Metadata Registry from Vocabularies UP: The NSDL Registry Project". Diane I. Hillmann, Stuart A. Sutton, Jon Phipps, Ryan Laundry, Dublin Core 2006, http://arxiv.org/abs/cs.DL/0605111 has a discussion of versioning SKOS vocabularies on page 4.
- Implementation example of the above in the Metadata Registry
- DDC, SKOS, and Linked Data on the Web. Michael Panzer. http://www.oclc.org/news/events/presentations/2008/ISKO/20080805-deweyskos-panzer.ppt http://dewey.info/
- Slides on change management in Identifying management issues in networked KOS: examples from classification schemes. Aida Slavic, Antoine Isaac. http://www.comp.glam.ac.uk/pages/research/hypermedia/nkos/nkos2009/programme.html
- Correspondence between ISO 25964 and SKOS/SKOS-XL Models. Technical report, National Information Standards Organization, 2012. Available from: http://www.niso.org/schemas/iso25964/correspondencesSKOS/
- Case study: "Constantly Under Construction - STW Thesaurus for Economics Linked Data Maintenance", by Joachim Neubert (Slides from DC Libraries Community 2013) http://dcevents.dublincore.org/IntConf/dc-2013/paper/view/152/168
In more general context:
- Versioning (UK Government) Linked Data. Jeni Tennison. http://www.jenitennison.com/blog/node/141
- OWL versioning
- Papers by Michel Klein http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mcaklein/papers/older/ and Natasha Noy ...
- The Changeset ontology defines a set of terms for describing changes to resource descriptions http://vocab.org/changeset/schema.html
- http://www.ontologydynamics.org for the ontology dynamics community (and workshops)
- Biological taxonomy services by NamesforLife, including time aspects. http://services.namesforlife.com
- ISO 19135:2005 Geographic information -- Procedures for item registration
- a generic model for registration (publication) of items in 'registers'
- includes workflows for modification of registers, and identifies key parties involved in the registration process
- formalized in a UML profile that is close to RDF
- With a focus on tracking changes for mapping update: Sini Pessala et al. “MUTU: An Analysis Tool for Maintaining a System of Hierarchically Linked Ontologies.” (ISWC 2011) http://www.seco.tkk.fi/publications/2011/pessala-et-al-mutu-2011.pdf
- "Modeling change in and between schemes using SKOS - the problem of persistent URIs", public-esw-thes, August 2006 http://markmail.org/thread/o6mfnrzatawebkek
- "Revisions and changes in SKOS", public-esw-thes, September 2008 http://markmail.org/thread/asun6mi7c6m2y6ef
- "Status of SKOS resources (stable, testing etc) : supersededBy ???" June-July 2010 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2010Jul/0002.html
- "SKOS, owl:sameAs and DBpedia" March 2010 http://markmail.org/message/eo7nmtjuaifmxgnj
- SKOS and the ontogenesis of vocabularies - Joseph Tennis, DC 2005 ttp://dcpapers.dublincore.org/pubs/article/view/832
- Linking SKOS concepts to other representations of the same referent. See foaf:focus. Different versions of a concept have the same focus, either across different concept schemes, or across different versions of the "same" concept scheme.